• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Performance Pack on the GT

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
I want as little to do to my vehicle as possible aftermarket. Just want to get it and fully bolt-on/tune it (Whenever that becomes possible). The PP/MR/AE/NP combo really just gets a majority of what I more or less would do out of the way.
Sponsored

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm with the OP here. No plans to modify and I can never take the convertible I ordered to the track, so PP doesn't add much value...however...MagneRide is worth every penny and is only available with PP. Ordering PP is just the cost of doing business to get to the Magneride...so is forfeiting the spare tire and being reliant on AAA for anything a can of fix-a-flat can't handle (not that I really want to use that crap either).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I don't like the PP wheels and they are a total PITA to keep clean.
I agree they do look like a pain to keep clean, especially while breaking in new brakes (all the dust!), but I actually love the way they look. The whole PP was enough for me to want it on my order between the wheels (bronze for me), the rear wing, and the capability to throw the car into some of the tight curves that surround my home. I added the MagneRide to really enhance the PP. This will be my first Mustang so I decided to get everything I could on it. No holding back! From what I've read from others on this site I won't be disappointed in the handling with this setup.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I agree they do look like a pain to keep clean, especially while breaking in new brakes (all the dust!), but I actually love the way they look. The whole PP was enough for me to want it on my order between the wheels (bronze for me), the rear wing, and the capability to throw the car into some of the tight curves that surround my home. I added the MagneRide to really enhance the PP. This will be my first Mustang so I decided to get everything I could on it. No holding back! From what I've read from others on this site I won't be disappointed in the handling with this setup.
My current vehicle is a '14 Grand Cherokee SRT which comes with the chrome "spide monkey" wheels like the picture below. I've had this car for 7+ years and I abslolutely HATE cleaning the wheels. I think they looks great when nice and clean but man it takes a ton of effort to keep them that way. I swore that my next car would have simpler wheels so the PP wheels are a no-go for me. I'm leaning towards the black nite pony package/wheels. Good looking wheels and not to complex of a spoke pattern. They look like they won't be too hard to keep clean.

S650 Mustang Performance Pack on the GT img_5303-

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
My current vehicle is a '14 Grand Cherokee SRT which comes with the chrome "spide monkey" wheels like the picture below. I've had this car for 7+ years and I abslolutely HATE cleaning the wheels. I think they looks great when nice and clean but man it takes a ton of effort to keep them that way. I swore that my next car would have simpler wheels so the PP wheels are a no-go for me. I'm leaning towards the black nite pony package/wheels. Good looking wheels and not to complex of a spoke pattern. They look like they won't be too hard to keep clean.

img_5303-jpg.jpg
Just get them ceramic coated. Makes keeping even the most complicated wheels easy.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150

img_5303-jpg.jpg
Nice rims! Those look great! My Mustang will be a fair weather weekend car so my only challenge will be the brake dust which washes away relatively easily. Will see how much I hate cleaning them in a few months.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice rims! Those look great! My Mustang will be a fair weather weekend car so my only challenge will be the brake dust which washes away relatively easily. Will see how much I hate cleaning them in a few months.
One trick I learned from the Jeep forums is the replace the stock brembro pads with ceramics. The brake dust was just INSANE when if first go the car. Ceramic pads eliminated that. They did squeek a lot at first but once they fully broke in they quieted down. Bikeman above makes a good point about getting the rims ceramic coated. That would make a huge difference in cleaning time/effort.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
One trick I learned from the Jeep forums is the replace the stock brembro pads with ceramics. The brake dust was just INSANE when if first go the car. Ceramic pads eliminated that. They did squeek a lot at first but once they fully broke in they quieted down. Bikeman above makes a good point about getting the rims ceramic coated. That would make a huge difference in cleaning time/effort.
You guys have any estimates on how much the ceramic coating costs? I was thinking about getting the paint, trim, windows, and wheels done .

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I am not a racer. I'm also never going to take my car to the track.

But I still hope there is someone out here who still can convince me to take the Performance Pack
There is 0 reason for you to get the PP with this statement alone

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Just be really careful if you're choosing to go for ceramic pads. Most affordable low dust options aren't well equipped to handle high heat so if you're paying for Brembos, you're really missing the point. The factory options are imo one of the best stock pads you can get if you can deal with the dust.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There is 0 reason for you to get the PP with this statement alone
100% disagree with this. The car just doesn't drive like it should without the PP and it can be felt in normal everyday driving

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just be really careful if you're choosing to go for ceramic pads. Most affordable low dust options aren't well equipped to handle high heat so if you're paying for Brembos, you're really missing the point. The factory options are imo one of the best stock pads you can get if you can deal with the dust.
No doubt there was a loss in performance when I switched to ceramic pads. The bite on the original brembo pads was amazing. But the brake dust created was like nothing I had ever seen. It was a dustpocalypse and would cover my wheels in a matter of days.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
I'm going to order a GT Premium, Race Red, 10-speed, with Nite Pony Pack, 401A Equipment Group.

What I see on this forum is that almost everybody goes with the Performance Pack.

So now I'm looking at the performance pack and it costs 5000 USD. That's 10% of the whole car that I built.

When I go through the list of what the Performance car comes with, I'm not really that impressed and it has everything to do with my 0-technical background.

- 19 inch Brembo Brakes (I don't know how big the difference is between this and the GT brakes).
- Electric hand operated parking break (this has no value for me)
- Front Tow hooks (this has no value for me)
- Grille painted in Ebony black (Are the GT grills not painted black?)
- Heavy Duty front springs (I have no clue what this adds for me)
- K-Brace (I have no clue what this does)
- Performance Raised rear wing (This is absolutely cool looking and I want it)
- Black painted strut tower brace (I have no clue what a tower brace is and what it does)
- Torsen 3.55 (I have no clue what this is)
- Unique chassis tuning (what's the difference?)
- Upsized rear sway bar (I have no clue what this does)

As you can see the Performance Pack comes along with plenty of things. But for me, It looks like the 5000 USD are too much. Especially if I only want the rear spoiler and have no clue what all the other options are and what they do.

I am not a racer. I'm also never going to take my car to the track, tune it or anything.
The 486 HP on my future GT are more than enough.

But I still hope there is someone out here who still can convince me to take the Performance Pack cause I love gadgets. But I want to know what they do first :p
I agree with you 100%, but I selected the performance package mainly because of:
Performance Raised rear wing (This is absolutely cool looking and I want it)
Sponsored