• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Performance Pack on the GT

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Boss 302
I personally would not want a mustang gt without MagnaRide and the PP. They make the car feel and preform so much better and a lot more enjoyable to drive.
Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
IIRC, the PP costs $6,500 for us in Canada...so it's no small price at all. When this package only cost $4,500 for us a little over a year ago, it was a no-brainer...now, it's quite the investment.

A couple of things. The Torsen equipped 3.55 in the rear is better for putting the power down on the race track. You will never need this on the street vs the standard LSD. As for the 3.15 vs the 3.55...well, you'll get better fuel economy with the 3.15 and lose "A BIT" of acceleration vs the 3.55. I say a bit, because with the 10A, it's literally a couple of KPH difference in the lower gears and these cars are traction limited as it is. But, for what it's worth, you can always add the 3.55 for $500. For a more "snappy" feel in acceleration, it is worth it, IMHO...especially for only $500.

The upgraded brakes are overkill for the street if you aren't planning on tracking the car at all. They look cool as hell and are very capable...but the stock binders are easily up to the task, even with spirited driving.

As for the suspension/chassis...they definitely differ quite a bit between the two. The base GT is setup for daily driving comfort and compliance. It is soft, it moves around a little bit under hard driving...but it is tuned that way to be more relaxed. Can you push it? Of course, just don't expect the body control of something more buttoned down. Speaking of buttoned down, that's what the PP brings. It gives the car the sporty ride/handling that you'd expect out of a sports car. Going further and getting Magnetic suspension...well, on these cars it is a fantastic option and is a real shame that you can't get it as a stand-alone option. Long story short: GT = more comfort, PP = more performance, PP w/MRC = both.

TLDR: If the car is being used mainly as a boulevard cruiser with a bit of "fun" now and again...I'd skip the PP. If you want to enjoy spirited driving more often and do plan on driving the car with some purpose, get the PP.

Also, any reason why you won't be getting the active exhaust option?

Anyway, my 0.02!

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
lol performance pack for wheels??
Everything else in the package they list, they really don't seem to care about. OP seems to want the car for transportation purposes. So I was just thinking for looks.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
IIRC, the PP costs $6,500 for us in Canada...so it's no small price at all. When this package only cost $4,500 for us a little over a year ago, it was a no-brainer...now, it's quite the investment.

A couple of things. The Torsen equipped 3.55 in the rear is better for putting the power down on the race track. You will never need this on the street vs the standard LSD. As for the 3.15 vs the 3.55...well, you'll get better fuel economy with the 3.15 and lose "A BIT" of acceleration vs the 3.55. I say a bit, because with the 10A, it's literally a couple of KPH difference in the lower gears and these cars are traction limited as it is. But, for what it's worth, you can always add the 3.55 for $500. For a more "snappy" feel in acceleration, it is worth it, IMHO...especially for only $500.

The upgraded brakes are overkill for the street if you aren't planning on tracking the car at all. They look cool as hell and are very capable...but the stock binders are easily up to the task, even with spirited driving.

As for the suspension/chassis...they definitely differ quite a bit between the two. The base GT is setup for daily driving comfort and compliance. It is soft, it moves around a little bit under hard driving...but it is tuned that way to be more relaxed. Can you push it? Of course, just don't expect the body control of something more buttoned down. Speaking of buttoned down, that's what the PP brings. It gives the car the sporty ride/handling that you'd expect out of a sports car. Going further and getting Magnetic suspension...well, on these cars it is a fantastic option and is a real shame that you can't get it as a stand-alone option. Long story short: GT = more comfort, PP = more performance, PP w/MRC = both.

TLDR: If the car is being used mainly as a boulevard cruiser with a bit of "fun" now and again...I'd skip the PP. If you want to enjoy spirited driving more often and do plan on driving the car with some purpose, get the PP.

Also, any reason why you won't be getting the active exhaust option?

Anyway, my 0.02!
Thanks for the detailed description. I guess besides the spoiler, I don't need it.

But yeah, I forgot to mention the active exhaust. Ofcourse I'm going with that. Dual tips are for Ecoboosts 😂

Slackaveli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost High Perf Pack w/ Handling Pack
I got the Torsen 3.55, the magneride, the P-Zero Corsa tires, all the handling bits, etc and they're all great and worthwhile upgrades.

Just a comment on the "unique chasis tuning".
seriously better driving experience with much improved throttle response with that, especially with the Torsen lsd..

It does seem to have a bit less than the s550 HPP/HP and they had to "reach" a little on things like front tow hooks (repo man LOVES those, but wtf would any of us care?) and the drift brake (lmfao, i can not WAIT for s650 drift Youtube videos bc that shit is going to cause some mayhem and will absolutely be being used on regular roads out here).

Although Im jealous of y'all with your s650 orders in I think I'm gonna hold pat and maybe strike on a 2025 model next year.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Thanks for the detailed description. I guess besides the spoiler, I don't need it.

But yeah, I forgot to mention the active exhaust. Ofcourse I'm going with that. Dual tips are for Ecoboosts 😂
Maaan idk. I'd have a tough time choosing if my only options were an Ecoboost High performance or a GT with no performance upgrades. The eco would out accelerate it and be in an entirely different class as far as handling

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Maaan idk. I'd have a tough time choosing if my only options were an Ecoboost High performance or a GT with no performance upgrades. The eco would out accelerate it and be in an entirely different class as far as handling
For me the Ecoboost is not an option at all. I can't drive a Mustang without a V8 sound.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
For me the Ecoboost is not an option at all. I can't drive a Mustang without a V8 sound.
Same but can't drive a mustang with an automatic. The v8 is just a plus 😂

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
This is a thread about the GT & PP. Why even bother to bring up the EB? Although a fine car, especially the HPP, it is not relevant to this thread.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This is a thread about the GT & PP. Why even bother to bring up the EB? Although a fine car, especially the HPP, it is not relevant to this thread.
If you read, you'd see I quoted a comment about the Ecoboost

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I tend to agree. To me the only things I would want from the PP are the rear spoiler and magneride. I don't like the PP wheels and they are a total PITA to keep clean. On top of that I'm getting the convertible so the spoiler doesn't apply anyway. I plan on adding the brembros as a stand alone. Although the magneride would be nice, I'm not paying $5K for it.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Based off your comments on how you'd use it, get the base GT. Maybe shop for a wheel/tire setup you like while your stock tires wear out, then upgrade on replacement.

Look at some axle backs. Look at spoiler and splitter options. Interior trim.

You could spend that 4500 on all that, and still likely have some left over.

phillymike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2015 Dodge Durango RT
For the S550 there are multiple threads on the GT Performance Package and Magneride in the 6gen forum.

Bottom line: adding both gives an improvement in handling that is noticeable in cornering and spirited driving, but at high added cost vs. the cost of the parts added by Ford. Ideally you would drive both and determine if that high cost is worth it to you.

I decided it was worth it for me after test driving several GT's without the Performance Package and the 2023 I bought with both Performance Pack and Magneride. I am not a garage rat and wouldn't be modding the car myself, so the added cost gave me a car I need to do very little with.
Sponsored