• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ordering a New Mustang? Head to Costco

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Skip the dealer and head on over to Costco for some gas, a rotisserie chicken and a new Mustang! šŸ¤£ Itā€™s funny, but if Ford ever comes out with a Shelby version I will absolutely be ordering it through Costco!

S650 Mustang Ordering a New Mustang? Head to Costco IMG_8131

S650 Mustang Ordering a New Mustang? Head to Costco IMG_8132

S650 Mustang Ordering a New Mustang? Head to Costco IMG_8134

S650 Mustang Ordering a New Mustang? Head to Costco IMG_8133
Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
At this point I would do just about anything to avoid going to a dealer. Tesla has it right: open the website, spec your car, and submit. When your car comes in, you go in to sign a couple papers, and youā€™re in your way in 10 minutes.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
At this point I would do just about anything to avoid going to a dealer. Tesla has it right: open the website, spec your car, and submit. When your car comes in, you go in to sign a couple papers, and youā€™re in your way in 10 minutes.
What do you do for service & warranty work? According to NADA (2020), car dealerships make about 25% of their Gross Profit from car sales. If you take that away, it doesn't leave much money left to invest in service.

LOTO1953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT On Oder
I have a GT vert on order and I priced the same build on Costco and it is $2,100.00 more than my dealer order with X plan.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
13 new vehicles since 2006, same dealer, same salesman until he retired, so last was from his son. Would never trade that relationship for ordering from a computer. Oh, and I'm in IT.

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
Any Ford stealership should service it. It's Ford vehicle with warranty.

What do you do for service & warranty work? According to NADA (2020), car dealerships make about 25% of their Gross Profit from car sales. If you take that away, it doesn't leave much money left to invest in service.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any Ford stealership should service it. It's Ford vehicle with warranty.
Yes, they will service it, but will they have the right attitude?

OP
OP
Crew4991

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
13 new vehicles since 2006, same dealer, same salesman until he retired, so last was from his son. Would never trade that relationship for ordering from a computer. Oh, and I'm in IT.
Statistics show that relationships with dealer sales people actually gives them an open opportunity to get more profits from you since they earned your trust and you believe they have a vested interest in your car purchasing experience. Beware. Itā€™s a slippery path to be on. Even the finance manager would say, ā€œoh donā€™t worry, we will take care of you.ā€ ā€œThatā€™s great that your buddy on the sales floor is looking out for you.ā€ šŸ”ŖšŸ’°

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Statistics show that relationships with dealer sales people actually gives them an open opportunity to get more profits from you since they earned your trust and you believe they have a vested interest in your car purchasing experience. Beware. Itā€™s a slippery path to be on. Even the finance manager would say, ā€œoh donā€™t worry, we will take care of you.ā€ ā€œThatā€™s great that your buddy on the sales floor is looking out for you.ā€ šŸ”ŖšŸ’°
Yeah, I get that too.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The first day I walked into the dealership, I said to my salesman, "I'm not here to buy a car. I'm here to build a relationship." That's exactly what I did.

I'm a finance hawk, so nobody screws me. In fact, it was my salesman who first taught me to get financed thru Ford Credit to get a $1,000 instant rebate, then just refinance immediately (with my CU) and pay off the Ford Credit loan with my very first payment. I've done that 3 or 4 times now. Today, I have a good friendship with the dealership owner. They have never not bent over backwards for me.

OP
OP
Crew4991

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
The first day I walked into the dealership, I said to my salesman, "I'm not here to buy a car. I'm here to build a relationship." That's exactly what I did.

I'm a finance hawk, so nobody screws me. In fact, it was my salesman who first taught me to get financed thru Ford Credit to get a $1,000 instant rebate, then just refinance immediately (with my CU) and pay off the Ford Credit loan with my very first payment. I've done that 3 or 4 times now. Today, I have a good friendship with the dealership owner. They have never not bent over backwards for me.
Glad you had a good experience. Just beware for sly tricks. Only advising this as I canā€™t tell you how many thousands of dollars my father has wasted on extended warranties, rust proofing, Chrystal Fusion (whatever the F that is) by going to the same sales guy he is ā€œfriendsā€ with because ā€œhe has my best interest at handā€ā€¦ yeah noā€¦ all he cares about is his paycheck to feed his family.

Buying a car is a transaction. Keep it transactional. Yes, be friendly and if you connect with someone, great- you had a good experience but trust nobody except yourself. Only you have your best interest at hand.

Put it this way, if I worked in sales and you were interested in a product I was selling, I would 100% be ā€œfriendsā€ with you in order to get closer to your wallet regardless if I thought you were weird, a jerk, or a cool person. Always remember everyone has different motives. Buyer wants the best product for the lowest price, while seller only cares what you think of the product to get the highest price.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you had a good experience. Just beware for sly tricks. Only advising this as I canā€™t tell you how many thousands of dollars my father has wasted on extended warranties, rust proofing, Chrystal Fusion (whatever the F that is) by going to the same sales guy he is ā€œfriendsā€ with because ā€œhe has my best interest at handā€ā€¦ yeah noā€¦ all he cares about is his paycheck to feed his family.

Buying a car is a transaction. Keep it transactional. Yes, be friendly and if you connect with someone, great- you had a good experience but trust nobody except yourself. Only you have your best interest at hand.

Put it this way, if I worked in sales and you were interested in a product I was selling, I would 100% be ā€œfriendsā€ with you in order to get closer to your wallet regardless if I thought you were weird, a jerk, or a cool person. Always remember everyone has different motives. Buyer wants the best product for the lowest price, while seller only cares what you think of the product to get the highest price.
With all due respect, I don't think you're paying attention. I need zero advice on buying vehicles. I've literally purchased dozens. I'm not your average consumer.

Appreciate your efforts, though. šŸ˜‰

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Buyer wants the best product for the lowest price, while seller only cares what you think of the product to get the highest price.
Itā€™s the salesman that doesnā€™t need to sell but gets to sell you make friends with. Not all salesmen/saleswomen are simply in it for the profit. Donā€™t get me wrong a good profit is enjoyed by all but just countering with ā€˜not all salespeople will milk the aged female for every nickel she has down to the last of the bus fareā€™, sometimes she donā€™t ā€˜needā€™ that extra expensive service plan that costs more than the vcr itself. It becomes a problem when the quota becomes the driving force and not the needs of the customer.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I had friend that was a car salesman and his personel license plate was
"NO 1 WALKS".
He never wanted to lose a sale.

I have bought 68 new vehicles and none of the sales folks remained friends after the sale.
Just saying.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Costco does offer a discount for cars. I used it.
Sponsored