• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Order Time Analysis + Appeal to the Kind Folks whose Cars Have Arrived

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Convertible, 21 Explorer ST
It's a great idea to have the S650 Mustang Orders List & Stats thread but I've been thinking about how to make it more useful for answering the question that most people here really want answered: "WHEN WILL I GET MY CAR?"

Here's where I'm at so far:
  • As of today, the sheet is tracking 378 orders
    • Of these, 85 orders (22%) have a valid Estimated delivery date or Actual Delivery date
    • The average days from order to estimated or actual delivery is 137.8 (about 4 and half months)
    • The max days in this subset is 274 or about 9 months
    • If I count the max 274 days back from today, that should *roughly* let me find the ordering date before which most orders should have arrived by now. This works out to May 22nd, 2023.
    • If I filter out orders after May 22nd and also exclude orders for Dark Horse Performance Package (notoriously slow to get these), I count 41 orders, of which only 22 (54%) have a valid delivery date
      • From this I'm inferring that at least 46% of the folks who receive their orders forget to update their order info!
Now - I totally get that on delivery day, one has more important things to do than to update a spreadsheet. Heck, I don’t plan to.

But as one of the many members still waiting who'd really like to know roughly in which month to expect my car, I can only ask the lucky ones who've received their cars to please update the sheet the next time they're on this forum.

Why?
Because more complete data would let us look, for instance, at average ship times from Flat Rock to a particular state or province. Or correlate certain option choices to longer wait times, etc. At least give us an illusion of knowing what's going on, for gosh sake.

Does a beautiful S650 grace your driveway? Do you remember the pain and anxiety of waiting for your car, and how you just couldn't get good answers about when you'd finally have it? You know the struggle is real! Remember, you can help lessen the suffering for others. I hope y'all will find it in your heart to share your build and delivery dates when you have a moment.

Thank you so very much. :please:
(And big thanks as well to everyone who has already shared their dates!)

Other suggestions to the site admins, for what it's worth:
  • Maybe one of the site sponsors could support a monthly draw for some swag, where anyone who updated the sheet gets an entry.
  • The chart that I'd really like to see at the top is average order wait time (order to delivery) preferably with a filter by location. Build-to-delivery would be good too.
  • It would be cool if there were a link to a read-only version of the actual Google Sheet in a mode that lets one slice and dice the data differently than the canned charts in the thread. I copied and pasted into Excel so I could crunch the numbers, which was messy.
  • The form could benefit from some validation on dates (i.e. not allowing future dates in the "actual" fields, or years like 0023) to clean up the data
  • Conditional validation would help too, if folks care about stats on what's getting ordered (i.e. you can't have an Ecoboost with the Dark Horse package)
  • The form could ask for the VIN if it'll be used to validate the other data about the car, but I don't see the benefit of publishing VINs publicly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
It's a great idea to have the S650 Mustang Orders List & Stats thread but I've been thinking about how to make it more useful for answering the question that most people here really want answered: "WHEN WILL I GET MY CAR?"

Here's where I'm at so far:
  • As of today, the sheet is tracking 378 orders
    • Of these, 85 orders (22%) have a valid Estimated delivery date or Actual Delivery date
    • The average days from order to estimated or actual delivery is 137.8 (about 4 and half months)
    • The max days in this subset is 274 or about 9 months
    • If I count the max 274 days back from today, that should *roughly* let me find the ordering date before which most orders should have arrived by now. This works out to May 22nd, 2023.
    • If I filter out orders after May 22nd and also exclude orders for Dark Horse Performance Package (notoriously slow to get these), I count 41 orders, of which only 22 (54%) have a valid delivery date
      • From this I'm inferring that at least 46% of the folks who receive their orders forget to update their order info!
Now - I totally get that on delivery day, one has more important things to do than to update a spreadsheet. Heck, I wouldn't.

But as one of the many members still waiting who'd really like to know roughly in which month to expect my car, I can only ask the lucky ones who've received their cars to please update the sheet the next time they're on this forum.

Why?
Because more complete data would let us look, for instance, at average ship times from Flat Rock to a particular state or province. Or correlate certain option choices to longer wait times, etc. At least give us an illusion of knowing what's going on, for gosh sake.

Does a beautiful S650 grace your driveway? Do you remember the pain and anxiety of waiting for your car, and how you just couldn't get good answers about when you'd finally have it? You know the struggle is real! Remember, you can help lessen the suffering for others. I hope y'all will find it in your heart to share your build and delivery dates when you have a moment.

Thank you so very much. :please:
(And big thanks as well to everyone who has already shared their dates!)

Other suggestions to the site admins, for what it's worth:
  • Maybe one of the site sponsors could do a monthly draw for some swag, where anyone who updated the sheet gets an entry.
  • The chart that I'd really like to see at the top is average order wait time (order to delivery) preferably with a filter by location. Build-to-delivery would be good too.
  • It would be cool if there were a link to a read-only version of the actual Google Sheet in a mode that lets one slice and dice the data differently than the canned charts in the thread. I copied and pasted into Excel so I could crunch the numbers, which was messy.
  • The form could benefit from some validation on dates (i.e. not allowing future dates in the "actual" fields, or years like 0023) to clean up the data
  • Conditional validation would help too, if folks care about stats on what's getting ordered (i.e. you can't have an Ecoboost with the Dark Horse package)
  • The form could ask for the VIN if it'll be used to validate the other data about the car, but I don't see the benefit of publishing VINs publicly.
I understand your frustration.
From my research, much also depends on what options have been ordered. I have seen at least 4 vehicles scheduled before mine that were also ordered AFTER mine! That got my attention. I started digging and found that two of the four orders were identical to mine except for paint color and color of seats. Therefore, I still do not have a clear understanding of how priorities are established. My vehicle was scheduled last Thursday along with a slew of other GTs. However, my build date is six weeks out (April 1) from the schedule date. If my vehicle is built on April 1st (I Hope NOT), that will put me at 117 days since order.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I ordered mine in early April last year and it was built in June. However, it didn't actually arrive until early October. I think this was more or less the way things were at the time.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine in early April last year and it was built in June. However, it didn't actually arrive until early October. I think this was more or less the way things were at the time.
That's a very long time from built to delivered. What happened?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Order your car then get on with life. It will show up. No need to consume your life or time counting days on a calendar. It will get here.

I know this because I have bought or leased 18 new vehicles since 2002, a good number of them being ordered (including Mustangs and F-Series trucks).

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order your car then get on with life. It will show up. No need to consume your life or time counting days on a calendar. It will get here.

I know this because I have bought or leased 18 new vehicles since 2002, a good number of them being ordered (including Mustangs and F-Series trucks).
You have more experience than some of us. This is my second ordered vehicle. My first was a 1966 Mustang.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have more experience than some of us. This is my second ordered vehicle. My first was a 1966 Mustang.
My dad bought a 1964.5 Mustang right after he and my mom got married and my brother was on the way (he's older). The shame is, he traded in a 1961 Corvette. :)

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Order your car then get on with life. It will show up. No need to consume your life or time counting days on a calendar.
come on now, unbridled anxiety and navel-gazing worry worts are what keep the post-count increasing and innumerable threads (and the all important ad views) getting spawned.
:)

There was a thread on 6G that had charts and graphs showing the evolving wait time of a Mach1 order.

My dad bought a 1964.5 Mustang right after he and my mom got married and my brother was on the way (he's older). The shame is, he traded in a 1961 Corvette. :)
Good luck getting a car seat into a modern 'stang...

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
come on now, unbridled anxiety and navel-gazing worry worts are what keep the post-count increasing and innumerable threads (and the all important ad views) getting spawned.
LOL

There was a thread on 6G that had charts and graphs showing the evolving wait time of a Mach1 order.
Back when I ordered a 2015 F150, I was giving folks play-by-play when their truck would be hitting trim/chassis/final. My company manufactures a major component for roughly 80% of all North American market Ford and Lincoln vehicles. I actually walked the line @ Dearborn Truck Plant for about 4 hours alongside my truck from the time it came out of paint until with was almost done on the final line. Pretty cool experience.

Good luck getting a car seat into a modern 'stang...
Well, my youngest (of 6) is old enough to buy alcohol, so I don't need to worry about that. :)

OP
OP
MidLifeManifustang

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Convertible, 21 Explorer ST
Words to live by. :like:

That said, if more folks like yourself choose to generously share the dates through that order tracking form, it might form a better basis for prospective buyers to decide whether they want to factory order, or buy something in stock. Maybe also help those who did factory order decide when to start ordering their mods!

This is a better reason than any I’ve given so far.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Words to live by. :like:

That said, if more folks like yourself choose to generously share the dates through that order tracking form, it might form a better basis for prospective buyers to decide whether they want to factory order, or buy something in stock. Maybe also help those who did factory order decide when to start ordering their mods!
There are far too many variables involved to accurately predict anything, even from week to week. I'm in IT (director level today) and have ONLY supported automotive manufacturing plants for nearly my entire career (1989 to present), with the vast majority of that being Ford Motor Company.

I did submit my order info. I'll keep it updated (if I remember). No big deal to me. :)

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
I'm in IT (director level today) and have ONLY supported automotive manufacturing plants for nearly my entire career (1989 to present), with the vast majority of that being Ford Motor Company.
Aha! So we have "you" to blame for Sync? :) :) :)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
That's a very long time from built to delivered. What happened?
Well it was around when they opened orders for the S650, so I figured it would be a long wait. I remember they were also sitting outside the factory for a couple months last summer. Someone told me it had to do with QC. Another told me it was installing AM radio. Honestly not sure though but the wait didn't bother me.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it was around when they opened orders for the S650, so I figured it would be a long wait. I remember they were also sitting outside the factory for a couple months last summer. Someone told me it had to do with QC. Another told me it was installing AM radio. Honestly not sure though but the wait didn't bother me.
You have more patience than I.
Sponsored