• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What kind of pricing have you guys been offered if anything yet?

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
By the way, if there is an actual reason to point to for the markups (other than just straight up greed on the part of the dealerships), it's the clowns who turn around and sell their cars after taking delivery to make a profit. Not to mention the other clowns who place multiple orders at various dealerships and sell them all, maybe keeping one for themselves.
Sponsored

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
By the way, if there is an actual reason to point to for the markups (other than just straight up greed on the part of the dealerships), it's the clowns who turn around and sell their cars after taking delivery to make a profit. Not to mention the other clowns who place multiple orders at various dealerships and sell them all, maybe keeping one for themselves.
So I am too lazy to buy and sell cars for a profit. But have you ever bought a stock and sold it for a profit? Isn't it kind of the same thing? As far as the ADM, you can see why they charge it right here on this forum. If people are willing to pay $7k ADM rather than working the phone to find it cheaper, where is the dealer's motivation not to charge ADM?

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. I’m willing to pay $7K ADM if none of the dealers around me are offering less. Personally I considered buying out of state, but it wasn’t an attractive option for me. Not when I have the ability to easily afford the markup.

No I’ve never bought a stock car to sell for profit. And yes you’re right it is the same thing.

If the dealer can see a history of a car (or similar cars) selling for more than MSRP, then they are gonna try to get in on that. Otherwise they are leaving money on the table. Car buyers do the same thing. They try to get the best deal possible, otherwise they are leaving money on the table.

I don’t see a whole lot wrong with dealers charging markup. The market does what it does. Dealers will charge whatever they think people are willing to pay. When they see people flipping their brand new cars for $7K, $15K, $30K, IMHO the dealers are justified in raising prices. I would do the same thing in their shoes.

So I am too lazy to buy and sell cars for a profit. But have you ever bought a stock and sold it for a profit? Isn't it kind of the same thing? As far as the ADM, you can see why they charge it right here on this forum. If people are willing to pay $7k ADM rather than working the phone to find it cheaper, where is the dealer's motivation not to charge ADM?

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
Yep. I’m willing to pay $7K ADM if none of the dealers around me are offering less. Personally I considered buying out of state, but it wasn’t an attractive option for me. Not when I have the ability to easily afford the markup.

No I’ve never bought a stock car to sell for profit. And yes you’re right it is the same thing.
I meant a stock, a security. Basically was just trying to draw a comparison that people buy and sell things everyday for a profit. I thought your initial post was indicating you didnt think it was right to do that with cars.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was matching the energy of people who are against others buying at over MSRP. So I meant it to come across as if I was against it. But my honest opinion is that I understand both sides (buyer and seller).

But yea I totally misunderstood what you meant by stock.

I meant a stock, a security. Basically was just trying to draw a comparison that people buy and sell things everyday for a profit. I thought your initial post was indicating you didnt think it was right to do that with cars.

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP, 21 Bronco Wildtrak, 20 Ranger
Got $3000 below MSRP ($71k build) (GT Premium, 401A, PP, Recaro's, Mag Ride, Active exhaust, 10A). Long term relationship with dealership, and they price matched our 2023 order that eventually got cancelled in Feb by Ford due to S550 production ending early.

Poppyred65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965, 1967, 1970, 1986 mustangs
It doesn’t bother me if people buy them to make a quick profit. If they don’t do it someone else or the dealer will.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
GT Premium convertible at invoice
git yourself an X-plan code thru your employer or MCA. Or look for existing plan member. There's a few of us around these parts.

I didn't see a ADM Hall of Shame thread so I'll just mention that Ted Britt of Fairfax is currently (3/30) attempting to gather unto itself a nice $20,000 per DH order. What is that 2 bundles of 100 bills? That might make some people think... Bring it into the dealership in a briefcase.

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
I didn't see a ADM Hall of Shame thread so I'll just mention that Ted Britt of Fairfax is currently (3/30) attempting to gather unto itself a nice $20,000 per DH order.
Bommarito Ford St Louis wants $10k ADM. Was in there having warranty work and a salesman I know told me that like it was a good thing. I was like, seriously I can rattle off 2 or 3 dealers in town not charging over MSRP.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Long McArthur (YouTube channel Ford Video Guy works there if you’ve heard of him) is doing 30K markup with 10K deposit for Dark Horse.

Bommarito Ford St Louis wants $10k ADM. Was in there having warranty work and a salesman I know told me that like it was a good thing. I was like, seriously I can rattle off 2 or 3 dealers in town not charging over MSRP.

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I live in St.Louis too if you are from this area. I contacted Dave Sinclair, Bo on Manchester Road, Reuther in the Arnold / Festus area & Sunset Ford. Reuther didn't "want to bid for my business" and then sent a follow up asking how my experience was lol.. Dave Sinclair said $20K over on a Dark Horse and didn't want to do any wheeling and dealing. Just told me they would match a written offer. I would just buy it from wherever else before bringing the written offer back because that would just be more work. Bo told me $1500 under MSRP on a GT and MSRP on a Dark Horse. Sunset offered invoice on a GT and that is what I was in the market for so I went with Sunset Ford as invoice was better than $1500 under MSRP. Sunset was also the first to contact me when the order banks opened.

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
I live in St.Louis too if you are from this area. I contacted Dave Sinclair, Bo on Manchester Road, Reuther in the Arnold / Festus area & Sunset Ford. Reuther didn't "want to bid for my business" and then sent a follow up asking how my experience was lol.. Dave Sinclair said $20K over on a Dark Horse and didn't want to do any wheeling and dealing. Just told me they would match a written offer. I would just buy it from wherever else before bringing the written offer back because that would just be more work. Bo told me $1500 under MSRP on a GT and MSRP on a Dark Horse. Sunset offered invoice on a GT and that is what I was in the market for so I went with Sunset Ford as invoice was better than $1500 under MSRP. Sunset was also the first to contact me when the order banks opened.
Sunset must have gotten hurt with doing ADMs the last few years and backed off. That or they arent expecting demand for these things. When I bought my S550 GT they were one of the few in the area charging ADMs on those. Needless to say, I went elsewhere.

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Sunset must have gotten hurt with doing ADMs the last few years and backed off. That or they arent expecting demand for these things. When I bought my S550 GT they were one of the few in the area charging ADMs on those. Needless to say, I went elsewhere.
Yea, this is my first go around ordering a new Ford so I'm not sure what was going on in the past. They had me come in at 6pm the day order banks opened and told me they sold like 10 Broncos that day but I was the first Mustang. My only gripe with them was they put my email in wrong so I got my order confirmation from Ford the next day instead of same day after I put two & two together when everyone else on the forum was indicating they got confirmation emails directly from Ford within 30 minutes of ordering. They fixed it quickly once I pointed it out the next day.

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
Yea, this is my first go around ordering a new Ford so I'm not sure what was going on in the past. They had me come in at 6pm the day order banks opened and told me they sold like 10 Broncos that day but I was the first Mustang. My only gripe with them was they put my email in wrong so I got my order confirmation from Ford the next day instead of same day after I put two & two together when everyone else on the forum was indicating they got confirmation emails directly from Ford within 30 minutes of ordering. They fixed it quickly once I pointed it out the next day.
They used to be the local SVT/FP Dealer and I think they may still have some techs from those days on staff, so could be a good place to get work done. Just an FYI.
Sponsored