• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Order Error?

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I just received my VIN this morning, and upon logging in to check the status online, the accessories show “Black with White Logo Brake Calipers.” My order is supposed to have red calipers. I’ve reached out to my dealer and they are checking into it. In the mean time, here is what I’m trying to find out:

1. Is it possible the order with Ford actually has the red calipers, but the online status is just incorrect?

2. If the build was entered by the dealer with the wrong calipers, is it possible to change the caliper color after the VIN has been assigned? If it’s possible to change, does this affect the build week?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Always good to double-check with the dealer. But yes, I'd go with #1.

While monitoring my build in '22, I experienced something similar. I logged in at some point and it was much like Ford's configurator: riddled with errors.

I remember one option was not listed. Actually, several. One item was listed, twice. That kind of thing.

I'd definitely go by dealer feedback and in-hand order before trusting the summary page on-line.

IDK about #2. I was always told once the VIN was cut, the order was locked. But others here have said they've been able to change at least some things, after VIN publication.

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Always good to double-check with the dealer. But yes, I'd go with #1.

While monitoring my build in '22, I experienced something similar. I logged in at some point and it was much like Ford's configurator: riddled with errors.

I remember one option was not listed. Actually, several. One item was listed, twice. That kind of thing.

I'd definitely go by dealer feedback and in-hand order before trusting the summary page on-line.

IDK about #2. I was always told once the VIN was cut, the order was locked. But others here have said they've been able to change at least some things, after VIN publication.
Thanks. The errors with the builder make me think it could just be an error with their status system. Hopefully that is the case.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine also says Black with White Logo even though I ordered the red

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine also says Black with White Logo even though I ordered the red
Thank you. That makes me feel better about it just being an error in Ford’s system.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I can’t even get the tracker to load or recognize my VIN/order number, so consider yourself lucky you can get that far lol

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine accurately reflects blue with white logo calipers in the tracker. I'd make sure the dealer entered it correctly.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I had the same problem. I'm pretty sure the tracker is correct. My dealer acknowledged they entered it wrong and fixed the order after I had the VIN, and the tracker now shows it correctly. No other change to my scheduling or VIN happened.

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Even if your dealership ordered it wrong, it can be charged, you change whatever until it goes into production without pushing your production back. Unless there is restance on whatever you want to change.

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same problem. I'm pretty sure the tracker is correct. My dealer acknowledged they entered it wrong and fixed the order after I had the VIN, and the tracker now shows it correctly. No other change to my scheduling or VIN happened.
Even if your dealership ordered it wrong, it can be charged, you change whatever until it goes into production without pushing your production back. Unless there is restance on whatever you want to change.
Thanks for the replies. I got a response from the dealer and they confirmed it was an error on their part when inputting the order. They said they could not modify the order yet, but should be able to by Friday or Monday. Thanks for the replies.

Arlencito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
I just received my VIN this morning, and upon logging in to check the status online, the accessories show “Black with White Logo Brake Calipers.” My order is supposed to have red calipers. I’ve reached out to my dealer and they are checking into it. In the mean time, here is what I’m trying to find out:

1. Is it possible the order with Ford actually has the red calipers, but the online status is just incorrect?

2. If the build was entered by the dealer with the wrong calipers, is it possible to change the caliper color after the VIN has been assigned? If it’s possible to change, does this affect the build week?
when i ordered my i did it with red calipers but was shipped with black and i did not check the online options.
Sponsored