• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Order questions

Mocansat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
I have wanted a Mustang since I was 14 yrs old. Now that I'm 45 I finally have the means. Live in Alaska so I went to one of the only 2 dealers and ordered a GT Premium w/ performance package, magneride, and active valve exhaust. My dealer made it sound like there is a very likely chance that Ford won't build my order. Something to do about constraints. Never ordered a car before so not very familiar with the process. Order was placed on 7/9 received the confirmation email same day. Does this sound right to anyone else, basically was I too late to the game and miss my chance to order my dream car. I appreciate any input. Just want to know if I'll be waiting for months to find out they won't build my car.
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I don't think there is any circumstance where they would just not fulfill a confirmed order, maybe he meant it could end up being a model year 25 by the time it gets built

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Welcome to the Forums. :clap:

There are some packages and options which are currently "constrained", the GT Performance Package being one.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...tion-key-commodity-constraints-7-3-23.157317/

Above is a thread listing constrained items, as of 03 July, offered by @Newface :like:

The process you've followed is going as it should: Order in. Acknowledgement received.

Regarding the dealer's comments of not being built, that is a possibility. As the thread above shows, roughly 50% of the existing orders for the GT PP cannot be built, as of 03 July.

Ford and other manufacturers have been struggling with parts and logistics for the last several years. Unfortunately, this continues.

As time proceeds, you'll be receiving e-mails from Ford and maybe the dealer for status.

The next significant e-mail will occur when the car is scheduled for production and the gifting of a vehicle VIN. This could happen next week, or in a few months. The selection process can be quite random, with some being picked up quickly and others waiting for some time.

Before being scheduled for production, you could also receive an e-mail acknowledging the order, which is still waiting to be scheduled; the "wait" e-mails :headbang: occur about every 45 days. Don't be surprised if you hear nothing at all for extended periods; this is normal.

If Ford cannot build your spec, the order will be effectively cancelled. Production for this Model Year will end on/about October...(edit: 2024. See clarification below)...

Ford's worked through issues like this before, working limited schedules, constrained conditions, etc. Then, things break free and they start cranking them out like crazy. Still a few months to go. :please:

If things don't work out this year, you can later order for the next MY or confirm with the dealer the order is rolled into the next MY. That's little comfort for someone ordering and waiting. Others here are with you. If this happens, hopefully, the dealer can empathize and give you $ or incentive.

In the mean time, you picked a great place to hang out and study up on what's going on. :fistbump:

Last edited:

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
If Ford cannot build your spec, the order will be effectively cancelled. Production for this Model Year will end on/about October.
...of 2024, not 2023, right? Most likely any order received now will be built, and there's a decent chance it will still be this year.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT

There are some packages and options which are currently "constrained", the GT Performance Package being one.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...tion-key-commodity-constraints-7-3-23.157317/

Above is a thread listing constrained items, as of 03 July, offered by @Newface :like:

The process you've followed is going as it should: Order in. Acknowledgement received.

Regarding the dealer's comments of not being built, that is a possibility. As the thread above shows, roughly 50% of the existing orders for the GT PP cannot be built, as of 03 July.

Ford and other manufacturers have been struggling with parts and logistics for the last several years. Unfortunately, this continues.

As time proceeds, you'll be receiving e-mails from Ford and maybe the dealer for status.

The next significant e-mail will occur when the car is scheduled for production and the gifting of a vehicle VIN. This could happen next week, or in a few months. The selection process can be quite random, with some being picked up quickly and others waiting for some time.

Before being scheduled for production, you could also receive an e-mail acknowledging the order, which is still waiting to be scheduled; the "wait" e-mails :headbang: occur about every 45 days. Don't be surprised if you hear nothing at all for extended periods; this is normal.

If Ford cannot build your spec, the order will be effectively cancelled. Production for this Model Year will end on/about October. I can't speak to if the order would automatically be rolled into the next MY or not. Clients can continue to work with their dealers to ensure an order is in for the next MY.

Ford's worked through issues like this before, working limited schedules, constrained conditions, etc. Then, things break free and they start cranking them out like crazy. Still a few months to go. :please:

If things don't work out this year, you can later order for the next MY or confirm with the dealer the order is rolled into the next MY. That's little comfort for someone ordering and waiting. Others here are with you. If this happens, hopefully, the dealer can empathize and give you $ or incentive.

In the mean time, you picked a great place to hang out and study up on what's going on. :fistbump:

The only thing I would clarify, Ford has stated that 2024 will be an extended production run. So we’re talking probably October of 24 before it ends.

Also, generally orders don’t actually automatically roll. Even if the customer is not aware, the dealer has to resubmit the order and you will be subject to any price increase. There have been exceptions, like in the case of the first year of the Bronco, where Ford did roll orders automatically.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Mocansat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350

If Ford cannot build your spec, the order will be effectively cancelled. Production for this Model Year will end on/about October. I can't speak to if the order would automatically be rolled into the next MY or not. Clients can continue to work with their dealers to ensure an order is in for the next MY.

Thanks for all the info
...of 2024, not 2023, right? Most likely any order received now will be built, and there's a decent chance it will still be this year.
Yes this is for a 2024. I'm fine waiting for the car, just anxious to find out it will be built lol.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
...of 2024, not 2023, right?
Ford has stated that 2024 will be an extended production run. So we’re talking probably October of 24 before it ends.
I can see that, yes. It'd get everything back in-sync. :thumbsup: Thanks for the clarification. I fixed my post.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt & 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Ford has said the 2024 mustang will have an 18 month production run. If that starts when they give the OK2BUY or when production actually started, who knows.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have wanted a Mustang since I was 14 yrs old. Now that I'm 45 I finally have the means. Live in Alaska so I went to one of the only 2 dealers and ordered a GT Premium w/ performance package, magneride, and active valve exhaust. My dealer made it sound like there is a very likely chance that Ford won't build my order. Something to do about constraints. Never ordered a car before so not very familiar with the process. Order was placed on 7/9 received the confirmation email same day. Does this sound right to anyone else, basically was I too late to the game and miss my chance to order my dream car. I appreciate any input. Just want to know if I'll be waiting for months to find out they won't build my car.
If you received the order confirmation from Ford, then your order has been placed and it is now in the Ford system, in queue to be scheduled and built. Constraints are just going to be any delays on parts, as mine is due to Nite Pony Black Roof panel shortages. Looks like you will be getting your dream car, probably just going to take awhile... congrats!

OP
OP

Mocansat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
If you received the order confirmation from Ford, then your order has been placed and it is now in the Ford system, in queue to be scheduled and built. Constraints are just going to be any delays on parts, as mine is due to Nite Pony Black Roof panel shortages. Looks like you will be getting your dream car, probably just going to take awhile... congrats!
I intended on ordering with the Nite Pony as well, but dealer basically said that would leave me with like 8% chance of getting it built or I misunderstood what he meant. So I went ahead and dropped it off. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored