• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Convertible order?

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Has anyone ordered the convertible? Tried and failed at 10 am EST 3-27-23.
Sponsored

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Update: I was able to order the GT Premium convertible at 4:18 EST. It's on the way!
By going to the dealer? Were you able to configure it online? My dealer is highly confused what to do being it isn't showing in the configurator. My thought was to order a coupe now and amend later but I'm not sure. This is my first time.

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes dealer ordered. I used the pricing and order guide found on this forum. The ford website does nit show the convertible, but I did order it today.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Couldn’t do anything on the website but my dealer was able to push a convertible order through in person with whatever program they use.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Still waiting for it to show up on the build site....

The one I'm ordering is pretty basic so I doubt I will have too much trouble getting one ordered when the website gets updated. GT Premium with 401A package and Active Exhaust.

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting for it to show up on the build site....

The one I'm ordering is pretty basic so I doubt I will have too much trouble getting one ordered when the website gets updated. GT Premium with 401A package and Active Exhaust.
I say why wait? There's already a lot of orders ahead of you from what I see for posted DORA's on this forum. I am using X-Plan pricing through Mustang Club of America. Worst case MSRP, but not MSRP + a penny more.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I say why wait? There's already a lot of orders ahead of you from what I see for posted DORA's on this forum. I am using X-Plan pricing through Mustang Club of America. Worst case MSRP, but not MSRP + a penny more.
I'm new to this world. Can you explain X-Plan pricing to me and how I put in the order? Thank you

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm new to this world. Can you explain X-Plan pricing to me and how I put in the order? Thank you
How patient are you?

Anyone can join Mustang Club of America. After you have been a dues-paying member for 90 days, you can apply for a PIN for X-Plan. X-Plan is a friends-and-family plan offered by Ford. If you have a participating dealer AND a vehicle that qualifies, you will pay Invoice - 0.4% plus a $250 program fee. It'll save you a few bucks over MSRP. Don't bother with Dark Horse, I can already tell you it does not qualify for any promotional pricing. My local dealer is charging MSRP + $20k! My dealer thinks the GT will qualify for X-Plan, but I don't know yet.

You cannot build a convertible online as of 3/27/23, but your local dealer can using their back-end software. You can find the order guide on this forum or just build a fastback and tell your dealer the options you want like Magneride or Recaro seats.

I hope that helps!

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How patient are you?

Anyone can join Mustang Club of America. After you have been a dues-paying member for 90 days, you can apply for a PIN for X-Plan. X-Plan is a friends-and-family plan offered by Ford. If you have a participating dealer AND a vehicle that qualifies, you will pay Invoice - 0.4% plus a $250 program fee. It'll save you a few bucks over MSRP. Don't bother with Dark Horse, I can already tell you it does not qualify for any promotional pricing. My local dealer is charging MSRP + $20k! My dealer thinks the GT will qualify for X-Plan, but I don't know yet.

You cannot build a convertible online as of 3/27/23, but your local dealer can using their back-end software. You can find the order guide on this forum or just build a fastback and tell your dealer the options you want like Magneride or Recaro seats.

I hope that helps!
Ha! Thanks. I'll just go the regular route at this point. OK I may contact my dealer or wait it out.
Sponsored