• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Opinions or knowledge of PPF and Ceramic Coatings

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
All good info., helping me move past my procrastination.
One final question: I see most of the Foam Cannons attached to Pressure Washer Systems. Is this the most preferred route vs. garden hose attachment?
There are two terminologies used here -

Foam Gun - typically used to describe a low pressure/garden hose driven foamer. These produce watery "foam", basically soapy water. Certainly a workable solution, but I wouldn't call it foam.

Adam's Polishes Standard Foam Gun | Best Foam Gun For Car Soap Shampoo (adamspolishes.com)

Foam Cannon - these must be driven by a pressure washer, you need the pressure to draw soap from the cannister and force it through a filter/aerator. You will get anything from thin watery foam right through to thick, shaving cream-like foam depending on the soap and foam cannon settings. (Below are the two benchmarks)

THE BOSSℱ Foam Cannon | Ultimate Foam Delivery - Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com)
MTM PF22.2 Foam Cannon | Car Supplies Warehouse – Car Supplies Warehouse

Considering the idea of foam is to cling to the paint and provide lubrication or break down contamination, then only a pressure washer driven foam cannon will do that. When you buy the foam cannon, you may or may not need the appropriate fitting to connect the cannon to the gun.
Sponsored

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
There are two terminologies used here -

Foam Gun - typically used to describe a low pressure/garden hose driven foamer. These produce watery "foam", basically soapy water. Certainly a workable solution, but I wouldn't call it foam.

Adam's Polishes Standard Foam Gun | Best Foam Gun For Car Soap Shampoo (adamspolishes.com)

Foam Cannon - these must be driven by a pressure washer, you need the pressure to draw soap from the cannister and force it through a filter/aerator. You will get anything from thin watery foam right through to thick, shaving cream-like foam depending on the soap and foam cannon settings. (Below are the two benchmarks)

THE BOSSℱ Foam Cannon | Ultimate Foam Delivery - Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com)
MTM PF22.2 Foam Cannon | Car Supplies Warehouse – Car Supplies Warehouse

Considering the idea of foam is to cling to the paint and provide lubrication or break down contamination, then only a pressure washer driven foam cannon will do that. When you buy the foam cannon, you may or may not need the appropriate fitting to connect the cannon to the gun.
I'm just wading into this whole car washing thing as the Mustang is the first nice vehicle I've had in a long time. I have been reading a lot of posts here about keeping the Stang clean and I really appreciate all the posts that you and others have shared here.

I do have a question about the use of foam cannons if one's car isn't ceramic coated. Currently my car isn't ceramic coated and I'm not sure if or when I'll go that route. I most likely will get the wheels ceramic coated at a minimum as I've heard and read that it really helps with the brake dust accumulation, etc. That being said, I would assume a foam cannon is still a good idea to use even if my car isn't ceramic coated correct? I'm not looking to get too far into the weeds on this whole cleaning thing I just want to come up with a simple process to keep her looking nice that doesn't take all day to do (and doesn't break the bank either).

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Your car does NOT have to be ceramic coated in order to benefit from the use of a foam cannon. IMHO, not having it coated might be an argument in favor of it over a non-coated car, as the dirt and debris will 'stick' to that uncoated car more than it will a coated car.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered a pretty cool accessory.

I use my DeWalt 20V MAX cordless blower to dry the DH off after washing. Works great and removes 98% of the water, as the car was recently ceramic coated.

While it works, it is somewhat awkward with the 21" long nozzle.

I happened a across a 4.5" nozzle that is easily swapped out. It also has a silicone 'Blowerband' guard that slips on the end so that, if you happen to accidentally touch the vehicle with the nozzle, it won't scratch.

The much smaller size also makes it take up less space in the trunk. I carry it there, along with a locking container that I use to keep different type of products, a variety of microfiber cloths, and a spare battery for the blower secure and handy.

Also, I saw some videos that show it appears this will work great in the winter for blowing snow off the truck!

I found it at Stubby Nozzle Company. They appear to offer these for a wide variety of cordless blowers. No affiliation or compensation at all.

I did see some similar offerings on Amazon, but I *believe* this one is made in the USA by a small business owner in Georgia, so I didn't mind paying more to BUY AMERICAN.

Size comparison:

S650 Mustang Opinions or knowledge of PPF and Ceramic Coatings 1715214485291-1u

versus this:

S650 Mustang Opinions or knowledge of PPF and Ceramic Coatings 1715214833601-8a

Last edited:

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I just discovered those nozzles in my searching for a cordless blower, I was on the fence about getting a blower to begin with but these changed my mind.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I do have a question about the use of foam cannons if one's car isn't ceramic coated. Currently my car isn't ceramic coated and I'm not sure if or when I'll go that route. I most likely will get the wheels ceramic coated at a minimum as I've heard and read that it really helps with the brake dust accumulation, etc. That being said, I would assume a foam cannon is still a good idea to use even if my car isn't ceramic coated correct? I'm not looking to get too far into the weeds on this whole cleaning thing I just want to come up with a simple process to keep her looking nice that doesn't take all day to do (and doesn't break the bank either).
Correct, a foam cannon can be used on any form of paint protection, as mentioned, it will be even more beneficial on a non-ceramic coated car.

As for not getting stuck in the weeds, have a read of this thread, it has everything you need, without going overboard -
Beginner’s Buying Guide: Washing & Detailing Essentials List | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Dark Horse, GT, EcoBoost, GT500, GT350, Mach 1)

And don't rush into a ceramic coating if you are not ready for one. A wax or sealant has its own visual charm, especially on solid colors like Race Red or Oxford White. The only thing is, you need to apply it more often.

Wheels on the other hand, I think its essential! No other surface of your car is subjected to as much nastiness than wheels. Coated, you make cleaning far easier. In my opinion, THE BEST wheel coating you can by is from Armour Detail Supply. It's slick, hyper hydrophobic and extremely durable.

Armour Wheel Coating – Armour Detail Supply

I have a write up on the product here -
Armour Detail Supply Wheel Coating Review | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Just ordered a pretty cool accessory.

I use my DeWalt 20V MAX cordless blower to dry the DH off after washing. Works great and removes 98% of the water, as the car was recently ceramic coated.

While it works, it is somewhat awkward with the 21" long nozzle.

I happened a across a 4.5" nozzle that is easily swapped out. It also has a silicone 'Blowerband' guard that slips on the end so that, if you happen to accidentally touch the vehicle with the nozzle, it won't scratch.

The much smaller size also makes it take up less space in the trunk. I carry it there, along with a locking container that I use to keep different type of products, a variety of microfiber cloths, and a spare battery for the blower secure and handy.

Also, I saw some videos that show it appears this will work great in the winter for blowing snow off the truck!

I found it at Stubby Nozzle Company. They appear to offer these for a wide variety of cordless blowers. No affiliation or compensation at all.

I did see some similar offerings on Amazon, but I *believe* this one is made in the USA by a small business owner in Georgia, so I didn't mind paying more to BUY AMERICAN.

Size comparison:

1715214485291-1u.png
Roadpilot....you're costing me a lot of money.... but I like the accessories you keep finding....keep it up. Once I saw they had this for my EGO Leaf Blower, well..............

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your car does NOT have to be ceramic coated in order to benefit from the use of a foam cannon. IMHO, not having it coated might be an argument in favor of it over a non-coated car, as the dirt and debris will 'stick' to that uncoated car more than it will a coated car.
I may use the guys you used on your car, but that dude with his big metal zippered Carhartt coat made me cringe a little.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may use the guys you used on your car, but that dude with his big metal zippered Carhartt coat made me cringe a little.
Not that you would be, but do not be shy to tell that to Matt!

Saburak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2021 SOLD, DH BLK BVA RECARO Ordered 😮
Just dropped the DH off at Livingston Auto Spa for decontamination, 1-step paint correction, IGL Kenzo ceramic coat (paint, plastic, and wheels), Glassparency, and Apex ceramic window tint. Can't wait until she gets done!
Was there also ceramic on the vinyl of the hood?
Do you have a photo of the hood and front please?
I also want to do a ceramic treatment only, but I'm wondering about the final look with the vinyl.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Roadpilot....you're costing me a lot of money.... but I like the accessories you keep finding....keep it up. Once I saw they had this for my EGO Leaf Blower, well..............
Well, I'm impressed. This will be great as a workshop blower as well as car dryer....

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was there also ceramic on the vinyl of the hood?
Do you have a photo of the hood and front please?
I also want to do a ceramic treatment only, but I'm wondering about the final look with the vinyl.
Yes, had the IGL Kenzo applied to everything metal, plastic, and the vinyl (on the hood). Looks great! Wheels and brake calipers were done with IGL Ecocoat Wheel. Exterior glass was done with Glassparency.

S650 Mustang Opinions or knowledge of PPF and Ceramic Coatings IMG_8045
S650 Mustang Opinions or knowledge of PPF and Ceramic Coatings IMG_8048

Saburak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2021 SOLD, DH BLK BVA RECARO Ordered 😮
Oui, l'IGL Kenzo a Ă©tĂ© appliquĂ© sur tout le mĂ©tal, le plastique et le vinyle (sur le capot). Ça a l'air gĂ©nial! Les roues et les Ă©triers de frein ont Ă©tĂ© rĂ©alisĂ©s avec IGL Ecocoat Wheel. Le verre extĂ©rieur a Ă©tĂ© rĂ©alisĂ© avec Glassparency.

IMG_8045.jpg
IMG_8048.jpg
Beautiful, I will ask them to do the same. Thanks

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
@roadpilot --that cordless blower sure looks handy!

I use a McKee's 37 blower (corded/long *** hose and a "unique" nozzle. I added in a 3 ft tube extension from my ancient Craftsman shop vac so I can reach across a good chunk of the Mustang.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@roadpilot --that cordless blower sure looks handy!
I keep it in the trunk, along with various microfiber drying and miscellaneous towels, a few spray bottles of stuff, and a couple of batteries, in one of these. Keeps everything nice and secure, and available no matter where I'm at (e.g., stopping at a wand car wash for a quick spray down).

S650 Mustang Opinions or knowledge of PPF and Ceramic Coatings 1715956232629-8
Sponsored