• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Noise from driver seat fan.

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I think that we all need to go to the service departments of our dealerships, show them this thread, and tell them that they need to report it to Ford, because apparently they have no record of this being a problem.
I see a seat recall coming.

Thank you so much for posting this!
While mine is a high pitched whine with ventilation only, and not a ticking with both heat and ventilation, I will definitely reach out to my service department.
Hopefully this will be the fix!
Ours is high pitch too. I thought it was coming from a speaker
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Ours is high pitch too. I thought it was coming from a speaker
What is the proper evaluation procedure? Sit in seat turn vent on high lean back lean forward sit back lean up listen hear feel?

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
What is the proper evaluation procedure? Sit in seat turn vent on high lean back lean forward sit back lean up listen hear feel?
If I sit normal it’ll make the sound slightly. Once I started leaning back into the seat it gets more noticeable until the fan starts slowing down from the pressure I’m applying

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
If I sit normal it’ll make the sound slightly. Once I started leaning back into the seat it gets more noticeable until the fan starts slowing down from the pressure I’m applying
That's exactly what mine does. It's worse on the driver's side. I actually didn't really notice it on the passenger side. It was the dealer's service department that told me that both sides are doing it.

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
That's exactly what mine does. It's worse on the driver's side. I actually didn't really notice it on the passenger side. It was the dealer's service department that told me that both sides are doing it.
Our passenger side doesn’t do it but I’ll have them check it

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I saw that there is a TSB for this now

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
you are right, one was released. SSM 52398, here is the description:
" Some 2024 Mustang vehicles may exhibit a ticking noise coming from the front seats when the heated and cooled seat feature is in use. This may be due to the seat backrest blower motor fan contacting the housing. To correct this condition, replace the front backrest blower motor with the updated version (service part number PU5Z-18D507-B). For claiming, use causal part 18D507 and applicable labor operation in Section 12 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual."
Thank you for posting this information!
I’m at the dealer, and although nothing comes up related to my VIN #, when I gave them the service bulletin number SSM 52398, they were able to look it up and order two replacements for my front seats.
They’ll call me to set up an appointment to install them when the parts come in.

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Thank you for sharing this info. I have the loud noise on the drivers seat when cooling is on.
Sponsored