• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No front tow hook.

Piz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Premium
I live in NY and am required to have a front license plate. I ordered the plate bracket that screws into the front tow hook. When I popped off the tow hook cover from the front bumper, I looked in and there is no threaded front bumper. I have a Premium without the handling package. I was the GM of of Ford dealer, so I callled my Parts Manager and gave him the VIN. He said according to the VIN the car is supposed to have a tow hook front bumper. I then called the Ford Area Service Rep who said he had seen that once before and Ford refused to do anything. Has anyone had a similar issue?
Sponsored

StangMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang
I have GT premium without performance package and i also don't have tow hook thread. I think they only comes with performance package or dark horse.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I have GT premium without performance package and i also don't have tow hook thread. I think they only comes with performance package or dark horse.
Correct per the Option Info.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
I live in NY and am required to have a front license plate. I ordered the plate bracket that screws into the front tow hook. When I popped off the tow hook cover from the front bumper, I looked in and there is no threaded front bumper. I have a Premium without the handling package. I was the GM of of Ford dealer, so I callled my Parts Manager and gave him the VIN. He said according to the VIN the car is supposed to have a tow hook front bumper. I then called the Ford Area Service Rep who said he had seen that once before and Ford refused to do anything. Has anyone had a similar issue?
Maybe you should first tell us what kind of car and package you have.

You said you have a Premium without a handling package. So this means you have a Dark Horse right? Because the handling package is a Dark Horse option.

Reactions: Zig

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The Order Guide (Aug '23) is not much help in clarifying.

Under Standard Equipment for the Dark Horse, tow hooks are referenced.

But they are referenced yet again under the Handling Package option.

For other trims, Tow Hooks are referenced as part of a Performance Package.

At the Ford web site, under build a DH, tow hooks are referenced when selecting the HP.

In CO, people often place the front plate on the dash. It might not be optimum, but it could get you by while you study other options.

- Front plate on dash
- Front plate on interior front windshield, using suction cup bracket
- A Sto-N-Sho like device
- In a pinch, pressed for time: tie-wraps

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...n-for-front-license-plate-no-drilling.158159/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/no-drill-license-plate-holder.158264/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/no-drill-front-plate-mount-questions.157568/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/another-front-plate-bracket-option.158556/

Attachments

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Did it (the car) include the hook but no receiver?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Did it (the car) include the hook but no receiver?
It would seem neither.

The hook is often in the trunk, under the cover for the tire pump.

As to the receiver, a picture of what the bumper should look like.

plate and tow hook 002.jpg

Reactions: Zig

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I have a DH without the HP. I have the tow hook and receiver in the front bumper. Obviously, the DHHP comes with this as well. Finally, I've also read that the GT PP comes with it, but without the PP, you don't get the hook and the receiver is not threaded.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Surely the threaded receiver is on the chassis frame which is the same on every car, so why thread some and not all. That goes against fords one part for all philosophy!

OP
OP

Piz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Premium
My car is a Dark Horse. Like I said, not sure why the VIN would X reference as a tow hook bumper in the parts catalog or why the car came with tow hooks in the truck when I got it.

OP
OP

Piz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Premium
It would seem neither.

The hook is often in the trunk, under the cover for the tire pump.

As to the receiver, a picture of what the bumper should look like.

plate and tow hook 002.jpg
Yeah. No drilled hole on my Dark Horse

OP
OP

Piz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Premium
I have a DH without the HP. I have the tow hook and receiver in the front bumper. Obviously, the DHHP comes with this as well. Finally, I've also read that the GT PP comes with it, but without the PP, you don't get the hook and the receiver is not threaded.
I have a dark horse premium package. No drilled bumper. I mean not a deal breaker but not cool......

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Whats the best way to remove the cover in the bumper for the hook? I keep a plastic trim tool in the trunk. Which side is best to start. If I ever have have towed I don't want some jockey prying with a crowbar.

OP
OP

Piz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Premium
Surely the threaded receiver is on the chassis frame which is the same on every car, so why thread some and not all. That goes against fords one part for all philosophy!
Not really, there is actually a metal bumper that has a tow hook drilled version and a different part number for a non tow hook bumper
Sponsored