• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No front tow hook.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
My point was why make something so fundamental to a car an optional extra!
Why stock two different bumper bars and risk having a mix up when you can have one for all.
I suspect the price difference between the two is around a $1, but the sheer logistics required to have two different parts in the system will add $5 to the cost of every bumper ...

Many years ago i did some work for ford where they wanted one fundamental seat design for every car / truck they made (at the time it was from the fiesta to the land rover) the only difference being the material on top ...

They didn't like our conclusion that they should fit the land rover seat to all vehicles as it clearly didn't fit in all ...

BMW for example fit heated seats to every car they make because it's cheaper to fit every car the same than have a difference. They can then sell the heated seat as a DLC / subscription to the owner at any time.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Whats the best way to remove the cover in the bumper for the hook?
My initial information was wrong. I found the reference in the S650 Manual, printed page 282:

tow.jpg

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Skye... That worked perfectly. Xpel even allowed for it to be removed. The cover is captive also.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
It now makes sense why all UK/EU cars end up being premium packs / performance packs when basic construction and use requirements for our cars are optional extras in the USA!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Front plate on dash is illegal in most states ..so it doesn’t make sense should have just installed tow hook for all models
Doesn't Ford equip or provide a front license plate bracket when vehicles are sold in states that require front license plates? If so, why would they need to provide you with a tow hook?

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My initial information was wrong. I found the reference in the S650 Manual, printed page 282:

tow.jpg
Now my only question is "what is a suitable tool"? I have some plastic panel removal tools, but not sure if one of those will fit in what looks like a very small slot in that picture.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Now my only question is "what is a suitable tool"? I have some plastic panel removal tools, but not sure if one of those will fit in what looks like a very small slot in that picture.
Typically, the answer would be: Anything that is softer than the bumper cover. I use trim tools.
Sponsored