• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No Drill - Front Plate Mount - Questions

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I am looking at some different no drill front plate mounts. Currently no one (understandably) shows a 24 specific mount. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a "universal mount from Craig's custom mustang brackets. It looks identical to the 15-23 model. My only doubt (in my mind) is the sensor on the front lower section of the car and how the plate would typically attach. On a 15-23, it is pretty straight forward and the plate can hang under in that area with no obstructions. On the 24, I feel that would interfere with the sensor. I searched online for pics of a 24 with a front plate mounted and got what I expected. Nothing. All of them have Michigan manufacturer plates and they aren't required to have front plates. That leaves me just guessing. Anyone have an opinion or thoughts on this?

Pipe up and let me know your experience with the different brands as well. And post links to ones I didn't find in my search.

Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets
Sto N Sho
Sly Brackets
Skene Brackets (Called a no drill, but they are just under the bumper)
Torklift Central(The Law)
Sponsored

_J¢_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
I am looking at some different no drill front plate mounts. Currently no one (understandably) shows a 24 specific mount. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a "universal mount from Craig's custom mustang brackets. It looks identical to the 15-23 model. My only doubt (in my mind) is the sensor on the front lower section of the car and how the plate would typically attach. On a 15-23, it is pretty straight forward and the plate can hang under in that area with no obstructions. On the 24, I feel that would interfere with the sensor. I searched online for pics of a 24 with a front plate mounted and got what I expected. Nothing. All of them have Michigan manufacturer plates and they aren't required to have front plates. That leaves me just guessing. Anyone have an opinion or thoughts on this?

Pipe up and let me know your experience with the different brands as well. And post links to ones I didn't find in my search.

Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets
Sto N Sho
Sly Brackets
Skene Brackets (Called a no drill, but they are just under the bumper)
Torklift Central(The Law)
I have been looking at some of these as well, I'm debating between Sto N Sho and Craig's custom brackets. Have heard good things about these in particular.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
What sensor would it be covering up? And why not just move it to the lower section or left or right of the sensor

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
What's wrong with the no-cost option that's included from Ford? I don't think you see much, if any, of it when the front plate is secured. I'm genuinely curious.

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
I think in the lower grille, the center 'square' is the adaptive cruise control sensor/radar.

What sensor would it be covering up? And why not just move it to the lower section or left or right of the sensor

OP
OP
goodlettjr

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
In the center of the bottom grille. I prefer it to be in the center.

S650 Mustang No Drill - Front Plate Mount - Questions 1691180030934

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
If you want to mount it in the middle, you can’t use any of those stowaway ones cause you’ll block the radar. Either 3M tape the Ford mounting bracket or be like everyone else and just don’t mount a plate. It’s illegal in TX to have no front plate and window tint below 35%.
I will be doing both =)

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I feel for you guys! I really hated having plates on the front of my cars when I was stationed in California and Virginia.

I always thought they compley ruined the look of the car. Especially the vintage ones.

And as goodlettjr said, centered is much better, off-center and it really stands out and looks weird.

When I bought my '06 GT. the previous owner had a metal vanity plate (About the same wight as a license plate) on the front, it was attached with heavy duty industrial strength Velcro. It took some effort just to get the Velcro to let go.

I couldn't get it off fast enough, but it was a real bitch to get all of the adhesive off the bumper cover, so it wasn't going any where with out some effort.

So that might be an option.

I was just really glad he hadn't drilled the bumper cover to install it.

Thank God for no front plate in Florida!!!

Good luck all!
S650 Mustang No Drill - Front Plate Mount - Questions 2006 Mustang GT 01 - 08-10-2009.JPG

Last edited:

VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I would wait if I were you. If it is mandatory where you live, your local dealer will have to provide you with one... which will not hide your radar. Also there is no guarantee that the 2023 models are compatible with the s650 bumper.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It’s right here, officer, for some reason the bracket …..

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Canada requires plates front and back. If no bracket in the US why not just put it inside center of windshield.

I would wait if I were you. If it is mandatory where you live, your local dealer will have to provide you with one... which will not hide your radar. Also there is no guarantee that the 2023 models are compatible with the s650 bumper.

OP
OP
goodlettjr

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Canada requires plates front and back. If no bracket in the US why not just put it inside center of windshield.
Texas requires front and back. It is technically illegal to have it in the front windshield here and people do it all the time. Officers are probably more lenient with their discretion of the law (not giving a ticket) than not having it at all.

The car will come with a factory front license plate bracket, but that requires two holes to be drilled. I would just like to not drill holes inviting some corrosion or lack of appeal when I resell it, possibly in a state that doesn't require a front plate.

VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I
I'm from Montreal, Canada...and we don't have license plates on the front of our cars… Fortunately.
Sponsored