• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Got an e-mail this morning about Ford Frontline, and I immediately knew i had to report new Mustang info and pictures to you all.

I don't know how much of this is already known, so forgive me if I state something that is known.

S650 Mustang News and S650 Mustang pictures from Ford Frontline (Dealership Training Brochure) chromeponycolor_sm.93a718af8473

---------------------------------
Engines
they describe the new 2.3L EcoBoost I4 as "Developed for the turbo-focused owner, who appreciates the Pony-inspired horsepower and torque available from EcoBoost", and the 5.0 Coyote as "Introducing an innovative dual air intake box and dual-throttle body design, this engine is all about appealing to those who appreciate the impressive output generated from a naturally aspirated, performance V8" and "Also produces a new level of signature rumble"

Design Customization
in terms of design customization, it seems Ford has abandoned the silver caliper option, as they only list black, red, and grabber blue
the carbon fiber wheels on the Dark Horse have been confirmed to be 19" diameter, but the rest of the wording about them seems like it's wrong, including implying that it comes with the handing package, and that they are 19X9.5" + 19X10" wheels, so that's probably a misprint

Bronze Appearance Package
the official name for the bronze color used is "Sinister Bronze" and it will only be available on 201A, 400A, and 401A, and there's a note that says "See the latest Order Guide for model details regarding wheel and tire sizes, requirements and restrictions." so maybe we're getting that soon!

2.3L High Performance Package
despite how little people actually got this package for the S550, it's still gonna be around, and it will increase the horsepower
here's the highlights they list

FUNCTIONAL
3.55 TORSENĀ® limited-slip rear axle
19-inch x 9-inch Carbonized Gray-painted aluminum wheels
19-inch Bremboā„¢ brake system with performance linings
ā€“ Black-painted with white logo calipers
Black-painted strut-tower brace
Black seat belts (200A only)
Electric Drift Brake
Heavy-duty front springs
Larger brake rotors with 4-piston fixed calipers
Larger radiator
Package-specific tuning ā€” Chassis, EPAS, ABS and stability control
Upsized rear sway bar
Available MagneRideĀ® Damping System, now with Pothole Detection (requires EcoBoost Premium, 200A or 201A)

EXTERIOR
Carbon Black grille
Front tow hook access
Raised wedge decklid spoiler (body-color/fastback only)

INTERIOR
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
ā€“ 4-piece with chrome bezel (200A)
Paddle shifters

GT Performance Package
obviously, this one is sticking around too, and here's the highlights they list

FUNCTIONAL
TORSEN differential (3.73:1 axle ratio [manual]/3.55:1 axle ratio [automatic])
19-inch x 9-inch front/19-inch x 9.5-inch rear Carbonized Gray-painted aluminum wheels
19-inch Brembo brake system with performance linings
ā€“ Black-painted with white logo calipers
Electric Drift Brake
Black-painted strut-tower brace
K-brace
Heavy-duty front springs
Package-specific tuning
ā€“ Chassis, EPAS, ABS and stability control
Upsized rear sway bar
Available MagneRide Damping System, now with Pothole Detection (requires GT Premium, 400A or 401A)

EXTERIOR
Ebony Black-painted grille
Front tow hook access
Performance rear wing (body-color/fastback only)

Driver Assistance
all the new mustangs, including the Dark Horse, will also get all these new driver assistance items

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, Lane Centering and Speed Sign Recognition
Evasive Steering Assist
Reverse Brake Assist
Rear Cross Traffic Braking

sadly, no mention of BlueCruise

Dark Horse
unfortunately, there's not much new Dark Horse news, the only mildly interesting thing is that it will have a lightweight radiator and interior trim in Black Alley instead of chrome, the rest of the wording is a bit confusing and is stuff we already know

Pictures
that's it for the new info, here are all the new pictures i could find, the rest were re-used ones from the ford media site
S650 Mustang News and S650 Mustang pictures from Ford Frontline (Dealership Training Brochure) 1671061894381

S650 Mustang News and S650 Mustang pictures from Ford Frontline (Dealership Training Brochure) 1671061912684

S650 Mustang News and S650 Mustang pictures from Ford Frontline (Dealership Training Brochure) 1671061937578

S650 Mustang News and S650 Mustang pictures from Ford Frontline (Dealership Training Brochure) 1671061954539
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Took me a minute to find (used to random paper copies) - seems like the gates are lifting slowly. I'd guess an order guide might be available in January after all, hopefully before my '23 gets delivered (my main concern is price for the S650...and no Eruption Green). Some other random dumb tid bits:
-Dark Horse gets an exclusive titanium shift ball (lol) and Black Alley interior finish
-Carbon fiber wheels by Carbon Revolution are confirmed-confirmed (19x9.5 FT 19x10 RR)
-Dark Horse also gets lightweight radiator and high flow cooling fans, uses GT500 rods
-S650's dash support structure screen frame on premiums/DH is magnesium...
-S650 design appears to be focused on a Cougar (or what I think is a Cougar - can't grab the image) with it's mouth open - in attack mode?

Not a fan of reverse brake assist, so many dumb issues with it on current cars.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Happy to hear that ā€œallā€ versions are getting Lane Centering. Going to assume even manuals then? So nice on commutes

Fordā€™s LCA was pretty good on the Mach-E I rented. Now Lane Keeping? Meh, donā€™t care for LKA

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
-Carbon fiber wheels by Carbon Revolution are confirmed-confirmed (19x9.5 FT 19x10 RR)
i seriously doubt the CF wheels are going to be 19X9.5 + 19X10, i'm sure whoever typed it out made a mistake, as it makes no sense for the even more track focused wheel to be thinner than the handling package wheel

Happy to hear that ā€œallā€ versions are getting Lane Centering. Going to assume even manuals then? So nice on commutes

Fordā€™s LCA was pretty good on the Mach-E I rented. Now Lane Keeping? Meh, donā€™t care for LKA
i imagine that the manuals will have it, yes, as it only requires moving the wheels and nothing with shifting
i know what you mean, before i got my M1, i got in an accident with my Legacy and had an Explorer Hybrid loaner, and when you're feeling really lazy, adaptive cruise + lane centering is the best

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Took me a minute to find (used to random paper copies) - seems like the gates are lifting slowly. I'd guess an order guide might be available in January after all, hopefully before my '23 gets delivered (my main concern is price for the S650...and no Eruption Green). Some other random dumb tid bits:
-Dark Horse gets an exclusive titanium shift ball (lol) and Black Alley interior finish
-Dark Horse also gets lightweight radiator and high flow cooling fans, uses GT500 rods
-S650's dash support structure screen frame on premiums/DH is magnesium...
-S650 design appears to be focused on a Cougar (or what I think is a Cougar - can't grab the image) with it's mouth open - in attack mode?

Not a fan of reverse brake assist, so many dumb issues with it on current cars.
You should be able to turn off the brake assist function in the settings. This capability exists in Ford/Lincolns that have brake assist currently.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
You should be able to turn off the brake assist function in the settings. This capability exists in Ford/Lincolns that have brake assist currently.
Yeah I'm aware it can be toggled, I have no issue with it's operation actually. Pretty helpful assist, scares the šŸ¤¬ out of you the first time though.

The issue I have is after programming for some recalls or TSB's, it throws a warning message for it - so then you need to drive it to learn steering center again. If that doesn't work...then reprogram more modules! *face palm* Seems like that has been resolved lately though. That's just my pet peeve with it.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I can't get over the twisted toggle rack and center vents - looks so lame.
Looks crooked and doesn't help function much. I think that bugs me the most here.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
I can't get over the twisted toggle rack and center vents - looks so lame.
Looks crooked and doesn't help function much. I think that bugs me the most here.
I think that once you sit in the driver's seat it won't seem crooked to the eye. It will be more 'level'. Then again, I don't care for the entire dash as it is. The whole thing screams 'thrown together'.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I think that once you sit in the driver's seat it won't seem crooked to the eye. It will be more 'level'. Then again, I don't care for the entire dash as it is. The whole thing screams 'thrown together'.
Yeah, I guess the "photo from teh center back seat" doesn't help.

It's goofy though.

FWIW, I like this "new" car - biggest letdown is how little it changed. The 480hp helped a bit.
:)

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
So there is a larger radiator in the Ecoboost. Very interesting. I wonder if the inter cooler is also bigger.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Why do they mention that seat belts are in black? They are black anway.....

Why wasn't the blind spot detection system mentioned as part of technical assistant including the cross traffic alert and pedestrian detection?

Last edited:
OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Why wasn't the blind spot detection system mentioned as part of technical assistant including the cross traffic alert and pedestrian detection?
that's the new stuff on top of what we already had

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
well that is a new bad word I was hoping not to see...speed sign recognition. That has all the markings of an OTA update that will restrict speed or send you unwanted mail thanks to Big Brother. That had better be something you can disable easily.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
well that is a new bad word I was hoping not to see...speed sign recognition. That has all the markings of an OTA update that will restrict speed or send you unwanted mail thanks to Big Brother. That had better be something you can disable easily.
Du....dude, you dropped your tinfoil hat.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
You don't suppose that if Ford *really* wanted to do that, they would have already?
Sponsored