• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Cup holders and door panels look pretty similar to me, it'll be interesting to see just how different things really look tomorrow night.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
It is difficult to tell if the rear quarter window was ultimately changed but it does appear as if the bottom of the glass tapers up and meets the top. Thatā€™s A LOT of work for just a little change but if the rear 1/4 window was altered they no doubt changed the rear glass too. Although, the rear window is most likely to carryover since it is far more expensive to change it. Changing the trunk lid is a far better approach that changing the glass. Maybe we see a taper and the bottom to match the rear quarter windows?

The greenhouse should remain unchanged so any changes in the glass design needs to be minimal and likely at the edge of the glass, like where the roof meets the rear window or where the window meets the trunk lid. Extremely difficult to change the glass where it meets the C pillar and probably expensive.

thePill was told and reported here that the rear was shorter and amount that was lost in the rear was nearly equal to what the cut off the front. Are we talking like 12 inches shorter overall??? The new bumper tech is pretty compact if soā€¦

Next question? Is the trunk opening the same or larger and did they lose any trunk space?

7451551D-93E9-4C5C-8256-08A619134125.png
The rear quarter sure looks really pointy compared to the current car.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Wow. the mosaic isn't hiding much if you know what to look for. The rear quarter window looks like a sharp upturn, almost reminiscent of the Mitsibishi Eclipse from back in the day. The car looks... SMALL. That is a very good thing! The rear end looks smooth and exotic. Looks like something special. Cannot wait to see the high def version. LOL.

The caveats:

1. The door panel interior is clearly visible and looks like carryover from S550? But a bit more chunky and angular.
  2. The cupholder area also looks carryover. Not so thrilled about that.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
WOW!!! That rear overhang is very short!!! ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤

The rear quarter window was redesigned!!!! ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤

The rear window has likely been updated too so we might see the rear updated from the B-pillar to the rear bumper!!!

ā€¦I guess thePillā€™s guys are still working.

FEDD973F-0349-4894-93A3-8D878D1FDF4C.png
It is difficult to tell if the rear quarter window was ultimately changed but it does appear as if the bottom of the glass tapers up and meets the top. Thatā€™s A LOT of work for just a little change but if the rear 1/4 window was altered they no doubt changed the rear glass too. Although, the rear window is most likely to carryover since it is far more expensive to change it. Changing the trunk lid is a far better approach that changing the glass. Maybe we see a taper and the bottom to match the rear quarter windows?

The greenhouse should remain unchanged so any changes in the glass design needs to be minimal and likely at the edge of the glass, like where the roof meets the rear window or where the window meets the trunk lid. Extremely difficult to change the glass where it meets the C pillar and probably expensive.

thePill was told and reported here that the rear was shorter and amount that was lost in the rear was nearly equal to what the cut off the front. Are we talking like 12 inches shorter overall??? The new bumper tech is pretty compact if soā€¦

Next question? Is the trunk opening the same or larger and did they lose any trunk space?
S650 Mustang New Video Teaser: Jim Farley and Jimmy Fallon Check out the S650 Mustang 36wpec

Dude, just give it up. You have no idea.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I see I'm just in time for the mandatory "it looks like a Camaro" commentsšŸ¤£
I don't get that at all. It actually makes the Camaro look fat. The reaer quarter window is nothing alike. The rear overhang on the 650 is hardly there.

Looks more like the rear of a Ferrari or Aston Martin.

S650 Mustang New Video Teaser: Jim Farley and Jimmy Fallon Check out the S650 Mustang 2018-ferrari-portofino-rear-to

S650 Mustang New Video Teaser: Jim Farley and Jimmy Fallon Check out the S650 Mustang 2020_ferrari_roma_2

S650 Mustang New Video Teaser: Jim Farley and Jimmy Fallon Check out the S650 Mustang 2019-Aston-Martin-Vantage-Rear-Three-Quarter-02

I'm in shock they actually showed that much already. Super excited.

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Wow. the mosaic isn't hiding much if you know what to look for. The rear quarter window looks like a sharp upturn, almost reminiscent of the Mitsibishi Eclipse from back in the day. The car looks... SMALL. That is a very good thing! The rear end looks smooth and exotic. Looks like something special. Cannot wait to see the high def version. LOL.

The caveats:

1. The door panel interior is clearly visible and looks like carryover from S550? But a bit more chunky and angular.
  2. The cupholder area also looks carryover. Not so thrilled about that.
Realized that as well. People who've seen the prototypes in person say they look a little smaller, but time will tell. Would be funny if the rumors v reality were basically the opposite of the s550 lol. In the years leading up to s550, people were saying it would be smaller and lighter. But it grew and got heavier. The opposite may be true for this.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Oh god the hype. I remember EXACTLY where I was and what I was doing when I watched the S550 unveiling. DAMN YOU FORD, I'M TRYING TO BUY SOMETHING THAT'S NOT A MUSTANG. TURN OFF YOUR HYPE MACHINE.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Oh god the hype. I remember EXACTLY where I was and what I was doing when I watched the S550 unveiling. DAMN YOU FORD, I'M TRYING TO BUY SOMETHING THAT'S NOT A MUSTANG. TURN OFF YOUR HYPE MACHINE.
If this hype keeps up any longer, I'm gonna need new furniture. It can only handle so much moisture.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm getting hyped for tomorrow but I'm kind of glad I'm not going to be able to get the S650 right away. It just feels like lately Ford has been struck by the recall hammer multiple times on multiple models. And as awestruck as I anticipate I will be by the S650, I can only imagine how many recalls it may get for the first few years. Hopefully they're not major recalls, if any. šŸ˜…
Sponsored