• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
This one I like.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
While I think it looks cool, that looks a little plain for a complete new generation. Looks like a Mach bumper mated with a GT bumper and different headlights. Everything else is the same. I can't imagine they only changed 3 things looks wise for a new generation of car. Might as well just call it S550 gen 4.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Maybe perspective, but the Grille Opening looks too rounded on the bottom and otherwise too big. Can’t possibly be this.

Too many lights!

Got the Escape Door Trim with the Side Skirts.
I agree it’s not enough for a 650.

Like it was said earlier, Kind of a Kluge of 550 and Mach1.

I’ll hold final judgement until I see it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
While I think it looks cool, that looks a little plain for a complete new generation. Looks like a Mach bumper mated with a GT bumper and different headlights. Everything else is the same. I can't imagine they only changed 3 things looks wise for a new generation of car. Might as well just call it S550 gen 4.
I agree, but I'm guessing that R&T is on the right track and most of the changes will be somewhat subtle. Yes, the tail lights will change and the front fascia and the hood. The sides will probably change a little as well. But in general I would think it won't be anything major where it would be difficult at all to tell it's a Mustang built on the same platform.

I'd love to see some big changes, it just seems a little unlikely to me.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Looks good., my biggest question will be price. I'm guessing $60K+ for a fully loaded GT.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
I agree, but I'm guessing that R&T is on the right track and most of the changes will be somewhat subtle. Yes, the tail lights will change and the front fascia and the hood. The sides will probably change a little as well. But in general I would think it won't be anything major where it would be difficult at all to tell it's a Mustang built on the same platform.

I'd love to see some big changes, it just seems a little unlikely to me.
I hope the changes are more significant than this rendering suggests, though. Since Ford has apparently decided not to go with an all new platform, exterior styling is one way to still differentiate the S650 from the 550. If they're too close, I think S550 owners (including me) will be more likely to keep what they have than buy the new one.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I hope the changes are more significant than this rendering suggests, though. Since Ford has apparently decided not to go with an all new platform, exterior styling is one way to still differentiate the S650 from the 550. If they're too close, I think S550 owners (including me) will be more likely to keep what they have than buy the new one.
I hope for significant changes too. I'd really like the car to get a little smaller and lighter.

I was really hoping for engine changes more so than anything else. The main reason I have bought Mustangs in the past were for the engines. But from what I'm hearing the engine will be about the same.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I like it, but I think I still prefer the render the one guy over at Carscoops did.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
How did they manage to get the headlights totally wrong when the front end has already been leaked? Also the grill shape seems off even if the GT grille is larger

S650 Mustang New S650 Mustang render from Road & Track 2024-Ford-Mustang-S650-Prototype-Front-Fascia-Leak-April-2022-1024x691
Sponsored