• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
think of this as a vehicle in motion....squint your eyes, blur it a little, some of the lines represent motion, not the actual body lines...that’s the car in motion....

I dunno - I shook both my phone and tablet side to side and still don’t see it moving....:cwl::crackup::cwl::giggle:
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The S650 won't look anything like the sculpture
I have trouble separating the "artist's license" or what I think of as "cartoon" from the real hints of what the car might look like.

My assumption is the S650 won't have mail slot side windows even worse than the current Camaro.

I doubt the rear glass will have such a steep angle.

The grill and headlights basically look the same as the current car if I consider this sculpture to be just a vague resemblance to the actual upcoming production style. The nose might get slightly taller and slightly more squared-off (more like a pickup/SUV style less like a sporty car style). Possibly a little more masculine of a design compared to the current one.

Edit: probably the Mustang nose will be adjusted to look a little more like the Mach E nose. I'm not saying they will look the same, just more similar than they do now.

But mostly what I see in the sculpture is a very conservative design adjustment similar to the change of 5th gen vs. 6th gen Camaro. I would say it still looks like a Fusion/catfish/Aston Martin, which I think is good looking but not great looking.

And there isn't much of a hint of the tail in the sculpture. I like the rear of the pink car/student model shown. It reminds me of the Ford GT a little in the proportions. It takes the current tail lights and exaggerates them. I think the rear of the car is currently the best looking part. I believe Ford will also try to keep the rear similar to the current style.

So all in all I see minor design adjustments so that Mustang fans can tell the difference in the new car, but nothing ground breaking at all. It's possible that the general public won't notice the difference between the current Mustang and what Ford is planning to release.

Last edited:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Couple Things:

1st - I agree with those saying the Mustang is is the Original Pony Car, because it started out as a Coupe, with the Design Team Pushing for the Fastback as soon as the opportunity came along. Wheelbase now is not that different from the Original.
S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture 1638120316379

(Ignore the Old Man in the Middle!)

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture 1625804716948

2nd - Has Anybody Considered that the Concept might be for a 3 Wheel Electric Mustang to compete with the upcoming Bricklin 3 Wheeler?

Although it could be a Closely-Spaced Dual Rear Wheel 4 Wheel Design, 3 Wheels allows for Unlimited Innovation in a Segment that Bricklin Plans to Enter Late This Year, or Early Next Year.

Checkout the Munro/Bricklin Interview on YouTube:

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture 1638120872907

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture 1638120545035

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture 1638120612313

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture 1638120752044

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture 1625803928103

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture 1625804029160

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture 1625804073647

Also, the Rear Quarter Crease reminds me more of the Ford Futura Concept/Batmoile!

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/fea...-lincoln-futura-morphs-into-barris-batmobile/

S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture 1625806875182

https://www.vvcars.com/

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
People, perhaps I will give you a better "mental image" of that display.

You have to imagine it's release, as they pull the satin silk sheet off the car... and in that motion.. art is rendered.

You can ONLY see what the sheet is touching....
S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture Screenshot 2021-08-05 171022

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People, perhaps I will give you a better "mental image" of that display.

You have to imagine it's release, as they pull the satin silk sheet off the car... and in that motion.. art is rendered.

You can ONLY see what the sheet is touching....
Screenshot 2021-08-05 171022.png
You’re Right! Definitely a 2 Wheeler! Segway!

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
IMO the issue with the 6th gen Camaro was not that it was similar to the 5th gen, but rather that all the updates made the car worse as an everyday vehicle. By all accounts, the 6th gen Camaro was a better sports car than the Mustang, but not as roomy, more difficult to see out of, less cargo space, etc. IMO the original 6th gen Camaro looks pretty good from most angles. It got worse with the refresh IMO (feel the same about the Mustang, incidentally).

Like the 911, the Mustang could keep its general look and shape, and it wouldn’t be a problem. The car is very good looking. Making some tweaks to the details, creases, and highlights could give the car a fresh look while keeping the lineage clear.

I really like that gold colored design study. To me, it is clearly a Mustang, but has a fresh look even though the proportions are all very similar. If Ford does something like that it would be pretty amazing.

-T

Reactions: Ace

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I understand that while still only renderings, the renderings I've seen on here and elsewhere that are based on this sculpture and/or the Evos are not very confidence inspiring.

However, if the 7g has headlights and grille similar to the Zephyr Reflection, I'm in. Fingers crossed!

Tysonren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Stinger
I understand that while still only renderings, the renderings I've seen on here and elsewhere that are based on this sculpture and/or the Evos are not very confidence inspiring.

However, if the 7g has headlights and grille similar to the Zephyr Reflection, I'm in. Fingers crossed!
I was driving the other day and had an Explorer and am Escape behind me. I noticed the explorer headlights LED bar was pretty level, and the smaller SUV was more aggressively angled. It made me wonder if the mustang will have a similar light bar at the top of the headlights. But just at a more mean angle. That's my prediction at least. But maybe the LED bar is for the SUVs.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With Lincoln wanting to go All Electric, this appears to be what they were asking the College to Design for them.

Looks good for a Lincoln Electric, But the Mustang will need more Grill and less Mach-E Bumper Cover.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Moving on from design, we know the 5.0 is sticking around, but what about that 6.8 engine? Do we really believe the union leader that apparently confirmed the 6.8 will be used in the 7g?

Let's say the 6.8 does happen, would it be solely for a Shelby? I'd love to see a manual 6.8 Shelby (GT350 replacement?). And the GT500, if there is one, can be 6.8 + hybrid.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Thought this was interesting.......at least in terms of the front end. This isn't a pure Lincoln concept.....Lincoln partnered with the Art College Centre of Design to produce several concepts. But the front end sure looks familiar!

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/08/15/lincoln-anniversary-concept-art-center-design/#slide-2340952

Lincoln concept.jpg
Sometimes I got the feeling that there is only one concept artist in the world and he is pretty amazing in selling his one sketch just to everyone
S650 Mustang Mustang S650 Design Previewed by ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture Audi-Skysphere_Concept-2021-1280-14

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah, that is definitely the current trend......large grille with narrow headlamps branching off from it with large lower corner pockets/intakes.

By the time S650 gets here though it'll be old news!

Reactions: JWS

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Moving on from design, we know the 5.0 is sticking around, but what about that 6.8 engine? Do we really believe the union leader that apparently confirmed the 6.8 will be used in the 7g?

Let's say the 6.8 does happen, would it be solely for a Shelby? I'd love to see a manual 6.8 Shelby (GT350 replacement?). And the GT500, if there is one, can be 6.8 + hybrid.
I recently talked to a friend who seemed to be in the know (credible source as they do contract work for Ford) said there were two v8 options they were working, a new gen coyote and a 7 liter displacement engine. I said are you sure it wasn’t 6.8? And he said maybe but pretty confident it was a 7 liter. All we can do is hope right lol
Sponsored