• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
No Hybrid Mustang for me. Too complicated for me.I just like cars that are simple and fast.

I wouldnt quite call these modern day cars simple... So many electronics, control systems, cameras, sensors both inside the engine and in the bumpers etc. There is nothing "simple" about cars today. There are numerous computers and control modules that are required just to make the car turn on.

Sure they are simpler than a hybrid car, but not compared to cars 50 years ago.
Sponsored

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT, 2016 S550 EB
There's nothing simple about ANY car that's made today. Whether it's a Nissan Altima or Ford Mustang GT, they are all controlled by microprocessors. A LOT of microprocessors. So no, your GT isn't a simple car.
Give me a break. Yeah, so let's add a hybrid power train. They're already SO COMPLEX.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Here's a shocker...and hold on...it's indeed shocking.

If you don't want an electric augment S650..don't buy one!

I recognize that some people feel the need to base their self worth and the worth of their current car off of what will happen over three years from now..please address your concerns to :

https://corporate.ford.com/contact-us.html

Otherwise, I suggest you enjoy your current cars and not worry about an option that will be debuting in the next generation car.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I'm starting to really question if people truly know what hybrid means lol.

It's not a bad thing. It'll be terrible for the minimalist approach however.

As far as I can tell reading between the lines, this will NOT be a PHEV hybrid.

I honestly doubt ford will have electric only range on the mustang. I also feel it might be mated to a small NA V8 with cylinder deactivation. What this does is two fold:

1) Allows big torque downlow from a small engine. Hopefully ford will make it a little peaky and retain 7000rpm power. This would be sport mode. Max battery draw, max electrical power assist.

2) Allows for MORE time in cylinder deactivation. A lot of people didn't know but GM released a hybrid Silverado/Sierra last year in California. Small, basic system that actually saw 13% increase in city MPG! That's huge for a system just tossed in. The truck was able to live in V4 mode a lot more of the time.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I would not buy a hybrid until it has self contained infinite range by way of
solar power. They should eliminate the need for charging. We have the technology, they used fuel cells on the space shuttle. Who wants a electric car that has to be charged with low range of 200 miles??? The auto industry is way behind the tech
that was available 10 years ago

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
solar power. They should eliminate the need for charging. We have the technology, they used fuel cells on the space shuttle. Who wants a electric car that has to be charged with low range of 200 miles??? The auto industry is way behind the tech
I know right I mean why don't they put in a Mr. Fusion also? Doc had one! You would think at least a flux capacitor by now!

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
They will Ford innovates then Greedy Motors and Chrysler follow
GM already considered doing this on the Gen 6 Camaro and passed. Evidently the 2.0T was going to be an eAssist model before they canned that idea.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
That's not a hybrid. That's an EV.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach1 Premium HP & 2001 F150 4x4 Prerunner
If you think the S550 is heavy, just wait for batteries and electric motors. It will be quick, and if they go for AWD it will handle pretty good too, but...

I would think it might be time to get rid of the back seat, because the OK sized trunk will lose space to batteries.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
If you think the S550 is heavy, just wait for batteries and electric motors. It will be quick, and if they go for AWD it will handle pretty good too, but...

I would think it might be time to get rid of the back seat, because the OK sized trunk will lose space to batteries.
We don't know what the weight of the new platform will be.

It's easily possible that the new platform will result in weight savings to the point where even a hybrid augment will be roughly the same weight as the car is now.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
This is disingenuous, Cars are at the fore front of affordable economies of scale.

None of use could afford 10 year old aerospace fuel cell tech as is... Unless we got lucky on Government Liquidators. There is a reason cars don't represent the computation power of current computers.

One, cost.
Two, they would service most OEM durability testing.

That takes time, to get the technology to a level where it is profitable and affordable to the consumer.
Sponsored