• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I don't like either hybrid or electric technology on sports cars. The reason is exhaust and engine sound. When you start a Mustang V8 or a Ferrari the first thing you like is how the engine sounds. When you accelerate, hiw the engine and exhaust sounds. What's the fun with an electric motor? Sports cars sell in small quantities compared to SUVs, trucks and sedans, so their carbon footprint is minimal, so I don't know why they insist on electrifying them. On the other hand, trucks consume a lot of gas and need lots of torque to do their duties and an electric motor is the best solution. The same goes to SUVs. For sedans, I like quiet engines and lots of MPGs and again, hybrid and electric tech is the best solution.
Since the Mustang already has a non roaring offering (V6,EB) then a hybrid trim is not a bad idea.

Long live the V8!!
Technology demonstration..in the case of the hypercars/supercars/sports cars.
Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
You're no different from the 20-somethings of the 1960's, impatient with the pace of change and who didn't "trust anyone over 30". Think about it.

When you're young, you have less life experience on which to base thoughtful opinions. Knee-jerk reactions and getting all starry-eyed over the latest alternative solution are not substitutes for wisdom, for seeing things from more than just one angle. But you don't know that yet, not truly.

I don't have anything against hybrids or EV's per se, other than I won't be buying one. The next generation of existing cars that feature a bigger-than-average slice of 'fun' or 'sport' or just brute performance are best left mostly the way they are, to evolve their currently employed technologies.

EV/hybrid technology - which is really more revolution rather than evolution - should be confined to new model names and maybe a few of the names that have been retired. An EV Probe? Sure.

This thread is already too long for me to bother trying to sniff out examples of 'blame' in it.

Though I think you will have to agree that a generation so enamored of virtual connectivity - smart phones and tablets in particular - that they have been delaying getting their driver's licenses and buying cars at all . . . has managed to make itself an easy target.

Norm
Let's just agree to disagree. Maybe sometime we will have this debate over a beer :cheers: but its too exhausting to do on an internet forum. At the end of the day like most issues, the truth is a blend of both sides and neither party is 100% right, i just believe the truth lies closer to my side :D

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
The fastest cars on the planet are hybrids. Why the hate? Same people that complained about the new Raptor being a twin turbo six. It's awesome which is why I just bought one. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a hybrid Mustang if it meant good dollar value on performance.

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT, 2016 S550 EB
No need to modify. It'll embarrass a GT stock. "LoL"

Hey bro, your v8 against a couple d cells. How does it feel?
Feels good. Sounds good. Always will.

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's just agree to disagree. Maybe sometime we will have this debate over a beer :cheers: but its too exhausting to do on an internet forum. At the end of the day like most issues, the truth is a blend of both sides and neither party is 100% right, i just believe the truth lies closer to my side :D
You would be wrong. You'll figure that out later on in life.:cheers:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
No Hybrid Mustang for me. Too complicated for me.I just like cars that are simple and fast.

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
See i think every one is over hyping this hybrid mustang. Just because theres the tesla, porsche 918, laferrari etc. people think this mustang will be 600hp 600 lb/tq. I dont really think so, at least not at first. In 10 years or so ford could have this hybrid technology be the top dog but i dont think they are willing to have the v8 play second fiddle in the mustang just yet. Will the hybrid mustang be a quick car? Probally yes. But i see it having similar hp numbers to our current coyote motors and maybe 50 more torque. I dont see ford just going all out the first year . I know ford has the 3.5L TT ecoboost in the GT and a differnt variant in the raptor but i highly doubt they will bring that to the mustang anytime soon. Ford has never had the same engine in so many differnt models (at least performance models) and i dont see them doing it anytime soon. The 5.2L voodoo is only mustang specific, and theres a reason for that. Ford always makes special motors for the mustang so i dont see them doing the same 3.5L TT ecoboost they do for GT and the raptor. I could see the current 2.3L ecoboost used for this hybrid mustang. Maybe twin turbo 2.3L with the hybrid motors and i could deffinetly see that reaching the current coyote hp and tq numbers. When the 2020 comes out i can see them doing a v8 still and having that be top dog. Could be a 4.8L single or twin turbo. Who knows. But i think what ford does with the 2018 mustang plays a crucial role in what there plans are for the mustang in years to come. Hell ford might come out with the new model gt500 tomorrow, and what would happen if it was a 7.0L supercharged beast that was 800hp. Ford has not really answered the hellcats hp numbers yet and or the new ZL1, and with a z28 surely coming around the corner with probally more horsepower and torque than the zl1, i highly doubt ford is willing to let the tried and true v8 dwindle away by 2020. So all we can do is see what happens, but i guarantee the v8 isnt done yet

Last edited:

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Hybrid Mustang for me. Too complicated for me.I just like cars that are simple and fast.
THIS! Why is this so hard for some of you to understand? This is what makes a Mustang so great.

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
PREVIEW New Ford Mustang @ Evos Hybrid Concept Ford Evos Concept - Overview and Driving Shots this from 2012

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]CvmSOa9cio0[/MEDIA]"]

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
If they would just shrink the crap out of the stang and put the motor in the back and give it a turbo 4 I'd be in for that. Forget the electric, at 2750 lbs and 400hp. I'd love it!
A Mustang fiero :lol:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

There's nothing simple about ANY car that's made today. Whether it's a Nissan Altima or Ford Mustang GT, they are all controlled by microprocessors. A LOT of microprocessors. So no, your GT isn't a simple car.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
The fastest cars on the planet are hybrids. Why the hate? Same people that complained about the new Raptor being a twin turbo six. It's awesome which is why I just bought one. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a hybrid Mustang if it meant good dollar value on performance.
I totally agree with your opinion !!! Times are changing...lets just except it :)

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's nothing simple about ANY car that's made today. Whether it's a Nissan Altima or Ford Mustang GT, they are all controlled by microprocessors. A LOT of microprocessors. So no, your GT isn't a simple car.
I disagree. Fixing, replacing parts, and diagnostics have been the same for several decades. This Mustang isn't anymore difficult than a 1987 Grand National to work on.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Dang, can you imagine if the big 3 all go in this direction? Not a good thing for Whipple and the other FI manufacturers.
Sponsored