• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MT82 D4 Gear ratios

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

VenomousDeath

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to add, going with a set of 4.09 gears alleviates almost all the issues as far as gearing when it comes to the MT82D4. I have a set of 4.09s on my 2020 Mustang GT 6spd and it was a mod I wish I did when I first got the car and didn't wait 2 years to do it. The only gear which is still too tall after the 4.09 install is 4th. However, 1-3 is a huge improvement.
I put 4.10 gears in my 2011 and 2017 within the first 100miles of owning the car it’s litterally the best upgrade you can do in my option it gives the car a more aggressive response and driving feel throughout every gear , I wish ford gave the option would be a no brainer for me. My 2017 was Whipple with 4.10 and 900whp talk about a monster

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Found another thread on this. Seems most of the kinks were worked out. D4 doesn't seem to have the broken fork issues so much (maybe only driver error now?) or high rev shift issues. Maybe rev matching will help some folks as well. 🤷🏼‍♂️
There’s absolutely nothing that will fix the high rpm shift issues except a clutch and pressure plate swap, ask me how I know lol

OP
OP

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Ben Calamore at Calamore Transmission rebuilds MT 82 trans and makes them bad ass. He said he took the new D4 apart and it the exact same Transmission inside

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Ben Calamore at Calamore Transmission rebuilds MT 82 trans and makes them bad ass. He said he took the new D4 apart and it the exact same Transmission inside
AFAIK, Ford has said it's the same as well. But there are conflicting reviews among those who have driven both the new car mt82 and the Tremec, where they too acknowledge they've been told it's the same, but it feels different. Probably just a fluke. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Bumping an old thread here, but are any 4.09 options on the horizon for us?

Ford won't be offering the gears in their catalog but they do have calibrations coming out via the ProCal tool that will allow 4.09 gearing. However, other brands are available through StrangeEngineering and others. I asked Ford Performance why they aren't offering it, they said it didn't sell. To be frank, one of the best mods I ever did on my S550. If you look around there are some shops that still have the Ford Performance ones in stock.