• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Most overpriced options...

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
$5K for a painted stripe is ridiculous. Other than that, overpriced is a matter of price vs pocketbook. For example, $495 for colored brake calipers is a budget breaker for some, while that same amount pays for a couple of nice dinners out with the significant other for others.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
$5K for a painted stripe is ridiculous. Other than that, overpriced is a matter of price vs pocketbook. For example, $495 for colored brake calipers is a budget breaker for some, while that same amount pays for a couple of nice dinners out with the significant other for others.
Sure and from what I gather your Mustang, like mine is a completely unnecessary extra toy that we buy because we want it can afford it, and an extra $500 is nothing. I'm with you there.

But it's like you are out at a steak place eating a $65 steak and they offer a few mushrooms on top for $12. If you like mushrooms you say yes please add mushrooms...but a small voice in your head had to say "that's like $1.75 worth of mushrooms"

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sure and from what I gather your Mustang, like mine is a completely unnecessary extra toy that we buy because we want it can afford it, and an extra $500 is nothing. I'm with you there.

But it's like you are out at a steak place eating a $65 steak and they offer a few mushrooms on top for $12. If you like mushrooms you say yes please add mushrooms...but a small voice in your head had to say "that's like $1.75 worth of mushrooms"
Yes, and perhaps one of the reasons why we can afford this extra toy is precisely because we have the small voice in our head reminding us of the value of things. I suspect for many of us, the discipline of saying no to mushrooms and lattes and bagging a lunch for work over time means you get to buy a Mustang at 50.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I have never heard a car without active exhaust but imo now that i have it, i wouldnt want to live without it. At under $1300 i would call that a steal!
Much cheaper than the overpriced aftermarket rip off exhaust kits available. I wasnā€™t sure I wanted this option until I saw the aftermarket kit prices. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
Much cheaper than the overpriced aftermarket rip off exhaust kits available. I wasnā€™t sure I wanted this option until I saw the aftermarket kit prices. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.
My exact thoughts šŸ¤£ I would love to install a full corsa system but at over $2k its a hard bullet to bite, especially when i like the way it sounds now

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
My exact thoughts šŸ¤£ I would love to install a full corsa system but at over $2k its a hard bullet to bite, especially when i like the way it sounds now
I like the sound as well. Just loud enough to hear but not so loud the cop two miles down the road canā€™t hear you getting on it. I have cops all around me in Florida and they donā€™t play around with cars having ā€œfunā€ on the streets. Also, Iā€™ve had my loud exhaust vehicle days and Iā€™m more of the subtle yet noticeable sound type now. It keeps the wife happy too.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Yes, and perhaps one of the reasons why we can afford this extra toy is precisely because we have the small voice in our head reminding us of the value of things. I suspect for many of us, the discipline of saying no to mushrooms and lattes and bagging a lunch for work over time means you get to buy a Mustang at 50.
As someone balling around in a brand new $62k mustang at 27 I can promise you, it's not from saving on mushrooms.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Looking at my window sticker, I would say the $495 Grabber Blue Calipers. I already got the performance package, which upgrades you to the bigger calipers. $495 for them to be painted Grabber Blue though?! šŸ„“ And yeah, $995 for some Sinister Bronze painted wheels and badges. At least the Nite Pony package consists of additional paint for the mirrors, roof, and spoiler. Granted, those who went with Shadow Black should have gotten a huge discount to bring the costs down to maybe ~$300 since you get the black wheels šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

bronze package saved me 2k! i was going to put bronze wheels on it regardless! its the only way to beat the orange brake dust from brembos!!!
I didn't get to customize the car. It just so happened to be on the lot and I spotted and pulled the trigger before anyone else. The sinister bronze touches though with the Grabber Blue calipers
šŸ’øšŸ‘Œ Of course, this is my personal opinion.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
As someone balling around in a brand new $62k mustang at 27 I can promise you, it's not from saving on mushrooms.
LOL well said! I applaud your success and I realize that a number of us get to the Mustang early in life with skill, hard work and good ideas! I love to see successful young people.

I think it's one of the things that makes this car special: you'll have rich people and regular folks buying the same car at different times in life, but I don't think a lot of people like me ever buy a brand new Porsche.

OP
OP

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Apparently I was ballin' in my new $13,500 '85 GT at 24 and was completely unaware.

speedylotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt Premium
yeah, iā€™m 23 with the same MSRP. itā€™s not from saving on mushrooms haha

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
My first new Mustang was my '91 LX 5.0 5-speed in all black. I was 24 as well.

P.S. - I hate mushrooms! šŸ˜„