• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Minimal Bass - B&O Sound System

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I understand this could be subjective, but I feel like my car has almost no bass. I have the 12-speaker system with the subwoofer, and all settings are maxed out for bass in my settings, but it still seems really low. Is that just how it is? Is there something more I can do to boost it?

By contrast, my 2006 S197 had the Shaker 500, and it was a lot heavier on the bass. Great sound system that I never needed to upgrade. I feel like the B&O is a little underwhelming unfortunately.

Also, could be a separate thing I need to adjust, but when surround sound is on, I feel like the sound coming from the left side of the car is lower. In other words, my right ear is getting most of the music.
Sponsored

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I'm with you. The bass sucks in this system.

You start to feel it more at volume 15+, but that's way too high for me. I listen on 10-12 at most.

Makes me wonder if the software just needs updates to turn the bass up at lower volumes, but I plan to upgrade to a better sub.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
forscan. kill the equalizer. and rip out the dash speaker while you're at it. Ford sound systems are synonymous with hot garbage.

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Convertible, 21 Explorer ST
I understand this could be subjective, but I feel like my car has almost no bass. I have the 12-speaker system with the subwoofer, and all settings are maxed out for bass in my settings, but it still seems really low. Is that just how it is? Is there something more I can do to boost it?
You checked that there‘s sound coming out of the sub, right? I.e. open the trunk while playing music and check that it’s vibrating so you can rule out a simple warranty fix.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You checked that there‘s sound coming out of the sub, right? I.e. open the trunk while playing music and check that it’s vibrating so you can rule out a s to imple warranty fix.
Oh yeah. I threw on "Billie Jean" and popped the trunk open. Bass sounds pretty good in the trunk but not in the rest of the car.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Oh yeah. I threw on "Billie Jean" and popped the trunk open. Bass sounds pretty good in the trunk but not in the rest of the car.
Not to be rude but using Billie Jean as your benchmark for good bass isn't really what I would expect a modern sound system to react to.
Try A Milli by Lil Wayne on volume 20 and let us know how that goes.
Also if your source is garbage, you're going to have bad bass. What're you listening to?

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to be rude but using Billie Jean as your benchmark for good bass isn't really what I would expect a modern sound system to react to.
Also if your source is garbage, you're going to have bad bass. What're you listening to?
You mean the song with the most famous baseline in music history isn't a good benchmark for a modern system to react to? If anything, it should be more reactive to it.

I have high-fidelity downloads from Tidal on my phone as my source.

good god no!! You test bass by playing Organ music. Yeesh, kids these days
:crackup:

Honestly that's a pretty cool video. Good performance.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The bass just sucks. My shaker in the 2015 I had was way better in the bass department.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
You mean the song with the most famous baseline in music history isn't a good benchmark for a modern system to react to? If anything, it should be more reactive to it.

I have high-fidelity downloads from Tidal on my phone as my source.

:crackup:

Honestly that's a pretty cool video. Good performance.
just listened to. It on the way home. Sounds like shit. There’s not much bass and it’s way too fast to expect that sub in the back to react cleanly.
Listen to a bass heavy song and I think the woofer is pretty good

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bass just sucks. My shaker in the 2015 I had was way better in the bass department.
That's what I mean. My Shaker 500 from 2006 had a lot more bass and, I think, sounded better overall.

just listened to. It on the way home. Sounds like shit. There’s not much bass and it’s way too fast to expect that sub in the back to react cleanly.
Listen to a bass heavy song and I think the woofer is pretty good
Hot take!

I really shouldn't have to listen to music I wouldn't normally listen to in order to appreciate my subwoofer. 🤷‍♀️

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This song gave me a lot of bass, granted, I had the volume up to 15. I had the equalizer reset, didn't touch it, and had the sound set to stereo, not surround. But yea, it seems like less than 15, the subwoofer isn't doing much, at least in the cabin area.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
This song gave me a lot of bass, granted, I had the volume up to 15. I had the equalizer reset, didn't touch it, and had the sound set to stereo, not surround. But yea, it seems like less than 15, the subwoofer isn't doing much, at least in the cabin area.
I’ve read the bass drops off after volume 24. That’s basically the “max”. Might’ve been 22 but I’m pretty sure it’s 24

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
You mean the song with the most famous baseline in music history isn't a good benchmark for a modern system to react to?
that's not what real men call bass. Yes it's a nice beat to wiggle your ass to, sure...
Listen to a cello or even actual string bass (not guitars).

This guy doesn't use enough of the thick end but is funny no less.

and if you're a glutton for punishment

Last edited:

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I've been looking for folks that have replaced their subwoofers and if it helps or not. The bass is awful.
Sponsored