• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lethal Performance's 2024's have been ordered!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
Can't wait for these things to be built. Darkhorse Premium and a Premium GT Coupe. Big shoutout to my friend Philip Weikert of Weikert Ford in Lake Wales, FL for always taking excellent care of us.

S650 Mustang Lethal Performance's 2024's have been ordered! Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 4.56.45 PM

S650 Mustang Lethal Performance's 2024's have been ordered! Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 4.55.57 PM
Sponsored

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Crack that ECU!

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Congrats, Im rooting for 3rd party businesses!

Crack that ECU!
About thatā€¦.

From C&Dā€¦.

Mustang chief engineer Ed Krenz told Ford Authority that as a result of the switch to FNV, the S650-generation Mustang will be "much more difficult" to tune. According to Krenz, the entire system is encrypted to protect user data, and if the system suspects someone is trying to modify its code, it can shut a component or the whole vehicle down entirely. So, you could make some nice hardware upgrades to your engine, but you won't be able to tune it to run at its best.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Ford spokesman says company line.

JFC, whipple, roush , and livernois already have access.
What are you trying to proveā€¦ Johnny garage dyno canā€™tā€¦ ok fine.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Ford spokesman says company line.

JFC, whipple, roush , and livernois already have access.
What are you trying to proveā€¦ Johnny garage dyno canā€™tā€¦ ok fine.
You're missing the point. The point is "cracking the ECU". It will never happen. Ford gives access whom it wants to...Roush, Whipple...that's not "cracking the ECU". You get it now? I'm not good at drawing pics...so...

BTW GM is doing the same thing with the C8, gives access to whom they want to...however, that happens. The days of native tuning are gone with the S650.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You're missing the point. The point is "cracking the ECU". It will never happen. Ford gives access whom it wants to...Roush, Whipple...that's not "cracking the ECU". You get it now? I'm not good at drawing pics...so...

BTW GM is doing the same thing with the C8, gives access to whom they want to...however, that happens. The days of native tuning are gone with the S650.
Which is all a good thing. Sh*t tuners like Bama have been plagueing the V8 for a decade and the Ecoboom moniker exists because of tuners like MAPerformance

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Which is all a good thing. Sh*t tuners like Bama have been plagueing the V8 for a decade and the Ecoboom moniker exists because of tuners like MAPerformance
Right, who wants choices, right? No, one wants choices. šŸ™„

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
you donā€™t really need choicesā€¦ theyā€™re all copying each others work for the most part.

and if you need to build a car 1000 plus and up, put a Stand alone on it.
Shxt the Vaughn gittin 2024 is making 1200HP already with a motec

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
you donā€™t really need choicesā€¦ theyā€™re all copying each others work for the most part.

and if you need to build a car 1000 plus and up, put a Stand alone on it.
Shxt the Vaughn gittin 2024 is making 1200HP already with a motec
The issue is not really 500HP vs. 1000HP. The issue is Ford removing the choices of the consumers. With what purpose?

Once I buy my Mustang, I should be able to do whatever the **** I want with it. If I choose to void my warranty, that's on me. If I follow the T&Cs of the warranty...again that's on me. There are very serious implications to what Ford is doing (and GM has done with the C8). No one should be taking Ford's side on this issue.

It's like BMW wanting to charge a monthly fee to allow for heated/cooling seats. Seriously? And some people said "...well, no everyone uses the heating/cooling seats option." Again, not the point.

Good luck to all the small businesses in the Mustang community.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i seriously doubt that Ford will have the vehicle be disabled if it's tuned, because that's ripe for false positives if, for example, some programming gets corrupted and even the most inexperienced software engineer will agree. i also wouldn't be surprised if someone from one of the "trusted manufacturers" eventually leaked how they make the "approved tunes". Ford can try all they want to lock down the Mustang's ECU, but now that they're advertising how locked down it is, there's probably gonna be 2 or 3 times as many people working on cracking it ASAP, because people love a challenge, especially when it's said to be impossible. Case and point is the game engine Frostbite Engine 3, which i remember somewhere was advertised as not able to be modded, and now look at the modding scene of games like Need For Speed Heat and Unbound, which run on that engine.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
Crack that ECU!
Whipple has access and the ability to tune the 24's. They have a 3.0L kit installed and in testing now. It will most likely be a bit before other tuning companies have the ability to tune the 24's but I'm sure in time we'll see some options.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Can't wait for these things to be built. Darkhorse Premium and a Premium GT Coupe. Big shoutout to my friend Philip Weikert of Weikert Ford in Lake Wales, FL for always taking excellent care of us.

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 4.56.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 4.55.57 PM.png
Got my confirmation today!
Sponsored