• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with getting a fully loaded GT Premium.

Seemingly, the only real difference between it and the DH, besides the prestige factor, is that you'll get somewhat less horse power (which, if you're mostly doing city driving or commuting daily, is not a big deal IMO) and no Carbon Fiber wheels.
Not true. We went over this when the Mach 1 was first introduced. There are major differences between the two cars. Keep reading. :giggle: :like:
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I def do NOT want the Black Roof
Ah well, most of the rest of it is there. The mirrors have dark caps, the wing is black if you do handling package. Still not sure if there are 2 colors of emblems as we have seen, a silver and a black.

If you are just talking about the red calipers, i have no idea why they wouldnt be available for the DH.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Not true. We went over this when the Mach 1 was first introduced. There are major differences between the two cars. Keep reading. :giggle: :like:
I'm just going based on the options sheet we have. If I'm missing something, by all means please tell me.

And yes, I know the DH will hold up better in value because of its limited allocations, has somewhat prettier color(s) and it will be a better car for the race track because of the 500hp vs. 480hp.

But functionally, if someone's only using it as a regular city driver or daily commuter, I don't see what would tip the scales in the DH's favor when you're going to be paying at least several grand more for it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm just going based on the options sheet we have. If I'm misisng something, by all means please tell me.

And yes, I know the DH will hold up better in value because of its limited allocations, has somewhat prettier color(s) and it will be a better car for the race track because of the 500hp vs 480hp.

But functionally, if someone's only using it as a regular city driver or daily commuter, I don't see what would tip the scales in the DH's favor when you're going to be paying at least several grand more for it.
My bad, just saw that you recently joined. Sorry.

Start here
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/stock-2021-mach-1-vs-stock-2021-gt.160862/

And you are correct. If the car is only going to be street driven, most of the additional performance features would be moot. You would be well served with either a regular GT or one with the Performance Package.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My bad, just saw that you recently joined. Sorry.

Start here
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/stock-2021-mach-1-vs-stock-2021-gt.160862/

And you are correct. If the car is only going to be street driven, most of the additional performance features would be moot. You would be well served with either a regular GT or one with the Performance Package.
Thanks! And no problem.

I was open to ordering a DH had it offered a lot more bells & whistles beyond better track performance (bearing in mind the GT Premium is still better than 95-98% of other cars peformance-wise), but that doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately.

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with getting a fully loaded GT Premium.

Seemingly, the only real difference between it and the DH, besides the prestige factor, is that you'll get somewhat less horse power (which, if you're mostly doing city driving or commuting daily, is not a big deal IMO) and no Carbon Fiber wheels.

Not to mention, you can get A/Z pricing with the GT Premium and there will be a greater allocation of them (reducing the chance of long delays).
I feel the same way. I don't *need* the Dark Horse, and I won't be putting it on the track. I am content with a fully loaded GT.

I do have a question though for those who have ordered the Performance Package on GTs. Is there away that get spoilers that arent body color? (preferably black).

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
Also if you want to use it as a track toy without having to add coolers on your own. And potentially a track attack day at Charlotte. These are the two factors that have me picking the DH over the Gt. If I wasnt going to use it on the track, i would go GT.

My dealer is being tight lipped about these guides and pricing at the moment. @Blueberrystang2000 is this something that isnt supposed to be discussed with customers yet?
I’m not sure why they would be like that, it’s the perfect time to reach out to customers to give them an idea of options build the excitement just a few more weeks

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Lane-Keeping System with Lane-Keeping Assist and Lane Departure Warning includes Driver Alert System, Road Departure Warning and Blind Spot Assist – when equipped with 6-speed Manual Transmission (44X) Note: Lane Centering Assist is also included with Lane-Keeping System when equipped with 10-speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission (44U)
Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. LKA and LCA are not even remotely similar in how they feel behind the wheel. LKA is super limited, maybe good for someone that's driving on a relatively straight road and needs to bend over to reach something in their car for a couple of seconds without worrying about careening off road, or if you want to space out while driving on an arrow straight road. I've tried at least 5-6 LKA systems from different brands and they're all typically more of a hassle than a boon. Constantly riding over the cats eyes on roads or hugging uncomfortably close to one side. I feel like I'd trade paint with the car in the adjacent lane sometimes. And then it fights you if you try to center your vehicle. So counterintuitive.

LCA is basically what most cars refer to as "autopilot" in that it positions your car as you'd actually want it to without rebounding back and forth like a bowling ball bouncing off of bumpers.