• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is Paint Protection Film (PPF) worth it?

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
Something worth considering for anyone with a light color car, especially white. PPF WILL change the color, it gives a white car a dingy yellow tint, it's faint but still noticeable. I've gone through just about every film you can find at any price point on my ZL1 and it was still there.
Sponsored

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Should you protect the hood of a Dark Horse, would you apply the ppf directly over the decals or cut it around it?

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
To early to tell if it was worth it. I had the the whole front end including the A-pillars, the top of the windshield, and the bottom of the rear quarters behind the wheels covered with PPF. The rest of the car was ceramic coated. Looks spectacular. My detailer does not ceramic coat the PPF. Said there is no need to coat it.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Haven't seen PPF on are white car that's 3 1/2 years old. If it yellows it will get redone if its still under the 10 year warranty. I had it on my 2011 GT for 11 years and had it redone with stuff that had newer technology. Its a real pain getting the old off. Front ends on both cars have zero rock chips.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
How does it work when you pay 2k for PPF film, and someone crashed and broke your front bumper? How does the insurance cover the cost?
Only the repair of the bumper of also the added PPF film of 2 grand?

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
How does it work when you pay 2k for PPF film, and someone crashed and broke your front bumper? How does the insurance cover the cost?
Only the repair of the bumper of also the added PPF film of 2 grand?
Notify your insurance agent, let them know you have the PPF, see if they can do a rider.
An endorsement, also known as a rider, adds, deletes, excludes or changes insurance coverage. An endorsement/rider can also be used to increase standard limits of coverage and take precedent over the original agreement or policy
Sponsored