• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recommend a DIY paint protection product?

Glossox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I’m not trying to promote anyone or anything here but if you have the time jump on YouTube and search ceramic coatings. There is a ton of informative videos.
this has given me a lot to think about ..and a bunch of other questions. I think I’ll start it in another thread. Thanks again for all the great advice so far.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
In this case, I would suggest Gyeon Pure EVO. This is a very forgiving coating to apply, while the bond with the paint is instant, you have a 15 min window in which to level it back, allowing the user more time to get comfortable. Expect 3 years of durability and a candy-like level of gloss. It's only failing is the lack of ultimate slickness, something I get around by using a spray sealant topper like the above Carpro Reload 2.0 or Gyeon's own Cure after application, something that also protects the coating as it fully cures in the first 14 days.

spite the wall of words, that's only an overview, something I can elaborate on if you need.
How does GYEON MOHS compare with EVO as far as application work time? Can it be applied on all surfaces, plastic, glass etc... ? TIA

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
How does GYEON MOHS compare with EVO as far as application work time? Can it be applied on all surfaces, plastic, glass etc... ? TIA
Both Pure EVO and Mohs EVO can be applied to pretty much all surfaces, including trim, plastics and glass.

Mohs EVO is more specific with its working times compared to Pure EVO. If you are new to coatings, I would start with Pure EVO due to the longer working time and instant bond with the paint. However, Mohs EVO is also know to be very forgiving and brings superior slickness to the table, where Pure EVO doesn't have that wax-like slick feeling unless you apply a topper.

Sponsored