• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior door anti-scuff overlay?

OP
OP
Aufenscuht

Aufenscuht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0I
Mr AUF,
Someone told me that weather tech has something for the doors. Weather Tech is out of Bolingbrook IL. Google them and check them out. Good luck. The scuffs and finger prints drive me crazy too.😃
Thank you. Just looked into this. Nothing, unfortunately.
Sponsored

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Just wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone has come up with anything? Just picked up my Mustang a few days ago and I can already see that this is going to be an issue. Probably better to find a solution sooner rather than later (when the damage is done).

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Hey guys. Was wondering if you ran across anyone producing an overlay for the lower portion of the door. I accidentally hit it with my shoe and that plastic seems VERY scratchy. My woman is horrible about this as well. Thanks.
What about these? Not super cheap but might provide some protection? Anyone have any experience with these or something similar?

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-13208CF/ford-mustang-carbon-fiber-door-sill-plate-overlays-15-24

Looks like these have some sort of automotive grade adhesive for installation. I wonder if something like this adhesive could potentially damage the paint in that area?

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
WeatherTech is working on the sill scuff protection for the S650. Can sign up to be notified once they're available.

OP
OP
Aufenscuht

Aufenscuht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0I
Cringe carbon fiber. I have a base, so my stamp is stamped into the cheap ass plastic. Hopefully a non carbon fiber one will show

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
WeatherTech is working on the sill scuff protection for the S650. Can sign up to be notified once they're available.
OK I will look into the Weathertech one's and get on the waiting list. I just posted a link to some other one's I found.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Just wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone has come up with anything? Just picked up my Mustang a few days ago and I can already see that this is going to be an issue. Probably better to find a solution sooner rather than later (when the damage is done).
My DH is literally getting ceramic coated and tinted right now. In a few weeks, we are going to add some PFF to some critical areas. He told me that it is very common to add PPF along this area to avoid scuffs and such from your shoes/feet from getting in and out of the vehicle.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My DH is literally getting ceramic coated and tinted right now. In a few weeks, we are going to add some PFF to some critical areas. He told me that it is very common to add PPF along this area to avoid scuffs and such from your shoes/feet from getting in and out of the vehicle.
Hmm, need to look into Xpel see if they have some of that......
Bump. Yep they've got some
https://www.xpel.com/universal-door-sill-kit-clear
Bump 2. May not work, got the illuminated sill plates....hmm

Last edited:

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
No.
2024 Ford Mustang Sill Protector.
Sill Protector is not available for your 2024 Ford Mustang.
Click Sign Up to be the first to know when new products are available for your 2024 Ford Mustang.
For some reason I link the wrong thing in my reply to you. This is the anti scratch stuff I saw at Weathertech but doesn't say how thick it is. The XPEL kit you posted says that stuff is 8mil thick.

https://www.weathertech.com/ford/2024/mustang/scratch-protection/

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
My premium GT already has the black protection around the lit Mustang on the door sill.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
I'm definitely interested in something for this, but it also can't look goofy when installed either.

Nothing looks worse than leaving the plastic on the couch.
Sponsored