• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior door anti-scuff overlay?

Aufenscuht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0I
Hey guys. Was wondering if you ran across anyone producing an overlay for the lower portion of the door. I accidentally hit it with my shoe and that plastic seems VERY scratchy. My woman is horrible about this as well. Thanks.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
A kick plate for the kick plate hmm šŸ¤”

Reactions: ecc

ecc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang Coupe, 24 Mustang GT, 24 Blazer RS
i honestly might do this every time i get out of the car

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Oh yes it is very scratchy. Both doors on my car look like somebody really made an effort to scuff them.
I am just ignoring it, and hoping that the more it scratches, the less itā€™s going to show. Itā€™s ridiculous.

Nosticks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Eco Boost Convertible
I'm interested also. If I can't get the door wide open it's almost impossible to get my foot out without scratching the panel. I'm 6' and 200 lbs. There is a clear vinyl stick on covering typically used on the front of motorhomes as a rock guard. May be something like that would work and not look rednecked.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
They make a scuff plate for Corvettes that slips in from the bottom. I have them in my Corvette and they work great! Surprised that no one makes if for the Mustang. The volume should be there to justify tooling costs.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Aufenscuht

Aufenscuht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0I
I'm interested also. If I can't get the door wide open it's almost impossible to get my foot out without scratching the panel. I'm 6' and 200 lbs. There is a clear vinyl stick on covering typically used on the front of motorhomes as a rock guard. May be something like that would work and not look rednecked.
Negative. The car is too nice for things like that. I would rather get a big sheet of fake suede-like material and pre cut the thing myself. My hands are not that great with things like that, so I may wait a bit to see what becomes available.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a clear vinyl stick on covering typically used on the front of motorhomes as a rock guard.
kinda along the lines of doing an internal ppf?

The Batfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue EcoBoost Batstang,06 Ford Ranger
hmmm I could prob make something out of ppf ( I do vinyl graphics and etc) I have been looking at mine and same thing I want to hit it with my foot everytime I get in and out.. how far would you think it needs to go the whole door sill and from the seal to the carpet or just the seal to say an inch from the carpet??? I have seen some things flash on my FB page that are printed vinyl ( which I can do) but I think a matte clear would look less like a sore thumb on the plastic than a color or design... hmmmm

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Mr AUF,
Someone told me that weather tech has something for the doors. Weather Tech is out of Bolingbrook IL. Google them and check them out. Good luck. The scuffs and finger prints drive me crazy too.šŸ˜ƒ

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmmm I could prob make something out of ppf ( I do vinyl graphics and etc) I have been looking at mine and same thing I want to hit it with my foot everytime I get in and out.. how far would you think it needs to go the whole door sill and from the seal to the carpet or just the seal to say an inch from the carpet??? I have seen some things flash on my FB page that are printed vinyl ( which I can do) but I think a matte clear would look less like a sore thumb on the plastic than a color or design... hmmmm
Iā€™d say from the bottom of the door to the top of the pocket.
Sponsored