• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I'm hoping for Major Interior Upgrades/Updates -------------

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just like Chevy did with the New C8 corvette. So Much better then any other Corvette. Much more highend,well made,a lot of Tech.
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The Evos interior is pretty nice (and I don't mean the big screen, I think that is way too gimmicky). But a Mustang interior definitely needs some retro inspired desing cues.
S650 Mustang I'm hoping for Major Interior Upgrades/Updates ------------- 1619214707823

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I like it. Lots of Screens and a Real Tech feel like the C8.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020 Velocity Blue
Yes, some kind of 'retro style" package option that will outfit the interior accordingly might be attractive.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I hope they don't stray too far from the current interior look. It needs to keep that classic Mustang "double brow" dash. Just lose the tiny 4" center screen......make the 8" the base and 10 or 12" for the Premium.

Just increase the quality of the leather/plastics/switches and have the next-gen graphics on the digital dash.

Also, for the auto, I hope they keep a "proper" lever and not move to the GT500-style rotary dial......but I think that's inevitable. The auto needs decent paddle shifters though.....that IS something I'd like to see trickle down from the GT500.

I always liked this proposal for S550 which didn't make production, obviously. I'd like to see the outer a/c vents go circular for S650. Just add a bigger center screen and add a digital dash as I'd take this as it is!

S650 Mustang I'm hoping for Major Interior Upgrades/Updates ------------- S650 Interior

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020 Velocity Blue
Yes, having the option to get the DCT from the gt500 would be nice. That would solve the paddle shifter problem. Rotary dial: I dont drive automatics but I understand that the auto-shifter exists for the haptic feedback and it is probably saver because it is easier to set and see the current mode instead of mistakenly put the rotary dial one notch too far. Is there a lockout for reverse on the rotary dial, like pushing the dial down to get into reverse ?

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
I hope they don't stray too far from the current interior look. It needs to keep that classic Mustang "double brow" dash. Just lose the tiny 4" center screen......make the 8" the base and 10 or 12" for the Premium.
Well said.

I hope an analog dash remains an option too—for at least the speedo and tack. It feels like the late 1980s again with all the digitization.

An odd thing I’d love to see is a manual shifter on the floor.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I don't think we'll see the DCT in anything other than an SE S650. That being said, I do hope the 10-speed gets the updates that Mach 1 received to the torque converter and shift programming as reviews indicate the upgrades have made it an even better transmission. But it still needs better paddle shifters :)

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive

Just increase the quality of the leather/plastics/switches and have the next-gen graphics on the digital dash.

Also, for the auto, I hope they keep a "proper" lever and not move to the GT500-style rotary dial......but I think that's inevitable. The auto needs decent paddle shifters though.....that IS something I'd like to see trickle down from the GT500.

I always liked this proposal for S550 which didn't make production, obviously. I'd like to see the outer a/c vents go circular for S650. Just add a bigger center screen and add a digital dash as I'd take this as it is!

S650 Interior.jpg
I agree with most of your proposals.

1. Improve the overall quality of the used materials
2. Next gen digital dash AND a proper Head-up display (optional)
3. High quality steering wheel like the black one amg uses (including the round buttons at the bottom that can startup the engine, switch dampers etc)
4. Keep the center console similar to what we have with a bigger integrated screen but most importantly increase the "useability". Don't make it touchscreen only and come up with something like the bmw iDrive controller - a round wheel that controls the screen.
5. If we have the iDrive controller we can't have another round rotary dial but need the proper lever

But plz don't make it look like the proposal you came up with. It looks too much camaro or partially c8 like. Both interiors are aweful and look like some kid wanted a transformer look, both on the outside and the inside (at least for the Camaro)...

To sum it up:
Modernize the interior and upgrade the materials without drifting too far away from what we have.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2 >RXCAIL2
Would not look at a car for more than a nanosecond. Even if it was a freebee that had the rotary dial gear select.

That's as lame as it gets, some chick had to have designed that one.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This guy is a real class act...

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even put in Sync 4 :facepalm:

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I second staying closer to current styling. I get more compliments on the layout of my car, especially the digital dash.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
3. High quality steering wheel like the black one amg uses (including the round buttons at the bottom that can startup the engine, switch dampers etc)
So agreed; I’d take just a thicker wheel with high quality leather and thumb-rests. I had to ship my steering wheel off to an upholstery shop to get it properly setup.
Sponsored