• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford Builder Site Updates?

musculike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401A Vapor Blue ordered
It seems that the builder for the mustang has been slowly getting updates; when I built mine to put my order in, the only interior options I saw were for the gray and black interiors, but they've since updated and added the other interiors.

The builder is pretty flawed and doesn't include a lot of information, leaving a lot to be desired. I'm wondering when Ford is going to be able to finally fix the builder, given that there's already been thousands of orders using the site.
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I really don't understand what the hold-up is with it and why it's so sparce.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I find it funny. I have a good friend that works for GM. I asked her one time, how far ahead are you working on cars, designing, planning, tooling, ect. She said 5 years or so. So if that's true with Ford they probably started on the S650 maybe 2018? I find it hard to believe they can't put the proper pictures of selections online when ordering a car, and a car that's currently getting build now. Just lazy. They probably have a hundred plus people working on their web sites.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Started working, at those early stages, they have no idea what it'll look like, much less what options will be available and such.
I understand your frustrations, but design/research and marketing are on 2 different planets, and that's in every company...

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
All interior colors except black still don’t work for me. Anyone seeing anything different? Builder looks like it did on day 1 still

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
All interior colors except black still don’t work for me. Anyone seeing anything different? Builder looks like it did on day 1 still
Same shit different day for me....just black interior

OP
OP
musculike

musculike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Started working, at those early stages, they have no idea what it'll look like, much less what options will be available and such.
I understand your frustrations, but design/research and marketing are on 2 different planets, and that's in every company...
I totally get it; in a massive company like Ford what's likely happening is that the two teams are just totally out of sync and don't have the proper communication to coordinate, especially with the recent massive layoffs.

I just find it silly that we have dozens of photos of the cars now, full video reviews and looks at pretty much every angle of the car, and yet the builder doesn't reflect the changes. If I were Ford, working on the car for years and starting to schedule production, the first thing I would do is make sure that potential buyers could reasonably see what the car will look like on the website.

It's a bit better with that other website that another poster put up on the board earlier today, but even that one isn't a full builder. I guess at the end of the day it just comes down to mismanaged deadlines and poor internal communication

OP
OP
musculike

musculike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same shit different day for me....just black interior
Same here. Nor does racing stripes, PP, NP/BAP, or really any other visual change work in the builder. Not even the rims--you have to rely on the small images of the rims on the side panel. The only visual change that you can make in the builder as of now is the exterior color of the car; everything else doesn't work.

NotAMustangFanYet_011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not A Mustang
I think he was talking about more colored circles underneath the interior tab, indicating that there are interior colors available to choose from.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I think he was talking about more colored circles underneath the interior tab, indicating that there are interior colors available to choose from.
Thats always worked for me

NotAMustangFanYet_011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not A Mustang
They just updated the website, including the Site Builder. As of now, it is very buggy. But, the builder looks really nice, much better than they started off with.

S650 Mustang Ford Builder Site Updates? 1688024264843

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
It appears to be going up and down as well as changing over the last few hours. I’ve tried a few times where the builder won’t load. Then it has given me a new builder where it actually showed the change when adding the performance package, but reverted to the old default image if I selected certain options. At that time it gave the correct 480hp for the GT and 486 with active exhaust. Now it’s giving me the old builder again which states engine horsepower incorrectly at 450 hp.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Well they said June….just waiting till the last minute it seems….

OP
OP
musculike

musculike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It appears to be going up and down as well as changing over the last few hours. I’ve tried a few times where the builder won’t load. Then it has given me a new builder where it actually showed the change when adding the performance package, but reverted to the old default image if I selected certain options. At that time it gave the correct 480hp for the GT and 486 with active exhaust. Now it’s giving me the old builder again which states engine horsepower incorrectly at 450 hp.
What's likely happening is that they have the new builder update, and it's just taking a while for the update to propagate between the ford servers. When you refresh, you might be getting the info from a server that hasn't gotten the updates yet, or is in the middle of getting updates, and that's why you're seeing different versions.

Glad that the builder finally shows more detail though

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
seems to be working now after lots of glitching
S650 Mustang Ford Builder Site Updates? IMG_8680

S650 Mustang Ford Builder Site Updates? IMG_8681

S650 Mustang Ford Builder Site Updates? IMG_8683
Sponsored