• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I love the s650's exterior but...

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I do wish they had pushed the wheels to the corners a bit more. The slightly longer wheelbase on this racecar isn't a huge change, but it definitely looks better imo. Reducing the size of those overhangs makes the car look leaner, more modern and elegant imo. Some people may not even see what I'm on about, it's not a night and day difference, it's just a small improvement having a longer wheelbase imo. I'm sure they didn't go this route for engineering cost purposes.

S650 Mustang I love the s650's exterior but... 2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse

S650 Mustang I love the s650's exterior but... EV-11-22-1J1A0627-min-scaled-e1665023164358-750x468
Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The sharper "cut" of the lower rear fascia looks really good on the race car, as does the slight ducktail lip (though I wish it was integrated and not a tacked on piece).

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Are we sure it's actually a longer wheelbase? Looks more like a shortened front bumper than anything.

Pretty sure gt4 cars are limited in what they can do chassis wise besides safety equipment.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
I do wish they had pushed the wheels to the corners a bit more.
That would have required Ford to have developed an actually new generation. Which they obviously did not.

Last edited:

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
the simple reason is probably that regulations wont let them, V8 Supercars dont have to meet street spec so they can run the longer wheelbase/shorter front

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Wheelbase looks the same to me

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
the simple reason is probably that regulations wont let them, V8 Supercars dont have to meet street spec so they can run the longer wheelbase/shorter front
V8 Supercars are a standardised chassis and about the only thing they have in common with the road car are the lights. If you look closely at the 'Mustang' you will see it is just a pastiche of the real thing

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V8 Supercars are a standardised chassis and about the only thing they have in common with the road car are the lights. If you look closely at the 'Mustang' you will see it is just a pastiche of the real thing
thats changed majorly for the Gen 3 car theyre running now, they are still heavily modified and arent 1:1 but Ford and Chevy did push to make the cars look closer to real life compared to the last gen cars. but the same can be said for any series, no major racing series' cars are 1:1 with its roadgoing counterpart

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
thats changed majorly for the Gen 3 car theyre running now, they are still heavily modified and arent 1:1 but Ford and Chevy did push to make the cars look closer to real life compared to the last gen cars. but the same can be said for any series, no major racing series' cars are 1:1 with its roadgoing counterpart
But I think he's right. It's only a skin. I looked at the RTR 2024 Mustang race car in person, and I couldn't say anything was original, including the skin. It's just made to look similar on the outside. They are here, so they could say whether it has the original chassis or not.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But I think he's right. It's only a skin. I looked at the RTR 2024 Mustang race car in person, and I couldn't say anything was original, including the skin. It's just made to look similar on the outside. They are here, so they could say whether it has the original chassis or not.
yeah, i was referring to shape wise.

pretty much nothing is actually shared between race cars and road cars. at most itll be things like engine blocks (C8 GT3.R has the engine from the Z06, Mustang GT3 and Gen3 Supercar have a coyote block). but actual panels and a lot of actual parts are all custom fab to meet specific racing series' regulations. hell, Ford doesnt even MAKE the mustang GT3, its pretty much entirely carbon fiber made by Multimatic running a Ford engine.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I do wish they had pushed the wheels to the corners a bit more. The slightly longer wheelbase on this racecar isn't a huge change, but it definitely looks better imo. Reducing the size of those overhangs makes the car look leaner, more modern and elegant imo. Some people may not even see what I'm on about, it's not a night and day difference, it's just a small improvement having a longer wheelbase imo. I'm sure they didn't go this route for engineering cost purposes.

2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse.jpg

EV-11-22-1J1A0627-min-scaled-e1665023164358-750x468.jpg
Wheelbase is the same. Looks to be a shorter vehicle. Look at the space on the inside of the wheelbase and not the outside