• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Love the car, but I have 2 big disappointments

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
I do believe a film is left on the screen (under the initial protective shipping plastic) from the factory to protect the occupant and prevent head impact injuries as well as to prevent projectiles, glass shards being dispersed during a dynamic event... mostly regulatory
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I do believe a film is left on the screen (under the initial protective shipping plastic) from the factory to protect the occupant and prevent head impact injuries as well as to prevent projectiles, glass shards being dispersed during a dynamic event... mostly regulatory
I don't see this on mine. I'm not saying someone else didn't remove it (e.g., during PDI or vehicle prep), but when I installed my screen protector last night, I saw no evidence of a second plastic film or overlay (above and beyond the first one that has words on it).

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
I don't see this on mine. I'm not saying someone else didn't remove it (e.g., during PDI or vehicle prep), but when I installed my screen protector last night, I saw no evidence of a second plastic film or overlay (above and beyond the first one that has words on it).
I don't doubt your user case because this is definitely something easily missed or potentially removed. Mine still has it.
Sponsored