• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Love the car, but I have 2 big disappointments

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
I am just past the two-week mark and am loving just about everything on the car. But, I do have 2 huge disappointments.

The first, because it is more impactful on a daily basis, is that the touch screen is plastic, not glass. And, it scratches very easily. I already have 2 permanent fingerprints on the screen where the home and back buttons are and one starting on the Home Screen where you choose the current source or phone. It looks like even the microfiber towel I was using to clean off regular fingerprints is putting fine scratches across the whole screen. I don't notice it much with the top up, but when the top is down and the sun shines in, they are quite obvious. Only 15 days in and this happened! My 2015 was 9 years old and didn't have a scratch. What is this going to look like in 1 or 2 years? Very disappointing! If anyone has suggestions for cleaning that won't scratch or repairs, please reply.

The second disappointment will occur less often, but is none the less very disappointing. With the top down, when I pass 85mph, the windshield shutters violently. Not just the glass, but the entire structure from the A-pillars right down to the rearview mirror. I have the strut tower brace and I believe all Verts have the sub-brace and still this shuttering. My 2015 was rock-solid with the top down to at least 120mph. Never really tried to get her past that. No idea why this would be. The structure of the car is virtually the same from the S550 to S650 so why this development. Again, if anyone has some input here, would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TripleshotMcC

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My screen feels like glass and cleans up easily, is the protective plastic layer still on maybe?
No, the plastic was removed. I try to keep my finger clean and dust-free, but it still has marks that won't wipe off, they are micro-scratches. And the rest of the screen now has some micro-scratches too. It is not glass for sure.

What are you using to clean your screen?

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt

s650.j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I do also want to add that there are screen protectors out for it. I installed mine 2 weeks in and havent had any issues:thumbsup:

OP
OP
TripleshotMcC

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My screen feels like glass and cleans up easily, is the protective plastic layer still on maybe?
What
I do also want to add that there are screen protectors out for it. I installed mine 2 weeks in and havent had any issues:thumbsup:
Where do we order the screen protectors and can you send a picture or 2?

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
I sold my car 2 years later with the protective "peel here yellow corner" still on the display. :)

Just get a tablet screen protector of approximate size. Or quit touching it like some neandrathal. :) That's what voice commands are for, supposedly.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
The screen is not plastic, it’s glass all the way across. You either have the plastic still on there or you’ve had something on your fingers that has etched the glass.
Try rubbing alcohol/water mix or a glass cleaner and microfiber towel using little to no pressure. Even the softest microfiber will scratch with pressure.

Below us from an automotive write up

The Mustang graduates from the Sync 3 to the Sync 4 infotainment system, and every model comes with a 12.4-inch digital instrument cluster and a 13.2-inch touchscreen that can be combined under a single piece of glass

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
These screens are cheap to make for the manufacturers and people buy them because they are used to them from their phones but in cars I find them very distracting and I think manufacturers should make them touch free…Have a button or joystick to operate them to keep scratches and greasy paw prints 🐾 off 👍I guess Tesla started it and others followed like Lemmings…😖

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...