• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Love the car, but I have 2 big disappointments

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I am just past the two-week mark and am loving just about everything on the car. But, I do have 2 huge disappointments.

The first, because it is more impactful on a daily basis, is that the touch screen is plastic, not glass. And, it scratches very easily. I already have 2 permanent fingerprints on the screen where the home and back buttons are and one starting on the Home Screen where you choose the current source or phone. It looks like even the microfiber towel I was using to clean off regular fingerprints is putting fine scratches across the whole screen. I don't notice it much with the top up, but when the top is down and the sun shines in, they are quite obvious. Only 15 days in and this happened! My 2015 was 9 years old and didn't have a scratch. What is this going to look like in 1 or 2 years? Very disappointing! If anyone has suggestions for cleaning that won't scratch or repairs, please reply.

The second disappointment will occur less often, but is none the less very disappointing. With the top down, when I pass 85mph, the windshield shutters violently. Not just the glass, but the entire structure from the A-pillars right down to the rearview mirror. I have the strut tower brace and I believe all Verts have the sub-brace and still this shuttering. My 2015 was rock-solid with the top down to at least 120mph. Never really tried to get her past that. No idea why this would be. The structure of the car is virtually the same from the S550 to S650 so why this development. Again, if anyone has some input here, would be much appreciated.
https://theocdplug.com/search?q=s65...ance&filter.p.m.custom.compatible_models=S650
Sponsored

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
The screen is not plastic, it’s glass all the way across. You either have the plastic still on there or you’ve had something on your fingers that has etched the glass.
Try rubbing alcohol/water mix or a glass cleaner and microfiber towel using little to no pressure. Even the softest microfiber will scratch with pressure.

Below us from an automotive write up

The Mustang graduates from the Sync 3 to the Sync 4 infotainment system, and every model comes with a 12.4-inch digital instrument cluster and a 13.2-inch touchscreen that can be combined under a single piece of glass
https://theocdplug.com/collections/mustang/products/mustang-s550-screenprotector

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I got my screen protector for the non premium GT off of LMR. They have one for the big screen as well. Did it to help keep my screens look clean and avoid scratches like you would with a cellphone.

https://lmr.com/item/OCD-S650DUAL/mustang-screen-protector-dual-display-2024

https://lmr.com/item/OCD-S650LGD/mustang-screen-protector-dual-display-2024
So how are you liking the screen protectors so far? Would you say the clarify of the screens is as good or better with the protectors compared to without them? Also I wonder if we really need a protector for the main screen in front of the driver? That one isn't touch screen correct but maybe it's still a good idea?

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
So how are you liking the screen protectors so far? Would you say the clarify of the screens is as good or better with the protectors compared to without them? Also I wonder if we really need a protector for the main screen in front of the driver? That one isn't touch screen correct but maybe it's still a good idea?
so far it’s not bad at all, it is a matte finish so it reduces glare although I never had any issue with seeing anything before the screen protector, it does help keep finger prints to a minimum or not as noticeable at least to me. I do agree regarding the main screen for the driver I was debating if I wanted to put it on mainly because that screen never gets touched. I may take it off or leave it on. They don’t affect how clear it is at all so that’s a plus.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
so far it’s not bad at all, it is a matte finish so it reduces glare although I never had any issue with seeing anything before the screen protector, it does help keep finger prints to a minimum or not as noticeable at least to me. I do agree regarding the main screen for the driver I was debating if I wanted to put it on mainly because that screen never gets touched. I may take it off or leave it on. They don’t affect how clear it is at all so that’s a plus.
Thanks for the feedback. I see someone else posted a link to a single protector for the center screen for sale on Amazon. I recognize the company as I have used their products on phone's before so I might give the single one a try.

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks for the feedback. I see someone else posted a link to a single protector for the center screen for sale on Amazon. I recognize the company as I have used their products on phone's before so I might give the single one a try.
Yeah for sure you definitely would want the actual touchscreen. I don’t really see the purpose for the other one since nobody will be touching it. Unless you want it to look all the uniformed then I’d understand that haha

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Yeah for sure you definitely would want the actual touchscreen. I don’t really see the purpose for the other one since nobody will be touching it. Unless you want it to look all the uniformed then I’d understand that haha
Yeah that's a good point about wanting it to look uniform but really I wonder if anyone else besides me would notice, lol. I guess it's possible the other screen could get damaged when you clean it if you use the wrong cloth, etc or something was stuck to the screen that smeared and scratched it when you clean it. So I guess maybe having both protected isn't the worth idea :)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
https://a.co/d/5474MWv

Another option, no experience with it. Not sure how it would look with your premium screens.
I just measured the right side of the premium screen in the car. The actual rectangle "touch" area (darker screen behind the glass) is 13.2" corner to corner, just like the protector indicates. There is additional glass above and to the side of the rectangle.

I think it will look just fine if it is perfectly covering the touch area. I just ordered one.

Last edited:

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD
I just measured the right side of the premium screen in the car. The actual rectangle "touch" area (darker screen behind the glass) is 13.2" corner to corner, just like the protector indicates. There is additional glass above and to the side of the rectangle.

I think it will look just fine if it is perfectly covering the touch area. I just ordered one.
I have one sitting in my cart, but we are probably a month out from our delivery. Just a 301A, so it should fit perfect for us. If you happen to remember, follow up and let us know how it works out and if you’re happy with it? Spigen makes good phone products so I have high hopes for this screen protector.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The first, because it is more impactful on a daily basis, is that the touch screen is plastic, not glass. And, it scratches very easily.
If you look closely, there’s a screen protector on both screens that is plastic. You can really see it on a sunny day.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

I received this last week. Will be making some time to install soon.

OP
OP
TripleshotMcC

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
If you look closely, there’s a screen protector on both screens that is plastic. You can really see it on a sunny day.
So you believe there is a screen protector that is below that big sheet of plastic with the "pull here" tab on it when I took delivery? I have removed that big oversized plastic, but didn't know that there was another plastic screen protector from the factory on the glass. No one ever said to remove that. I did install the Anchor Room protector in non-matte and it looks good, a slight orange peel texture is visible but not to the touch. Seems to work just fine.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So you believe there is a screen protector that is below that big sheet of plastic with the "pull here" tab on it when I took delivery? I have removed that big oversized plastic, but didn't know that there was another plastic screen protector from the factory on the glass. No one ever said to remove that. I did install the Anchor Room protector in non-matte and it looks good, a slight orange peel texture is visible but not to the touch. Seems to work just fine.
I don't have a "pull here" tab. I see plastic rectangles that are glued onto both screens, I can scrape it with my thumb nail....
Sponsored