• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
Your signature says you own 6 cars. Why not just sell one?

For people who really need a mustang over anything else, a $31k Ecoboost is still a great car for the money.

I don't know why you put inflation in quotes. It's very real and affecting prices of everything.

A base mustang in 1964 would be about $23k today. Lower than today's base sure. But you're missing out on decades of safety features, tech, creature comforts, handling, power, reliability, etc.

The real problem isn't the mustangs price, it's the stagnation of pay raises compared to increasing inflation.
ive updated my signature....yes i did sell one. the 2015. its helping to pay for the new 2023 Bronco sport.

as shogun said inflation is subjective.... COLA is roughly 1%-2% in some areas....others higher, others lower, but if your inflation is 20%-25% that is not inflation, that is what he calls "theft"....big difference.
ive never seen (because im 51) the national inflation of 20% as quoted from "trading economics"

Inflation Rate in the United States averaged 3.30 percent from 1914 until 2023, reaching an all time high of 23.70 percent in June of 1920 and a record low of -15.80 percent in June of 1921.

yes prices are going up and raises are not.
Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I'll put my 2 cents in.

I don't think the S650 will have the same bump in sales that the S550 by volume from 2014 to 2015. I do think that it will by a percentage however. I think you could see a 40-50% sales bump from 45-50K units to 60-80K units for the 2024 calendar year once production ramps up fully.

As others have posted, the market is shrinking, with Camaro bowing out shortly and Dodge elimating the V8 powered Challenger. The Mustang will be the only option out there. The other manufacturers are leaving because the business case to invest in the Pony car market isn't as lucrative as it was 15-20 years ago. We've slowly seen a migration of people who want a "fun car" to the Wrangler/Bronco world as that market has grown significantly as the Coupe/Convertible market has shrunk.

As others have posted the car isn't getting any cheaper. That is happening to the new car market as a whole and I believe a lot of consumers are getting priced out of the new car market and can live with a nice pre-owned pony car (or car in general).

The S650 is also evolutionary in nature and not revolutionary. A revolutionary product like the 2004-2005 Mustang change, 2014 to 2015 Mustang change or the C7 to C8 Corvetter is much more expensive, but can garner a lot more excitement. From what we've seen on retail orders, the demand is good and there are a lot of people excited about the product, but there aren't people dying to sell their Mach 1s, GT500s, etc to jump into a S650, like you likely see at a Chevy store where people are leaving their C7 to jump into a C8.

Zach

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
Yes

Even secondhand they sell quickly. I’ve had eleven S550 GT FB & Conv and they are hot property

I’ve got another S550 coming this month (GB GT FB) while waiting for S650 GB GT early 2024

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
Distraction? The digital screens are the attraction for me. If it had the new body and the same or very close to the current dash I wouldn't have ordered one.
I agree. I was just going by the main complaint to the new model. Im all in no looking back.

SWPHX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
I have been wondering this for quite a while. Every new generation of the mustang has seen a large boost in sales compared to the generation before. Considering that last year was record low sales, and I do not expect 2023 to sell much more.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 8.23.41 AM.png

From 2014 to 2015 we saw about 40k more sales. If that were to stay the same, we would have about 80 to 90k sales. That would be the worst selling generation of mustang, questioning whether a new generation was the right choice. I know it was, but still...

I do not expect the S650 to sell more than 100-110k. There is one way it can have better sales than 2015, and that would be if it attracts all of the people who were to buy the challenger and camaro.
I think simply based on the factor of gasoline engines being phased out...they will sell well!
Sponsored