• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How’s your gas mileage?

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
On new ones they say don’t use cruise control for first 1000 miles
I instinctively use the cruse control however I am only 3 miles from work. Of that distance I can only use it for about a mile at 45 miles per hour. There will be plenty of driving at various speeds during that first 1000 miles. Even with the mild climate during the winter the engine barely hits normal operating temperature.
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Dropping here with no commentary.
From online 2024 Mustang Owners Manual.

Breaking-In

Your vehicle requires a break-in period. For the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km), avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow. During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.
also feels bad since ive hit 151 mph in mine already 1 time, the only time i have held it to the floor so far. im sure its fine, the car still purrs like a kitten lol

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I instinctively use the cruse control however I am only 3 miles from work. Of that distance I can only use it for about a mile at 45 miles per hour. There will be plenty of driving at various speeds during that first 1000 miles. Even with the mild climate during the winter the engine barely hits normal operating temperature.
I did see too it’s 1000 highway miles and 100 city driving.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
we need as a whole to start a petition to get our strut cross brace GT badges, i included have seen a lot of people saying they are missing that badge.
uh... we're not talking about a badge here...

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
uh... we're not talking about a badge here...
No but, figured it would be good to rile everyone up in how ford keeps leaving shit out on us, I want my damn .10c plastic badge 😂 as well as I wanted to know the break in protocol on the day the manual dropped

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Gas mileage is something you almost can't compare to others.
Weather, elevation, fueltype, duration of driving, highway miles, city miles, traffic and the weight of your right foot is all in the mix.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
not sure exactly but I noticed the dealer put around 10 miles on it and averaged about 7mpg... 🤔

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
not sure exactly but I noticed the dealer put around 10 miles on it and averaged about 7mpg... 🤔
They definitely took it out for a joy ride and floored it a bunch lol. RIP your break in period.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
If they are like my dealer, they let the car run at idle for a while as they do other checks. They tell me it's to charge the battery and prevent battery run down while doing the PDI. I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No but, figured it would be good to rile everyone up in how ford keeps leaving shit out on us, I want my damn .10c plastic badge 😂 as well as I wanted to know the break in protocol on the day the manual dropped
I admit that this badge, though not super important, being left out feels like a "cheap shot" on Ford's part...

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I didn't get the this car to beat a Prius, that said, I am a hypermiler, and I'll post my MPG once I get my car. Once every 2 months or so I get to travel across Florida around 190 miles to St. Pete on interstate roads that average 60mph with a relatively level route. I am aiming for 26mpg. I don't plan to save the world, but if I can minimize my gas stops, I'll consider that a win.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
I just cracked 450 mikes on my Mustang GT yesterday. It’s been a combo of local driving with a bit of highway mileage. Yesterday I made a roughly 160 mile round trip drive that was primarily two lane highways. When I got home I looked at my average gas mileage and I was sitting at 20.8. Frankly I’m really happy with that number.
That's about what I get on my 2016 F-150, 3.5 Ecoboost...

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
... and I'd be surprised if authentic NASCAR Mustang drivers really give a hoot how many mpg they're getting.
At 200 mph, you have more important concerns...

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
... and I'd be surprised if authentic NASCAR Mustang drivers really give a hoot how many mpg they're getting.
At 200 mph, you have more important concerns...
On this forum no. On the track....many races have been won on fuel mileage.
Sponsored