• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Have we really seen everything of the S650 yet?

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Hey guys,

I don't know why, but my feeling tells me that we have not seen all the technical specs or details of the S650 (especially Darhk Horse) yet apart from the obvious. I watched some review on YouTube, but I think they still hold an embargo of what to address and what not.

The cars will be ready to order by summer 2023 in the US and later in Europe. So the first cars won't be on the street before 2024 and it is weird that between the launch of the car and being abe to order/drive, it will take another 12-15 months.

I therefore hope that we will still see more details to come (obviously the price tag and performance date), but also small technical/innovative details that we have not seen so far.

Who know what adjustment needs to be made (i.w. CO2 emissions or others) and maybe Ford needs to modify in between..... so far the car we have seen is a pre production prototype.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Last edited:

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Hey guys,

I don't know why, but my feeling tells me that we have not seen all the technical specs or details of the S650 (especially Darhk Horse) yet apart from the obvious. I watched some review on YouTube, but I think they still hold an embargo of what to address and what not.

The cars will be ready to order by summer 2023 in the US and later in Europe. So the first cars won't be on the street before 2024 and it is weird that between the launch of the car and being abe to order/drive, it will take another 12-15 months.

I therefore hope that we will still see more details to come (obviously the price tag and performance date), but also small technical/innovative details that we have not seen so far.

Who know what adjustment needs to be made (i.w. CO2 emissions or others) and maybe Ford needs to modify in between..... so far the car we have seen is a pre production prototype.

What do you guys think?
The S650 is supposed to be out next summer, not ordering open then.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
2024 maybe on German roads but certainly not in the US. The car will be shipped closely after the first order was made.

Besides, our European version is still somewhat in the shadows as we still don't know for sure how the EU homologation will turn out. We'll most likely get the big and ugly mirrors, no led lights other than front and back lights (most certainly not as bright as the ones in the US) und an OPF. We might miss out on a dew technical features such as lane assist or BLIS as well. We don't know for sure. At this point almost everything underneith the sheet metal looks like a slightly updated S550 but we/I could be wrong. I just have a bad feeling that FORD didn't simply cut corners but refused do anything but some exterior styling and an interior refresh...

Some might be able to provide additional input but your question should be slightly more precise ;)

By the way what do you expect by stating "hold an embargo" on something?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
There won't be an embargo, as Ford won't have finalised certain details themselves yet (MPG/Co2/HP/Torque etc).

We'll get these details shortly before the car goes on sale in the US (likely Spring) and on the roads for the Summer.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
There won't be an embargo, as Ford won't have finalised certain details themselves yet (MPG/Co2/HP/Torque etc).

We'll get these details shortly before the car goes on sale in the US (likely Spring) and on the roads for the Summer.
You are making an assumption that chip shortage and supply chain issues will all be gone by that time and it does not look like they will be. Ford is struggling in getting Ford badges for the F150 and those trucks are high margin products compare to the mustang.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/31/...p-shortage-tsmc-samsung-ps5-decoder-interview

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I can make another assumption.........Ford might be holding back chips for S650 to ensure they can build a decent number. We know the '23MY will be a short one and my assumption (again) is that they'll ensure they cover any '22MY orders that couldn't be fulfilled, and then produce a very limited number of '23MY cars.

'22MY was the lowest number of Mustang built in 58 years. I think '23MY will be lower still.

But this is 2022, so who knows what's next around the corner to sucker punch us all!
Sponsored