• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Has anyone concrete news about EUROPE avaiability of S650 ?

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Physically break or disable the little speaker that generates the ping maybe?
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I checked my other video, it seems like there is a setting for the intelligent speed limiter in the Mustang. Will be interesting if you can turn it off completely or if it switched back on every time.
S650 Mustang Has anyone concrete news about EUROPE avaiability of S650 ? 1711015978230-03

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
You got it, it's the speed assist thing that all cars in europe must have from this year on. It's warning you when you are over the speed limit with an annoying *PING*. But guess what, the limit when the car is doing that is not set to 20 kmh above limit... or 10... or 5... or even 3... When you are just 1 little single kmh over the limit the car constantly beeps at you. ALL - THE - F***ING - TIME! *PING* *PING* *PING* *PING* Haven't seen an option to turn it off.

Everybody knows gauges are just not spot on how fast you drive really, if you got a 50 kmh zone you can easily drive 55 kmh with your actual speed being about 50 kmh measured by GPS then. So why is this stupid system so freaking strict? It's doesnt do anything for safety and god knows how much years it will take until some EU smartass got the bright idea if the car already has all data for it, why not automically write you up for speeding?

I will write up my full impression this evening when you video launches
I think I saw a video from a US model where you could set the margin (10, 20 above etc.) from which it starts doing that, it's in the menu in the driving assist categories I think.

at 34:50 he also turns it completely off

Reactions: Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The difference is that ISA is mandatory for EU cars, so we will have to see if you can turn it off completely as easy as in US models

Zbychersky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DH MT6 + Recaro
The difference is that ISA is mandatory for EU cars, so we will have to see if you can turn it off completely as easy as in US models
I suspect that, unfortunately, this will have to be switched off every time the car is started. For example in my VW Tiguan R 2021 Lane Assist has to be switched off every time, fortunately it takes 1 minute to switch it off forever via OBDEleven. I hope that in the Ford case this will be possible with Forscan.

GeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting GT
In the newer manual for Ford Transit (see previous page) it is at last mentioned that you can disable the chime permanently and the system itself by pressing a button on the steering wheel (until engine restart). This is a solution I could live with. I just called my dealer but he said that there is none manual available currently sadly. I also wrote General Ford EU Customer Support, let's see if they will have an answer.

Zbychersky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DH MT6 + Recaro
In the newer manual for Ford Transit (see previous page) it is at last mentioned that you can disable the chime permanently and the system itself by pressing a button on the steering wheel (until engine restart). This is a solution I could live with. I just called my dealer but he said that there is none manual available currently sadly. I also wrote General Ford EU Customer Support, let's see if they will have an answer.
Yes I know but car isn't a plane. I want to start the engine and go. I don't want waste time for disabling lane assist, start stop, speed chime and so on ... It is literally frustrating. I hope that Forscan will do the job.

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Great video Ace :), that intelligent speed limiter though :curse:... would be really stupid if the parameter would reset to default by every restart... I guess we will have to see how the off function works. It seems every car manufacturer has another way of going about this. But most say that the system resets after every start... Kind of a stupid thing to do every time you need to restart the car. Unless we can map the favorite button to it (the one with the star, on the physical button ribbon near the start engine button)

Last edited:

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
The button bottom left on the left cluster on the steering wheel is the toggle for it. Should toggle between intelligent, fixed, cruise control and off.

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
Thank you for the video ACE, could you put english or spanish subtitles? :p

Tell us your impressions of driving it and what differences you see with the S550 EU.

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
The button bottom left on the left cluster on the steering wheel is the toggle for it. Should toggle between intelligent, fixed, cruise control and off.
exactly or so it works on my parents' VW golf for example. But yes indeed the law says it has to be easily disabled without having to go through n menus. So the button for the cruise control must have different modes. 🙏

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Thank you for the video ACE, could you put english or spanish subtitles? :p

Tell us your impressions of driving it and what differences you see with the S550 EU.
Open it up in youtube, enable auto generated CC and it should offer you realtime translation. It's not perfect but it's close enough (in english at least)
exactly or so it works on my parents' VW golf for example. But yes indeed the law says it has to be easily disabled without having to go through n menus. So the button for the cruise control must have different modes. 🙏
Hopefully i'm only going via the online manual which says the vin filter isn't working so it gives me the manual for all S650's including american.
I do wonder if UK models will have it enforced as well, if not it might actually be something useful at last from brexit.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Yeah I cant add manual subtitles, that would take hours. Automatic subtitles should work quite ok I think, at least my experience with it was fine.

To my impressions. Positives:
  • Handling seems slightly improved over Gen6 refresh. It felt like it definitely had less bodyroll and can be driven quite sporty without problems or a desire to mod the car as soon as you pick it up.
  • Traction with the new Pzeros is surpringly great even on the wet roads I had when driving. At no time the car lost traction even when pushing it a bit harder (of course the car was brand new so I didnt went full rpm)
  • screens give the car a very modern upgrade compared to Gen 6 refresh, they looks really nice when driving
  • View on the hood is great now since the front is raised a bit
  • Sound is the same as we love it, even in tour mode you could always hear the Coyote do it's work when pressing slightly on the throttle
  • New steering wheel is a huge upgrades, makes the car feels much more premium and doesn't leave the desire for aftermarket steering wheels anymore.
  • Couldn't replicate the soft steering wheel US reviewers mentioned, steering feel was nice. Maybe EU model is tuned differently here?
Negatives:
  • RPM gauge in sport mode is placed badly and hard to read at a glance, since it's moved too far into the lower left corner to me
  • the freaking beeping at speed limit, but as discussed hopefully there's a setting to turn it off
Overall I would trade any S550 or Camaro6 for it. Would maybe about some Steeda upgrades later since the Mach 1 Q767 really left it's mark on me how awesome it handled. Sure the car is no big revolution, but a really nice step up you can expect after 6 years of S550 refresh. Am really looking forward to drive a Dark Horse which should even handle better

And I don't care about power numbers on paper, we will have to wait for first drag races with EU models how good it actually accelerates. Mustang is a pony car that is easy to live with even with family first to me. Would be the perfect daily driver to me, so maybe when my C8 is paid off in some years I will consider it.

Last edited:

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Great video Ace, thanks a lot!
Regarding the subtitles, when I set them in Italian it's a complete mess, while in English it becomes fully understandable, so no problem at all with that.

I've tested a Gt as well and I agree on everything you said, even though mine was the us version. Well worth the upgrade in my opinion.

I need to trust you regarding the sound though, cause from my headphones the s550 still sounds noticeably better in comparison for some reason🤔 Do we know if the Dark Horse is going to sound different from the Gt? And when are you going to drive one for us?😜

Is it possible to separate the driving mode form the suspension setting? Like tour mode with suspensions in track mode?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Tebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Fantastic video @Ace !! I could see an isofix on one side, hoping to have a Second one upon delivery.
S650 Mustang Has anyone concrete news about EUROPE avaiability of S650 ? IMG_4610

Question for the experts: would you install an H Pipe from the get go or wait until break in / warranty expiration?
Sponsored