• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Has anyone concrete news about EUROPE avaiability of S650 ?

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
Yes I did drive it on saturday for about an hour, tested all modes, and recorded everything. Was travelling the last few days to bring my C8 to a tuner, so will have to work a few evenings on the video before it can go live.

I will write up the most important stuff in english for you when my video is done. As a little spoiler I was overall positively surprised, but one small thing was so annoying as hell (maybe even a dealbreaker to me) that I hope it can be fixed by the aftermarket somehow
Waiting to your impressions... this annoying thing ...
Sponsored

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
hum a dealbreaker which could/might be fixed by aftermarket 🤔. Is it a GT specific thing or might impact the Dark Horses as well?

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
The front wheel holes where dust and rust grows I guess…
ah yes saw that in a video, you have gravel and water which gets thrown in there by the tires. The guy created a DIY cover to plug the hole.

Let's see what Ace tells us

GeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting GT
The front wheel holes where dust and rust grows I guess…

edit: in case you want to know more about it: https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/front-inner-wheel-well-issues.158833/post-3263639
This, or maybe the new "Intelligent Speed Assistance"-System. At least I couldn't find any documentation about how it works in the new Mustang. Worst case could be that it limits your maximum or actively decrease your speed based on whatever the "intelligence" recognises.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
This, or maybe the new "Intelligent Speed Assistance"-System. At least I couldn't find any documentation about how it works in the new Mustang. Worst case could be that it limits your maximum or actively decrease your speed based on whatever the "intelligence" recognises.
You got it, it's the speed assist thing that all cars in europe must have from this year on. It's warning you when you are over the speed limit with an annoying *PING*. But guess what, the limit when the car is doing that is not set to 20 kmh above limit... or 10... or 5... or even 3... When you are just 1 little single kmh over the limit the car constantly beeps at you. ALL - THE - F***ING - TIME! *PING* *PING* *PING* *PING* Haven't seen an option to turn it off.

Everybody knows gauges are just not spot on how fast you drive really, if you got a 50 kmh zone you can easily drive 55 kmh with your actual speed being about 50 kmh measured by GPS then. So why is this stupid system so freaking strict? It's doesnt do anything for safety and god knows how much years it will take until some EU smartass got the bright idea if the car already has all data for it, why not automically write you up for speeding?

I will write up my full impression this evening when you video launches

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
From the manual it is a steering wheel button, i suspect it'll be a default on with every key start thanks to EU rules. Hopefully the UK cars will be different but unlikely.
Also attached the tolerance settings from the manual

Out of interest what are the first few digits of your vin ..

Mine is going to be 1FATP8E
The 1FA is Ford America, the T is body style (can be convertible or 2 door saloon from what i've found on older vins) and the P8E is model type but the E doesn't exist in USA models. Could be for Europe or RHD

S650 Mustang Has anyone concrete news about EUROPE avaiability of S650 ? Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 23.57.49

S650 Mustang Has anyone concrete news about EUROPE avaiability of S650 ? Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 00.05.01

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
From the manual it is a steering wheel button, i suspect it'll be a default on with every key start thanks to EU rules. Hopefully the UK cars will be different but unlikely.
Also attached the tolerance settings from the manual

Out of interest what are the first few digits of your vin ..

Mine is going to be 1FATP8E
The 1FA is Ford America, the T is body style (can be convertible or 2 door saloon from what i've found on older vins) and the P8E is model type but the E doesn't exist in USA models. Could be for Europe or RHD

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 23.57.49.png

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 00.05.01.png

Mine is 1FATP8R.... (Spain)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
To my understanding this is how the car will adjust it's own speed to speed limits if you use the cruise control. The beeping from going over the limit should be unaffected by this

From Fords website:
"The Intelligent Speed Limiter was developed to improve the adjustable speed limiter. When this option is activated, the system automatically adjusts the maximum speed to the speed detected by the traffic sign recognition system."

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Mine is 1FATP8R.... (Spain)
I'm glad i'm not the only Dark horse with a T then.

To my understanding this is how the car will adjust it's own speed to speed limits if you use the cruise control. The beeping from going over the limit should be unaffected by this

From Fords website:
"The Intelligent Speed Limiter was developed to improve the adjustable speed limiter. When this option is activated, the system automatically adjusts the maximum speed to the speed detected by the traffic sign recognition system."
There are a few pages in the manual about it from switching between speed limiter, intelligent (adaptive) limiter and cruise control.
It does also mention about setting tolerances hopefully means you can set it at more than a 1k ping.
Does it throttle cut or just ping ?

GeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting GT
I know this is more hypothetical, but I think the system we are searching for is rather something called "Traffic Sign Recognition", see for example the manual for the new Ford Transit (only 2024 manual I found in DE/ENG on Ford European Websites and a car that at least hast Sync4 as well):

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...U&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...R&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

It says:
"Setting the Traffic Sign Recognition Speed Warning
You can set the system speed warning to alert you when the vehicle speed exceeds the speed limit recognized by the system.

1. Press Features on the touchscreen.
  2. Press Driver Assistance.
  3. Press Speed Limit Assist.
  4. Switch Speed Warning on or off.
S650 Mustang Has anyone concrete news about EUROPE avaiability of S650 ? {filename}
Press and hold the button to temporarily switch the speed warning off.
Note: The speed warning turns on automatically after every ignition cycle.
Setting the Traffic Sign Recognition Chime for Speed Limit Change

1. Press Features on the touchscreen.
  2. Press Driver Assistance.
  3. Press Speed Limit Assist.
  4. Switch Chime for Speed Limit Change on or off.
Note: The system remembers the last setting when you start your vehicle."

Sounds at least a bit promising. Any chance that you could contact your dealer Ace, and ask for some clarification? I will write mine in the meantime as well if he has any information or already a manual available. Would be great if anybody who has an active european order could do the same!

Best Regards
Sebastian

Tebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
If this “feature” is camera based, I’m willing to tape it and lose all camera related features along with it.

GeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting GT
They you have a warning signal that the system is inoperable :crackup:

I hope there is a way to disable that sound, I currently have a bad gut feeling about preordering the mustang blindly. Should have listen to my earlier feeling and buy a S550 :(
Sponsored