• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
So at £65k this Dark Horse is going to be £10k over the Mach 1 (but have same bhp?), and nearly twice the price of the original 2015 Mustang GTs! Am I missing something? Serious question, can this be justified other than just to say prices have increased/inflation? What will the Dark Horse bring over the Mach 1, bearing in mind we don’t get the handling pack.
My initial thoughts would be that if you have £65k burning a hole in your pocket, import a Shelby from US?

Piotr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
I'm quite surprised that you weren't aware of the extent to which they modified it for the European market before making your purchase. The reduction in power is just one small aspect. My guess is that there are other significant changes. I suspect it's similar to the situation with the Mach1, likely featuring a longer rear axle ratio of 3.55 and lacking a torsen differential. Considering that, might be better off opting for the Mustang GT instead of the Dark Horse.

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
I can but it’s in french!

image.jpg
I don't speak French but looks like that the Recaro are available as an option for both the GT and the Dark Horse,right?

Thanks for the info btw!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
So at £65k this Dark Horse is going to be £10k over the Mach 1 (but have same bhp?), and nearly twice the price of the original 2015 Mustang GTs! Am I missing something? Serious question, can this be justified other than just to say prices have increased/inflation? What will the Dark Horse bring over the Mach 1, bearing in mind we don’t get the handling pack.
My initial thoughts would be that if you have £65k burning a hole in your pocket, import a Shelby from US?
The Mach 1 in Germany with all options available is at 73K€. Looking at the DH prices in €, it will be around 75K€ with the extras. So i don't see a difference of 10K at all.

I went to the UK Ford page and a fully equipped Mach 1 is at 66K pounds. I don't where you get the 55K from. Maybe thats a heavily discounted price you got offered or there are promotions going around so that Ford can sell those in stock.

In both cases I am referring to the retail prices / RRP from the manufacturer.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
According to my local dealer, prices for Germany will be released beginning of February and order takes will be end of March. (to be confirmed)

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
The Mach 1 in Germany with all options available is at 73K€. Looking at the DH prices in €, it will be around 75K€ with the extras. So i don't see a difference of 10K at all.

I went to the UK Ford page and a fully equipped Mach 1 is at 66K pounds. I don't where you get the 55K from. Maybe thats a heavily discounted price you got offered or there are promotions going around so that Ford can sell those in stock.

In both cases I am referring to the retail prices / RRP from the manufacturer.
When the Mach 1 was released it was £55k RRP, im not sure what you are looking at as Ford does not sell the Mach 1 new anymore.
The Dark Horse is expected to be around £65k, so there’s the £10k difference.
Sponsored