• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Premium with Performance Pack

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Took delivery of my car last Thursday, I have to say I’m disappointed so far. Main reasons are due to the damage found after dealer supposedly did PDI. They did t install the air deflectors, locking lug nuts or the tow hook. There are four panels on my car that have chips and/or gouge that will require paint work. Of course they’re blaming shipping and will contact me when the can schedule it in. The are going to do the work off site at a shop they said they own that is located about an hour away. I asked them if they were going to trailer the car there, he said no they would drive it. I said absolutely not! The car has 110 miles on it so it’s not out of break in period and I don’t want someone driving the crap out of my car for an hour. He said he would relay that to his manager. I’m so sick and tired of the games these dealers play, this entire process has been less than enjoyable and exciting. Has anyone else had issues like this? Also, if you have the performance pack, is the emblem missing in the middle of your strut brace and all you have are the three holes staring at you? We looked at three others on the lot and neither of them had them installed either. On a positive note, it rides good.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
They did away with the emblem on the brace, none of them have it.

Mine has the performance package and the factory didn't put the right chin/spoiler under the front bumper, they gave me the regular one.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mine has the performance package and the factory didn't put the right chin/spoiler under the front bumper, they gave me the regular one.
So we just have these ugly holes staring at us when we open the hood? Looks like shit! Which chin spoiler is it suppose to have? Mine doesn’t look like it’s any different than non PP cars

71614341222__587093C3-FE8E-4210-B405-5BDD1EAD3082.jpeg

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You’ve got to be kidding me… Way to save 30 cents, Ford!

EDIT: I just checked the two drive reviews MotorTrend has uploaded (GT and Dark Horse), and the Dark Horse has an emblem on the strut tower brace, but the GT did not. 🙄

Last edited:

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So we just have these ugly holes staring at us when we open the hood? Looks like shit! Which chin spoiler is it suppose to have? Mine doesn’t look like it’s any different than non PP cars
Here is the difference between PP and regular chins. They gave me regular, which is wrong.
We're talking about the lower black , unpainted plastic part only here.

ad7cc2f0-0d4e-4c66-abd2-820768d18232.jpg

img-2033-jpg-64bec5598090f.jpg

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
It sucks about the tower brace emblem. I'm going to get one made at a trophy shop for not much money. Insist on the right front spoiler you paid for.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Took delivery of my car last Thursday, I have to say I’m disappointed so far. Main reasons are due to the damage found after dealer supposedly did PDI. They did t install the air deflectors, locking lug nuts or the tow hook. There are four panels on my car that have chips and/or gouge that will require paint work. Of course they’re blaming shipping and will contact me when the can schedule it in. The are going to do the work off site at a shop they said they own that is located about an hour away. I asked them if they were going to trailer the car there, he said no they would drive it. I said absolutely not! The car has 110 miles on it so it’s not out of break in period and I don’t want someone driving the crap out of my car for an hour. He said he would relay that to his manager. I’m so sick and tired of the games these dealers play, this entire process has been less than enjoyable and exciting. Has anyone else had issues like this? Also, if you have the performance pack, is the emblem missing in the middle of your strut brace and all you have are the three holes staring at you? We looked at three others on the lot and neither of them had them installed either. On a positive note, it rides good.
I know exactly how you feel about people driving it. I’m babying mine until it is completely broken in.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It sucks about the tower brace emblem. I'm going to get one made at a trophy shop for not much money. Insist on the right front spoiler you paid for.
Kinda had to fight for it. They didn't believe me at first. Had to get the parts guy to pull drawings and show them that based on my vin, it's supposed to have the PP "chin" and then show them pictures of both version to prove my point. They submitted a claim to Ford now.

Also found a scratch/defect on the dash, passenger side. I may have to eat that one as i only found it when i got home. They said they would see if Ford will accept it. I was so busy checking the outside and fighting for that chin, I didn't inspect the interior too much.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the difference between PP and regular chins. They gave me regular, which is wrong.
We're talking about the lower black , unpainted plastic part only here.

ad7cc2f0-0d4e-4c66-abd2-820768d18232.jpg

img-2033-jpg-64bec5598090f.jpg
Thanks for the picture clarification. At least they got that one right on mine .I'd like to think they'll make it right by you, it really sucks you have to fight and argue with them to get anything done.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’ve got to be kidding me… Way to save 30 cents, Ford!

EDIT: I just checked the two drive reviews MotorTrend has uploaded (GT and Dark Horse), and the Dark Horse has an emblem on the strut tower brace, but the GT did not. 🙄
Maybe they'll send it in the mail. 😉

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Seems like a fabulous opportunity for someone who has the equipment/know how to supply a huge demand for this market. Everyone will want one….I know I will.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Don't these shippers know how to be careful with a brand new vehicle? Honestly this pisses me off for you. I hope they make it right.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like a fabulous opportunity for someone who has the equipment/know how to supply a huge demand for this market. Everyone will want one….I know I will.
Do an eBay search. Someone is making custom strut tower plates. I just found them yesterday. Choice of colors and they put your VIN on it for that extra personalization. They aren’t pop riveted on they are two-sided tape. $39.99 with free shipping.
24Integrity is sellers name.

OP
OP
Stangerous

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't these shippers know how to be careful with a brand new vehicle? Honestly this pisses me off for you. I hope they make it right.
It goes Monday for repairs. Not real happy about it, but there is nothing I can do but complain and hope they do a good job as to where I can’t tell it’s been worked on.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
It goes Monday for repairs. Not real happy about it, but there is nothing I can do but complain and hope they do a good job as to where I can’t tell it’s been worked on.
I hope it all works out ok. Keep us posted on the progress.
Sponsored