• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting

radar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Agree. First time seeing them yesterday and what you said is totally correct. In photos you just see a flat wheel. In person you see the depth, and the groved surfaces. Definitely a different (and improved) experience in the real world. Are they still a bit too bright for me, yeah a little.
Hi from Australia
Remind me of my 17 - bit too “blingy”

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting IMG_7840

Since fitted these

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting IMG_2252
Tone it down a little

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
Reminds me of the 2011 pony package, which I liked a lot. Was just before every new performance wheel being offered as black or gun metal for some reasons that I don’t truly get.

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting IMG_2768

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
Reminds me of the 2011 pony package, which I liked a lot. Was just before every new performance wheel being offered as black or gun metal for some reasons that I don’t truly get.

IMG_2768.jpeg
I had a ‘10 with Pony. Miss those wheels. Wish the ‘24 had something like that. Haven’t seen the standard GT wheel in person yet, but doesn’t seem ‘good’ in pics. I saw a Ecoboost with 20” upgraded wheels, at Ford Carlisle, those looked ok.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting IMG_2773
Found this closeup picture. I agree that they are unfit of a performance package.
And now I get why they are called «shadow-silver». Every narrow arch has more shade than the other larger ones next to it.
Bad name, bad design, bad package.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ÂŽ15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Let's be honest, all stock wheels are pretty bad. The PP wheels are actually sweet though.
The base premium are decent, and NPP wheels are actually nice IMO đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™‚ïž
But yeah, kinda sucks to give the worst of the bunch to the Premium buyers

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the day banks opened. There weren't any real photos to go off of for the standard GT premium wheels so we largely had to go by the description "shadow silver". Shadows are typically a little dark. We never really got full confirmation until the drone video dropped a week or two ago showing several production wheels with that finish at the plant at which point anyone who ordered early to get the car during the summer already had a VIN. None of the press cars had the standard GT premium wheels at any media event. I know because I have followed every single media event for photos and videos since the car debuted. Spy shots could have been pre-production and couldn't be trusted. I did as much research as anyone could have really. The "more info button" you are talking about is actually called the details button as shown below and yes I clicked on it and enlarged the photos in a separate program to see they looked slightly brighter but it had to be one or other and I fell back on Ford's "shadow silver" description to choose between those two photos. If you are going to claim someone doesn't have "common sense" you might want to "spend the smallest amount of time" calling things what they actually are.

1687532301155.png
I actually saw this car back in April, and thought they were ugly ass rims they had left from early S550 releases (aren’t these the same design as the 50th anniversary, or at least very similar).
So they were out there for a while đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™‚ïž

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting IMG_8261

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMG_2773.jpeg
Found this closeup picture. I agree that they are unfit of a performance package.
And now I get why they are called «shadow-silver». Every narrow arch has more shade than the other larger ones next to it.
Bad name, bad design, bad package.
They’re not the Performance Package wheels though, are they ?? They’re just the standard wheels for the Premium trim I believe
 đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™‚ïž

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not sure what everybody is complaining about. They look so much better than the old steel rims that every car came with. They were so bad that cars came with wheel covers (some called them hubcaps) to hide them from the public. They even used white side walls draw attention from them.
Thing is you’re actually charged for these “upgraded” nice rims.
I’m sure some here would love to save $1,500-2,000 and get those steel rims (for like winter tires use), and spend that money on actually upgraded wheels
 đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™‚ïž

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
They’re not the Performance Package wheels though, are they ?? They’re just the standard wheels for the Premium trim I believe
 đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™‚ïž
I honestly do not know. But because the blue S650 in the first post and then the white one had quad exhausts, I assumed that it applied to PP.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I honestly do not know. But because the blue S650 in the first post and then the white one had quad exhausts, I assumed that it applied to PP.
Nope, quad exhaust simply means Active Valve Exhaust, can come with any trim level. The one on the right is an Ecoboost (horse on deck lid) with Night Pony Package (19” black rims)

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I actually saw this car back in April, and thought they were ugly ass rims they had left from early S550 releases (aren’t these the same design as the 50th anniversary, or at least very similar).
So they were out there for a while đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™‚ïž

IMG_8261.jpeg
I ordered on 3/27/23. There was another photo floating around at the time with these same wheels on it but one of the main theories at the time was that there was a good chance they were just pre-production wheels for testing purposes being they were so bright for a wheel called shadow silver. We didn't know anything for certain at the time.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered on 3/27/23. There was another photo floating around at the time with these same wheels on it but one of the main theories at the time was that there was a good chance they were just pre-production wheels for testing purposes being they were so bright for a wheel called shadow silver. We didn't know anything for certain at the time.
For sure !
And honestly, I never thought these were gonna be the stock rims for the premium.
I sincerely thought, as it was the end of winter (I’m in QuĂ©bec), that they had used these for winter tires to not trash good rims đŸ€Ł

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
For sure !
And honestly, I never thought these were gonna be the stock rims for the premium.
I sincerely thought, as it was the end of winter (I’m in QuĂ©bec), that they had used these for winter tires to not trash good rims đŸ€Ł
Somehow I still get complements on the factory wheels sometimes lol They have definitely grown on me some but there are also definitely some slightly darker aftermarket wheels I like better. I like these a lot more but I've got until Spring to figure it out for sure.

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting 1695862791368

Last edited:

Fiona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PreFast
tell the dealer to swap them with the car next to you
Sponsored