• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 oxford white blue stripe, sold. 2020 oxford white GT500 waiting to come home.
Went to see my Oxford white with GTPP 401A at the dealership yesterday and was very disappointed in the carbonized gray PP wheels, they don’t look anything like in the build, they are a dull gray and look ugly with Oxford white.
Does anyone else think the same?

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting IMG_0585

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting IMG_0588
Sponsored

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
Went to see my Oxford white with GTPP 401A at the dealership yesterday and was very disappointed in the carbonized gray PP wheels, they don’t look anything like in the build, they are a dull gray and look ugly with Oxford white.

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg
Personally I really like the wheels on it but I can also see that it’s a pretty poor representation of what’s on the build site.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg
I think with white you either go with the standard premium trim wheels, or go with the NP package. I don't think the PP wheels work well with white.

The white one I test drove the other day had the premium wheels and I thought they looked pretty good with that color. And I can confirm they look much better in person than they do in photos.

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting 20230925_131931-

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg
They didn't always look like that on the builder. Weird.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 oxford white blue stripe, sold. 2020 oxford white GT500 waiting to come home.
They didn't always look like that on the builder. Weird.
Hey anyone interested in my Oxford White GT PP AE MR, space gray sport seats. I decided not to take it and wait till the spring to get one. PM me and I will get you the information. Car is in Farmington Hills MI.

Last edited:

Crazy-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
So my 2024 GT Premium has been built already - but now I’m regretting my choice because those wheels are terrible. Unfortunately, I didn’t opt for the other wheel option but I didn’t think the standard wheels were this bad lol. Wonder if anyone else feels the same way.

IMG_2148.jpeg
I don't like the color so I'm getting them powder coated.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg
I actually think they’re going to look really good on my DM gray GT being built next week. I agree that they don’t look as good on the white though, and way different than the 2nd pic you attached. They didn’t look that bright when I did my build, but they do on my tracker. There doesn’t seem to be much consistency.

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting IMG_3950

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting IMG_4104

Last edited:

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg
May I please get the part number from you of those F & R wheels ? For my S550.

Thank you

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Does anyone know how much the OEM GT/PP wheels weigh?

GTlee57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Here is a great example of how deceptive these build sites are.

Here is a screen shot of a red metallic GT build with standard premium wheels

ShSVZCE.png

Now here is a real photo of the same car. Do you think that was a good representation of the actual wheels?

18c4gso.png
That live picture makes me feel a whole lot better! I had wanted the 20" silver rims, but at the time I ordered my car those were on constraint. I will still end up replacing my standard wheels, but at least these are not as dark as I feared.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
The design is a straight BMW rip-off. The carbonized gray and bronze PP wheels are very dull and have no pop. I test drove a black one at Keller Bros. In Lititz PA with the bronze package and it was a colossal disappointment.

I instantly liked these and bought the car. I am a huge fan of nickel luster wheels.
S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting IMG_0923

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
So my 2024 GT Premium has been built already - but now I’m regretting my choice because those wheels are terrible. Unfortunately, I didn’t opt for the other wheel option but I didn’t think the standard wheels were this bad lol. Wonder if anyone else feels the same way.

IMG_2148.jpeg
I couldn't agree more. Before I got my vapor blue, my local dealer had a Dark Matter Grey with those same wheels. I was anxious to get a new '24 but the wheels definitely changed my mind. I am so glad I waited.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I couldn't agree more. Before I got my vapor blue, my local dealer had a Dark Matter Grey with those same wheels. I was anxious to get a new '24 but the wheels definitely changed my mind. I am so glad I waited.
The wheels you got are my favorite of all the 24 wheel options. If it didn't require the PP I would have gladly paid extra for those wheels.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I wish those 20" wheels were available with the Performance Package.

Last edited:

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)