• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Here is the rim on the car in the build and price.
1687454291000.jpeg

Here is the shadow silver
1687454316083.jpeg

the build and price tool sucks
Not true. Look at the shape of the wheels, not the color. The configurator is shown with the shadow silver painted wheels. It's just that the configurator image is showing a much darker gray color than the true wheel.
Sponsored

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I remember seeing this picture from Ford Authority a while back and thinking God I hope those aren't the actual wheels for that car. Sure enough, they are. Blechhhh!

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting 18c4gso

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Shadow silver my ass.. more like Casper silver.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I don't think they are bad at all. That being said not thrilled at all with the sizing other than for the DH HP, so I would have switched them out anyway. More aggressive and more importantly, lighter.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I don't think they are bad at all. That being said not thrilled at all with the sizing other than for the DH HP, so I would have switched them out anyway. More aggressive and more importantly, lighter.
Same, dont see the reason to pay more for something that isn't what I ultimately want.
Going for wider lightweight wheels and some stickier wider tires once I burn through the stock tires.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Shadow silver my ass.. more like Casper silver.
And this is why trying to order a car off of a black & white order sheet with a supremely broken online configurator and no brochures is a nightmare. Do better Ford.

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Aftermarket all the way!!

I always upgrade the wheels on my vehicles. I wanted a white car with black wheels. Didn't want the night pony (or the delays created by it). Wanted color matched spoiler and mirror caps (I do like the black out headlights, though)

Wasn't sure if the bolt pattern was going to be changed... and be stuck with ugly standard wheels until some options popped up.

so, went with the bronze package. I can enjoy a nice looking wheel for now.

BUT, I will still get some other rims (wider for more tire on the road). Will get black wheels, and may, or may not powder coat them bronze over the winter.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
There's never been a decent looking standard GT wheel on a Mustang. At best, inoffensive

But they're always too chunky, low in detail, and flatter than a pancake

Just go aftermarket

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
So my 2024 GT Premium has been built already - but now I’m regretting my choice because those wheels are terrible. Unfortunately, I didn’t opt for the other wheel option but I didn’t think the standard wheels were this bad lol. Wonder if anyone else feels the same way.

IMG_2148.jpeg
They look like they belong on a base Ecoboost. The Nite Pony wheels look so much better!

texas8709

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4
Yes it is. I'm not the OP though. There is only 1 wheel with that shape on the configurator. The configurator loads with the standard equipment and these are the standard GT premium "shadow silver" wheels. If you look at all the wheels offered and look at how they are shaped it is easy to tell that it's the only match on the configurator and for cars spotted in the wild. Like I said, they are much darker on the configurator vs real life. Also, the wheels you are talking about on the silver car are the ebony black painted aluminum wheel you can also see in the configurator right about the standard GT premium wheels.

1687448513977.png
The POS configurator doesn't even change the wheel design, you can select the bronze ones or black ones or chrome ones and it'll still just display those wheels. But people expect that it's actually displaying the correct wheels (design or color), just because they're the default ones? You can press the more info buttons and see in the enlarged picture that those default wheels are no where near as dark as what is shown on the configurator. I swear people don't have the common sense and can't seem to spend even the smallest amount of time researching something when spending 50k+ on a car. Yet they'll complain about the automaker because their crappy little rendering didn't look like the real thing

OP
OP

vvedapud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
The POS configurator doesn't even change the wheel design, you can select the bronze ones or black ones or chrome ones and it'll still just display those wheels. But people expect that it's actually displaying the correct wheels (design or color), just because they're the default ones? You can press the more info buttons and see in the enlarged picture that those default wheels are no where near as dark as what is shown on the configurator. I swear people don't have the common sense and can't seem to spend even the smallest amount of time researching something when spending 50k+ on a car. Yet they'll complain about the automaker because their crappy little rendering didn't look like the real thing
totally agree, i ordered mine through Ford management lease back in early February - wish I had a semblance of a preview or design insight!

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
So my 2024 GT Premium has been built already - but now I’m regretting my choice because those wheels are terrible. Unfortunately, I didn’t opt for the other wheel option but I didn’t think the standard wheels were this bad lol. Wonder if anyone else feels the same way.

IMG_2148.jpeg
The wheels don't look bad themselves. If it's just the color, getting them powder coated could be a simple and relatively cheap option!

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
You can press the more info buttons and see in the enlarged picture that those default wheels are no where near as dark as what is shown on the configurator. I swear people don't have the common sense and can't seem to spend even the smallest amount of time researching something when spending 50k+ on a car. Yet they'll complain about the automaker because their crappy little rendering didn't look like the real thing
I ordered the day banks opened. There weren't any real photos to go off of for the standard GT premium wheels so we largely had to go by the description "shadow silver". Shadows are typically a little dark. We never really got full confirmation until the drone video dropped a week or two ago showing several production wheels with that finish at the plant at which point anyone who ordered early to get the car during the summer already had a VIN. None of the press cars had the standard GT premium wheels at any media event. I know because I have followed every single media event for photos and videos since the car debuted. Spy shots could have been pre-production and couldn't be trusted. I did as much research as anyone could have really. The "more info button" you are talking about is actually called the details button as shown below and yes I clicked on it and enlarged the photos in a separate program to see they looked slightly brighter but it had to be one or other and I fell back on Ford's "shadow silver" description to choose between those two photos. If you are going to claim someone doesn't have "common sense" you might want to "spend the smallest amount of time" calling things what they actually are.

S650 Mustang GT Premium Wheels are Disgusting 1687532301155

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I hate them too. I trusted they would be quite a bit darker than they are when Ford called them "Shadow Silver." They almost look white they are so bright and I have a darker car on order so it's going to look even worse.
I don't think they are THAT bad but they are a bit disappointing on a 60k car.
Sponsored