• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Oil Filter part # number?

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I went to buy an oil filter for my 2024 GT first oil change, and the parts store doesn't have the 2024 part number in their system. Does anyone know what part number the oil filter is??
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Rock Auto says FL2127 for Motorcraft or Wix 57502XP

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
Should be in the owners manual in the dash. Just search "oil" and it should show up. The FL2127 is a new number I had to order some from my dealer for my Escape. It is like the FL910 but has metric threads like the FL500

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See pic, thanks for the help though.

S650 Mustang GT Oil Filter part # number? Screenshot_20230921_181133_Chrome

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
This one?

Engine Oil Filter. Kit Element And Gasket.
Part #: FL2127 (NU2Z6731F)

Usage: Quantity per Vehicle:1, 2024 - 2024, Mustang, Liter:5.0, Cylinder(s):8, BoreIn:3.63, StrokeIn:3.65;Quantity per Vehicle:1, 2024 - 2024, Mustang, Read more
Section:Ford Motorcraft FI200
Item is currently on back order. Contact Your Dealer to check on part availability.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This one?

Engine Oil Filter. Kit Element And Gasket.
Part #: FL2127 (NU2Z6731F)

Usage: Quantity per Vehicle:1, 2024 - 2024, Mustang, Liter:5.0, Cylinder(s):8, BoreIn:3.63, StrokeIn:3.65;Quantity per Vehicle:1, 2024 - 2024, Mustang, Read more
Section:Ford Motorcraft FI200
Item is currently on back order. Contact Your Dealer to check on part availability.
I'm wondering why it's showing that one the ford parts website but the manual has the fl500s. I'm about to do the change so we will see if this one fits, I imagine it will. I'll come back and confirm in a little bit.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I can confirm that the FL-500-S oil filter fits good. It is a little longer than the stock filter but that's no issue at all.

I can also confirm the oil pan is metal with a metal oil drain plug.

You'll need a 15mm socket for the drain plug and you will need a 9/32 socket for the 12 ish small bolts holding the splash shield on. The oil filter can't be reached without taking it off. There is no access door to get to the oil filter like previous years.

I added 2 bottle of Ceratec to my full synthetic 10qts, since 1 bottle treats 5qts. All went smooth just plan on a little more time to take the shield off.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Ok I can confirm that the FL-500-S oil filter fits good. It is a little longer than the stock filter but that's no issue at all.

I can also confirm the oil pan is metal with a metal oil drain plug.

You'll need a 15mm socket for the drain plug and you will need a 9/32 socket for the 12 ish small bolts holding the splash shield on. The oil filter can't be reached without taking it off. There is no access door to get to the oil filter like previous years.

I added 2 bottle of Ceratec to my full synthetic 10qts, since 1 bottle treats 5qts. All went smooth just plan on a little more time to take the shield off.
What is Ceratec and wouldn't that be overfilling the oiling system if it already had 10 quarts in it? Did you use jack stands and where all did you put them or did you have it on a lift instead?

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is Ceratec and wouldn't that be overfilling the oiling system if it already had 10 quarts in it? Did you use jack stands and where all did you put them or did you have it on a lift instead?
Ceratec is an oil additive, a ceramic based additive that’ll essentially “fill” and repair any scratches or bedding issues within your engine. The wording isn’t great but look it up, it’s highly recommended by a lot of people to add with every oil change to keep the engine healthy.

for 1 bottle it equals .3 qts of liquid, so .6 qtsis what I added. It is directed to add to the full amount of oil, not to use it as a substitute for the amount being added. .6qts over recommended amount will not hurt anything.

I used jack stands and a jack. I put the jack stands at the furthest forward point of the pinch welds on each side of the car, the stands were not on the punch welds themselves but on the inside edge of the subframe. How I always did it with my S550, never had any issues with it that way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CeraTec is a high-tech ceramic wear protection product for all motor oils.

From the manufacturer, Liqui Moly:

CeraTec reduces friction and wear due to ceramic compounds that withstand extremely high chemical and thermal loads.
Prevents direct metal-to-metal contact, thus increasing the engine service life.
The low-friction effect reduces fuel consumption in gasoline and diesel engines.
CeraTec provides wear protection for engines, transmissions, pumps, and compressors.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you use to get the oil filter off? All I have right now is one of those old wrap around style filter wrenches with the thin metal band. Is that what you used or did you use a cup style filter wrench of a certain size? Any special swivels or extensions involved?

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you use to get the oil filter off? All I have right now is one of those old wrap around style filter wrenches with the thin metal band. Is that what you used or did you use a cup style filter wrench of a certain size? Any special swivels or extensions involved?
I used the crab claw looking oil wrench but I'm sure yours will work fine. No extensions needed, just the sockets I listed and a snap clip removal tool if you have one, there are 4 alongside the screws I listed holding the splash shield on

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used the crab claw looking oil wrench but I'm sure yours will work fine. No extensions needed, just the sockets I listed and a snap clip removal tool if you have one, there are 4 alongside the screws I listed holding the splash shield on
Cool, I do have a panel clip removal tool. Were you able to reuse the clips or did you have to buy new ones?
Sponsored