• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Got My GT!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Picked it up yesterday late afternoon. Drove straight home, about 7 miles on paved roads. I forgot to add in the Gorilla tape in the front wheel well holes.
Fun drive though. Going to have to get used to a very different clutch that the WRX.
I put my 5 amp battery tender (for AGM batteries) on this morning at 7:00AM. Battery needed charging based on the indicators! While that was going on, I installed my white Bullitt manual shift knob. Looks great against the black upholstery and interior. I also installed the UPR Catch Can (dirty side only). That was a challenge due to tight spaces, the Strut Tower Brace, and the fact that I'm not mechanically inclined :crying: - computers, I'm your man. :like:
After charging for three hours, I took the charger off and located my key fob "out of range" of the car and then measured the parasitic current draw off the battery - nothing turned on. I was surprised it measured 400ma (.4 Amp). This is what may be causing all the computer alerts due to a "non optimum" battery charge. I will measure again after the battery is fully charged.
Sponsored

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Congrats buddy, happy for you. Please post some pictures when you can. Curious to hear about that battery deal too. Sounds like you are more mechanically inclined than you give yourself credit for.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Picked it up yesterday late afternoon. Drove straight home, about 7 miles on paved roads. I forgot to add in the Gorilla tape in the front wheel well holes.
Fun drive though. Going to have to get used to a very different clutch that the WRX.
I put my 5 amp battery tender (for AGM batteries) on this morning at 7:00AM. Battery needed charging based on the indicators! While that was going on, I installed my white Bullitt manual shift knob. Looks great against the black upholstery and interior. I also installed the UPR Catch Can (dirty side only). That was a challenge due to tight spaces, the Strut Tower Brace, and the fact that I'm not mechanically inclined :crying: - computers, I'm your man. :like:
After charging for three hours, I took the charger off and located my key fob "out of range" of the car and then measured the parasitic current draw off the battery - nothing turned on. I was surprised it measured 400ma (.4 Amp). This is what may be causing all the computer alerts due to a "non optimum" battery charge. I will measure again after the battery is fully charged.
Awesome on finally getting your GT. Did you notice any issues with the car itself (stone chips, panel gaps, interior rattles, etc)? I plan on bringing my big laundry list to go over before I sign on the dotted line.

I've been having issues with Experian today trying to manage my credit freeze as I keep getting error messages when trying to do it on their website. I even tried calling but try as I might I could not get a human on the phone (what a joke). I guess maybe I'll try logging in on another device and see if that fixes the issue.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats buddy, happy for you. Please post some pictures when you can. Curious to hear about that battery deal too. Sounds like you are more mechanically inclined than you give yourself credit for.
Electronics, yes. I just happened to have an inductive current meter. That makes the job of measuring current draw easy.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome on finally getting your GT. Did you notice any issues with the car itself (stone chips, panel gaps, interior rattles, etc)? I plan on bringing my big laundry list to go over before I sign on the dotted line.

I've been having issues with Experian today trying to manage my credit freeze as I keep getting error messages when trying to do it on their website. I even tried calling but try as I might I could not get a human on the phone (what a joke). I guess maybe I'll try logging in on another device and see if that fixes the issue.
I had no problem doing the thaw and then a re-freeze when Ford finance pulled my report. I even used my phone!

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Congrats, but none of this can be validated without PICS!!

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
@DCS Congratulations!

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
Finally. Congrats after such a long wait.
Initial quality of build impressions?
Driving impressions? (I know, you haven't driven it very far)

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Well you beat me to it. Mine's been shipped with a VERY specific estimate of 4/9-4/22! Can't wait to see pics!

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Photos, please! :)

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
Welcome to the club.