• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Went ahead an ordered mud flaps. Amazon tells me they are compatible with the Mustang. If anything, I can return if they don't cover the hole. The difference between these and the others is that they cover more space on the top. All others are more skinny, and leave the holes in question exposed. Will see if they can be fitted properly and have them installed next week hopefully.
Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 9.47.53 AM.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CH9HR7MK
Let me know how that turns out for you, I would be interested in one if it does well for you! Rock on! I’ll switch on the “Watch this thread!” Thanks!
Sponsored

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I guess I won't [pester them with the same question..

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw 1/2 of it, I'll definitely finish it before I put anymore miles on it, I just picked it up Saturday and am waiting for my all seasons to be installed, maybe I'll look at it before i put them on.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
I saw 1/2 of it, I'll definitely finish it before I put anymore miles on it, I just picked it up Saturday and am waiting for my all seasons to be installed, maybe I'll look at it before i put them on.
I’ve posted to my Chanel a total of three videos about this, the one shows the issue, the second shows the damage when I removed the inner fender well and the third was the fiberglass infill.
Heritage has two of the videos, both were forwarded to their rep.

Heritage definitely acknowledges and recognizes there is an issue.

Reactions: DCS

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will also contact them and look at the videos.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues 1704473218231

S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues 1704473273995

So the flaps are a good fit, but they do not cover the hole underneath, as you can see. I honestly don't see the point of putting these on, as they would not cover the hole underneath, where all the salt/gravel can still enter the wheel well lining area.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1704473218231.png

1704473273995.png

So the flaps are a good fit, but they do not cover the hole underneath, as you can see. I honestly don't see the point of putting these on, as they would not cover the hole underneath, where all the salt/gravel can still enter the wheel well lining area.
The fiberglass I used worked well and then I molded a piece of Kydex over that. The Kydex is Super easy to do if you have the wheel well out. You could do it in place with the wheel off but attaching it is a different matter

maybemaybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Honda Civic
1704473273995.png

Looks mint.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Well I recently ordered a new 2024 EB Mustang and now I figured it was time to take a closer look at this wheel well issue:(
It's a New Year and I believe Job 2 for the MY24 Mustang so maybe Ford has fixed this issue - when can dream I guess.

Is this something worth holding on on buying a 24 Mustang at this point or do most folks think this issue gets resolved one way or the other - either Ford steps up or maybe an aftermarket fix comes outs. I guess in the meantime if this issue isn't fix by the time my car comes in there's always duct tape...

Also has anyone here with a MY24 EB confirmed that these holes do indeed exist on the EB as well as the GT's and DH's? I don't see why they wouldn't but figured I would ask. I'll bring up the issue with the Ford dealer I ordered EB from and see what they say. They are the biggest Ford Dealer in the world and it's in Metro Detroit where the roads are complete crap and we can our fair share of snow so maybe other's have complained to the dealer.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I recently ordered a new 2024 EB Mustang and now I figured it was time to take a closer look at this wheel well issue:(
It's a New Year and I believe Job 2 for the MY24 Mustang so maybe Ford has fixed this issue - when can dream I guess.

Is this something worth holding on on buying a 24 Mustang at this point or do most folks think this issue gets resolved one way or the other - either Ford steps up or maybe an aftermarket fix comes outs. I guess in the meantime if this issue isn't fix by the time my car comes in there's always duct tape...

Also has anyone here with a MY24 EB confirmed that these holes do indeed exist on the EB as well as the GT's and DH's? I don't see why they wouldn't but figured I would ask. I'll bring up the issue with the Ford dealer I ordered EB from and see what they say. They are the biggest Ford Dealer in the world and it's in Metro Detroit where the roads are complete crap and we can our fair share of snow so maybe other's have complained to the dealer.
According to EcoBoost owners that have messaged me regarding the video I posted, yes they have the holes too

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
According to EcoBoost owners that have messaged me regarding the video I posted, yes they have the holes too
Bummer but not unexpected. So nothing new to report on this issue? I just ordered an EB so I'm hoping either Ford or an aftermarket fix comes out soon for this issue.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I am taking my car to a mechanic this Saturday. I bought a floor mat, and the plan is to cut out patches out of that material, and use metal rivets. I'll post pictures if it works out.

S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 7.22.29 PM
Sponsored