• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Maybe a duct tape plug with a flange to allow one to pry it back out for maintenance.
Sponsored

Lmw34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The GT350 had issues with rocks/debris coming through the front lower fascia by the rocker panels. Foam inserts or mudflap type attachments fixed this.
Ford also fixed an issue with the exhaust tips collecting rocks/pebbles by drilling several holes in the bottom of the exhaust tips (rock drainage holes).

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The GT350 had issues with rocks/debris coming through the front lower fascia by the rocker panels. Foam inserts or mudflap type attachments fixed this.
Ford also fixed an issue with the exhaust tips collecting rocks/pebbles by drilling several holes in the bottom of the exhaust tips (rock drainage holes).
a

Yes, my 2019 GT350 collects rocks and I hate it. On the front, I installed some rock guards, behind the wheels I installed some small mud guards to keep rocks out of the side areo, and I’m always cleaning rocks out of the exhaust tips. I just wish my 2024 didn’t have giant holes to collect more rocks than my GT350 ever could.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
That’s the only way until we or the distributor figures out a way to defeat the crazy holes of FORD company!

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Any solutions yet?
Spoke with Ford, (several times) they said basically it my dealer and my problem - really quite unbelievable.

I have both, fiberglassed the openings and then molded the Kydex over that. In the spring i will attach the Kydex when i reinstall the inner fender wells.

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Spoke with Ford, (several times) they said basically it my dealer and my problem - really quite unbelievable.

I have both, fiberglassed the openings and then molded the Kydex over that. In the spring i will attach the Kydex when i reinstall the inner fender wells.
I was told the same thing today by Ford. This is crazy.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told the same thing today by Ford. This is crazy.
Yah, i'm really disappointed, but i'm guessing it would take quite a bit for them to acknowledge something like this was a flaw. I would be satisfied to get a statement off the record on what the heck they were thinking!

Somebody left some comments on one of the videos I made and said that after 3000 miles they hadn't picked up any stones, all I can say is they must live someplace where the roads are super clean.

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yah, i'm really disappointed, but i'm guessing it would take quite a bit for them to acknowledge something like this was a flaw. I would be satisfied to get a statement off the record on what the heck they were thinking!

Somebody left some comments on one of the videos I made and said that after 3000 miles they hadn't picked up any stones, all I can say is they must live someplace where the roads are super clean.
there’s no way you can’t pick up stones if you go in any gravel or dirty roads. The tires sling the rocks right into the hole. It’s a stupid design. My duct tape stays for now.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I called the Ford number to file a ticket. I was also given a number where one can file TSBs for various issues. This number is: 888 327 4236 (Vehicle Safety Hotline). I am waiting for the callback from them right now. I will also contact my dealer. Has anybody had any response from the local dealership about this issue? thanks!

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called the Ford number to file a ticket. I was also given a number where one can file TSBs for various issues. This number is: 888 327 4236 (Vehicle Safety Hotline). I am waiting for the callback from them right now. I will also contact my dealer. Has anybody had any response from the local dealership about this issue? thanks!
Our dealer got back to us with regard to their contact at Ford who acknowledges "this could be a problem" but offered no helpful information other than it's been noted and will be "looked into"

Reactions: Dxm

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
For now, I went and bought extra-wide Gorilla tape and taped over the opening sideways, vertically, so that it's closed up. Let's see how long this DIY repair will last... I swear, Ford deliberately introduces these ticking timebombs. They probably had a meeting to see what they could eff up and settled on this.

My last Mustang (07) had an annoying issue where the cowl would be full of leaves, branches, pine needles. I solved that by gluing mesh to the grill (coincidentally Mustangs finally started doing the same). That worked marvelously, until I got rear-ended, and "totalled" the car, so that the insurance company would not pay for the repairs... And now here I am with the latest Mustang. A very fun car, I must say, a lot of stupid things have been improved, but this... THIS... what in the actual f.

As of now, I called the dealership, and they are a joke, they are saying that they are so busy they won't be able to look at this till next year. However, I did submit 2 claims: Ford and Vehicle Safety Hotline. The more of us doing the same will hopefully cause Ford to undo this design improvement. I'm also waiting for aftermarket wheel well liners, right now nothing aftermarket exists for the 2024 Mustang yet!

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
That really sucks! I am guessing we shouldn’t buy anymore Ford vehicles until they learn their lessons!
Sponsored