• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Found a GT Manual with start/stop

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Found this one online. GT Premium. Has the Auto Start/Stop button, and even better NO Gas Guzzler tax!

S650 Mustang Found a GT Manual with start/stop 2024_ford_mustang-pic-605743758936537630-1024x768

S650 Mustang Found a GT Manual with start/stop Screenshot 2024-02-28 145420
Sponsored

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Are we talking about the red Stop/Start button? I've had that in mine since I got the car in October. Did something change?

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Are we talking about the red Stop/Start button? I've had that in mine since I got the car in October. Did something change?
No the button that has nothing on it next to the Mustang button is now stop/start. It means no more gas guzzler tax which is Bs because i get better mileage than the sticker anyways!

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What is the build date. I wonder if all GT manuals will now come through this way. I have a March build date. When I ordered in Dec it included the gas guzzler tax.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I only posted it because it was the first GT manual I've actually seen that showed both a real photo of the dash button and the removal of the gas guzzler tax on the sticker. If mods want to merge all the start/stop threads together I have no objection.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Maybe it is best not to have yet another thread on stop/start!

Yes, all Mustangs will have S/S built from now on

Some think it the work of the devil, some don't care, but it certainly isn't worth another thread!
Very interesting ,
Our 2020 F150 Limited has the stop start.
When you come to a stoplight the engine will turn off, after a few seconds or so.
But,
if you take your foot off the break and put your foot back on the break the engine will Start again and will not turn itself off until the next time you šŸ›‘ stop at a light etc..It will just keep running.
The 2020 F-150 also has a Button on the dashboard you can push to turn it off.
Maybe the Mustang will be able to do the same thing?
I personally, donā€™t care for the stop start. Very annoying.
But if it saves $1000 gas guzzling tax, maybe itā€™s worth it.
The Two Mustangs I Test drove didnā€™t have that option.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Lol, start/stop is the name of a function that many vehicles have due to climate laws that force brands to apply things on their car to reduce co2.

Start/stop makes the engine automatically stop when standing still and automatically starts when you want to drive instead of having the engine running while standing still.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
My DH Auto was built 12-4 (description in signature) from what I understand that would make it job 2. No start-stop. Not sure what mileage I'll actually get with the DH but I get almost 20MPG's mixed driving majority city vs highway with the 2011 GT.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
If mods want to merge all the start/stop threads together I have no objection.
Due to some of the forum features a merged thread could end up reading mad libs style.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Lol, start/stop is the name of a function that many vehicles have due to climate laws that force brands to apply things on their car to reduce co2.

Start/stop makes the engine automatically stop when standing still and automatically starts when you want to drive instead of having the engine running while standing still.
I know what it is, I was unable to see that tiny button in the OP's photo.

Lookin2Buy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Toyota Camry, 24 Mustang GT
Found this one online. GT Premium. Has the Auto Start/Stop button, and even better NO Gas Guzzler tax!

2024_ford_mustang-pic-605743758936537630-1024x768.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-02-28 145420.png
Am I missing something here, didn't think it was possible to have auto start/stop on a manual hmm.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Am I missing something here, didn't think it was possible to have auto start/stop on a manual hmm.
Not only possible but no longer an unlisted ā€˜optionā€™.