• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford Performance TPMS kit

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Would really love to get to the bottom of this, and perhaps, perform a write up for the rest of the community if need be. Could you forward a contact from the TPMS manufacturer? You may PM if necessary.
I'm not ignoring you. Just want to check with the person I dealt with before I give out his number.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I’m surprised they don’t self learn and position. Put a sensor on the hub (location marker) which [communicates] with the stem and position would be automatic. Add the relearn / reset to the center stack.

edit: had to fix typos
There would be additional cost to the system that you would only need once in a great while. Each wheel would have to have the location tool along with the wire to provide it with power. Most people don't swap their own tires. In my case, the tires are put on the car new and come off when they are replaced. I ask them not to rotate them but sometimes they do which has caused some balance problems. I know how to remove and replace tires and I do it when I have tire failure but when you don't need snow tires, there is no point in doing it yourself.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
I'm not ignoring you. Just want to check with the person I dealt with before I give out his number.
Went in for an oil change today (mind you I have the typical TPMS sensors like you) I asked the dealer if they could train them and the response they gave me is that they don't have the software yet but they otherwise are functioning (no indication that new TPMS sensors we're needed all together).

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Went in for an oil change today (mind you I have the typical TPMS sensors like you) I asked the dealer if they could train them and the response they gave me is that they don't have the software yet but they otherwise are functioning (no indication that new TPMS sensors we're needed all together).
Interesting. My old training tool works fine with the new sensors. The dealer didn’t have any trouble after I finally got the correct sensors installed.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Interesting. My old training tool works fine with the new sensors. The dealer didn’t have any trouble after I finally got the correct sensors installed.
Yeah, I agree, their response threw me off a bit after the discussion being had here.

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I bought a tpms tool on Amazon 150.00 seems to have programs the old sensors to the s650, it did however lose connection yesterday but this morning I was able to reconnect? I’ll see if it sticks and let you guys know the device I ordered had an update for 2024 model year as well but I had to use previous gen obviously with the previous gen sensors

S650 Mustang Ford Performance TPMS kit IMG_2412

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
There would be additional cost to the system that you would only need once in a great while. Each wheel would have to have the location tool along with the wire to provide it with power. Most people don't swap their own tires. In my case, the tires are put on the car new and come off when they are replaced. I ask them not to rotate them but sometimes they do which has caused some balance problems. I know how to remove and replace tires and I do it when I have tire failure but when you don't need snow tires, there is no point in doing it yourself.
RFID may be able to provide a self powered beacon capability. The sensor could ping the beacon and use that when reporting.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
RFID may be able to provide a self powered beacon capability. The sensor could ping the beacon and use that when reporting.
The simplest way would be to mark the product with a number. A menu screen would show the available transmitters which you would assign a wheel location too. I am not sure how the protocol for those work and it's possible they don't talk until spoken to. In that case, you might have to tell the car what to ping before it responds. The hand device may be doing exactly that depending on range to restrict the transmission to one device.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Would really love to get to the bottom of this, and perhaps, perform a write up for the rest of the community if need be. Could you forward a contact from the TPMS manufacturer? You may PM if necessary.
Dan's email address is [email protected] Sorry it took so long.

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nytop.store
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I bought a tpms tool on Amazon 150.00 seems to have programs the old sensors to the s650, it did however lose connection yesterday but this morning I was able to reconnect? I’ll see if it sticks and let you guys know the device I ordered had an update for 2024 model year as well but I had to use previous gen obviously with the previous gen sensors

IMG_2412.png
I am wondering if that’s because it was working when the old sensors are close to the vehicle? I’m also have trouble training the sensors to my car…
S650 Mustang Ford Performance TPMS kit IMG_8992

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I got they retrained with that tool I’ll drive a little to see if it sticks let you know

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just put on Velgen's and had to use new TPMS sensors since the factories weren't compatible.

Did the whole TPMS procedure with the remote and it worked for about two days before the car stopped recognizing them. Not sure what the issue could be.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Just put on Velgen's and had to use new TPMS sensors since the factories weren't compatible.

Did the whole TPMS procedure with the remote and it worked for about two days before the car stopped recognizing them. Not sure what the issue could be.
Factory sensors wouldn't work with the new rims? I haven't heard anyone getting other sensors to work long-term, including me. But thankfully, my factory sensors fit the new rims. Trained easy too.

JP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Confirming, when I bought new RTR wheels and the OEM sensors (part # in earlier post), from Ford the $15 training tool available at Amazon (same model at cjpony) worked fine once I put the car into tpms programming mode. Used an earlier post for these instructions
Sponsored